OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to resize side bar and remove clutter

We can no longer resize the side bar with the folder names and it takes up way too much real estate on the screen. Plus you've added a whole additional column that doesn't seem to be removeable. We should be able to customize the display to to get rid of all the unnecessary clutter. What a complete MESS you've made of the display with no way to remove all the noise. I actually l thought I'd accidentally turned on some "accessibility" display feature for the visually impaired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Connected Accounts Two Way Sync Back To IMAP Mail Server

Connected Accounts (Sync Email) should sync back to the original mail server, especially when connected over IMAP. At the moment it copy only email from IMAP to outlook.com.

If I use POP, then it is possible to delete the email, but give me new problems with "send on behalf" with Office Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. recover email account

Make a deleted Hotmail or Outlook email account or address recoverable if deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Attachments folder in hotmail needs to delete the attachment when the email is deleted.

Attachments folder in hotmail needs to delete the attachment when the email is deleted. The attachment for a deleted email should never ever be retained without a specific request of the user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No way to sign-out, no Help icon in Outlook.com (even after a couple of months)

Sign-out and Help cannot be accessed in Outlook.com website in Mail and Calendar, except under People. Is this a bug? How do I sign out of Outlook.com?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Swipe gestures for mail

Please add swipe gestures like the ones on Mail for Windows 10. This would make Outlook much nicer for touch-screen users. The gestures could be set to actions like archive, set flag, etc., etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Like Buttons

Most people are bombarded with emails especially in large threads with several people. One of the emails I always feel like I need to send is a "Thank You" email, but i feel like it's so inconvenient to just add yet another unread email in people's inbox. I'd like to suggest "like" buttons similar to what facebook and linkedIn have where we could quickly acknowledge an email without actually sending a reply.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to disable auto-categorization on synced accounts

Need option to turn off automatic categorization of email from synced accounts with the category equal to the email address. It is extremely annoying since the category names are so long and wide. We should be able to disable that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Toolbars in Edge

Why weren't the toolbars from the Microsoft homepage in Explorer -- which also carried to Outlook in Explorer -- retained for Edge? I have kept the Explorer browser available on my desktop simply because the Edge browser DOES NOT HAVE TOOLBARS ON THE HOMEPAGE OR FOR OUTLOOK FROM EDGE AND NO WAY TO ADD THEM!!!!!!! So when I want to/need to copy, paste, print or save anything from a browser webpage or from Outlook, I have to go to Explorer to do it -- what a pain in the butt. Why am I bothering with Edge at all? I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cannot unPHISH an email that was marked PHISHING accidentally

Accidentally marked an email as PHISHING, now I do no get any emails from them.

I did the following:
    (1) find it in the Recover DELETED folder. Found the emails, restore them to my inbox. Still not getting any emails from them.
    (2) find them in the BLOCKED LIST, they are not there. I deleted every Block Rule but still no results.
    (3) Put them on the SAFE LIST. Still nothing.

This PHISHING, BLOCK, BLOCK LIST, SAFE LIST features are not working.

Tons of junk/phishing emails still get through. This happened about 2 years ago. Prior to that, my junk…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. junk mail

Emails in inbox jumping to junk email. Not junk to begin with. This is so crazy.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. how do I close "Apps" and get back to regular Inbox?

I clicked on Apps by mistake and now cannot close "Files" to get back to my regular Inbox with emails. What an awful "New" thing you have done!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. @mentions first name only

My company organizes names in the address book by lastname, firstname. When using @mentions in the body of an email, it will insert the name in the email as @Pardi, Paul. I'd like to be able to set this so only the first name of the person shows up. This makes it easier to "mention" or refer to someone. E.g. "I want to include @Paul in this conversation." instead of "I want to include @Pardi, Paul in this conversation." In just about all of the times I use @mentions, I end up deleting the comma and last name from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reading pane needs to be OFF. We've been waiting for YEARS for the user-ability to turn it off for an entire outlook account and all .psts.

Reading pane needs to be OFF. We've been waiting for YEARS for the user-ability to turn it off for an entire outlook account and all .pst files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Control (Not allowed) sending to CC, but sending to BCC recipients

I'd like to set rule that enable sending to CC recipents but able to send BCC recipents by admin users when I send one email items.
    Curruently there are settings for controling CC recipients by using transport rules which replies 5.7.1 error to senders but there's none for BCC .
    If you can make new parameters for contorling sending BCC recipents that'll be so helpful.
    (1つのメールアイテムを送信するときに、CCへ宛先を指定しているアカウントには送信せず、BCCに指定している宛先へは送信するといった管理者側で制御できる設定が欲しい)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. pin unpin keyboard shortcut

Add keyboard shortcut for pin/unpin email like for example, to add a flag it is the Insert key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications for child folders should appear next to parent folder while child folder is collapsed into parent

I have rule set up for new email from LifeWay to go into its own folder. The “LifeWay” folder is a child to “Faith” which is a child to “Personal”. I prefer to have my folders collapsed but in doing so I have no idea when there is new mail sitting in the “LifeWay” folder or any other of my child folders for that matter, unless I expand and check every folder.

There should be a numeric indicator next to the parent folder while the child folders are collapsed into their parents then when you click the parent there should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show/Hide Email Addresses

Make on option to show/hide the sender's full email address below their name without having to open the message.

Add a toggle switch that will show/hide the full email addresses. Having to mouse-over a contact and wait a second or two to view the alt text is no good.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. login hacks from foreign countries

Login hack attempts are common from many foreign countries. (My email address was found on the dark web.) I suggest automatically rejecting login attempts from foreign countries. and allow a user option or temporary password for account use when traveling. Microsoft tracks unsuccessful login attempts by country as listed in activity log. Email notification should follow and when confirmed as unauthorized, tracking should follow to close down the hackers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base