OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open emails in .html instead of .mhtml to remove the need for Internet Explorer

Change the format to .html for emails that display "If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser." Opening Emails in Internet Explorer is a Security Risk and does not take advantage of Edge's more secure browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not receiving specific email

I am not receiving Password Reset emails from Amazon even though I am receiving other emails from them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easy way to identify senders from my organization vs others

I'd like an Easy way to identify senders from my organization vs others in Search, Rules and Conditional Formatting of views.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. new message alert for focused inbox only

Can we filter new message alerts to apply to "focused" emails only and not "other" emails? I waste a lot of time going back into Outlook to view a new message only to discover that it is in the "other" folder and I delete it. This switching negatively impacts my productivity so it would be great to eliminate this noise for "other" emails only. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mute

OUTLOOK MUTE WORDS.

I work for any organization with over 4,500 staff. Sometimes, I receive unsolicited emails due to service downtime for some SBUs or birthday wishes and the escalation just won't stop.

It gets annoying sometimes and I wish I could just mute some keywords that I do not want to see in my mail. Just a feature that allows me to remove a colleague's mail due to some keywords from my timeline. I should also he able to unmute them at any time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Outlook Web App Integration With OneNote

Sticky Note has already been integrated in Outlook Web. Just a simple click on Notes can show the set of Sticky Notes already available. What if OneNote is also integrated with Outlook Web app. One click would help us to navigate through all notes in OneNote without having the need to toggle between OneNote Web app & Outlook Web app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Push Notification on alias

Get Push Notification when receiving email on PRIMARY ALIAS and not only on the original address used to create the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Suggestion]:Customize top icons menu

Customize top icons menu: right now when I select an email I see "Delete" "Not Junk" "Move to" "Categorize" and "...". However, I rarely use "Not Junk" "Move To" or "Categorize". I much more often use "Mark as Read/Unread" but these appear in the "...". Why do they have to be in the "..."? Please include an option in the "..." called "Customize", then let us decide which menu items we want and which order we want them in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. big letter

Automatic capital letter at the beginning of a sentence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. mark as read button on notifications instead o ARCHIVE or give option or choose between these two ARCHIVE or READ

Why we have to open the email to mark them as read. I'm sure 90% people don't use archive on Android notifications. Many other Popular apps including myMail, Yandex mail, Yahoo etc. have it. Please add MARK AS READ instead of ARCHIVE.

This has been asked since 2016 and with 10000+ votes but seems like outlook team don't see it useful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change the name of "Files" to "Templates"

Change the name of "Files" to Templates. That way is will be out-of-site and down near the bottom. I have always liked having "Folders" at the top. That way, it makes more sense when working with email.
    If I want to create something, I use a different app. Delete "Files" or change the name to Templates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. visual problems

Now way too much visual noise - inducing migraines. Having to find other alternatives through occupational health. The classic version visually simpler and clearer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. moving messages to Inbox tabs issue

If I refresh after moving messages to the new "inbox tabs", the messages appear back in the original location

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add SharePoint sites to attachment list on outlook.com

When you use the desktop version of outlook, you can add files that have been saved on a SharePoint site (by browsing or most recent files). On outlook web version this is very limited and there is not the option to either add SharePoint sites or browse to a SharePoint site in your tenancy for attachments. It would be good to add this function

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reply-all to Teams

An option under Reply (etc) to continue the conversation with MS Teams, taking the recipient list and automatically generating a chat, with the first message being the email itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. remove snooze option

Remove or provide option to remove Snooze option in Outlook. It is NOT a feature. It is too easy to mis-select the option on small devices. It is not valuable to all users and an annoyance to many. Valuable time is wasted trying to locate valuable emails when the option is inadvertently selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. import olm

Import OLM file into Outlook.com

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drag and drop an email to a meeting and link the two items to create a high level agenda

There may be a way to do this already but not able to find a solution. My working day consists of many meetings and i receive lots of emails which are relevant. I would like to ability to be able to drag and drop the email to a meeting entry to create a link between the two so when the meeting open I can see all relevant emails relating to this topic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regarding Office 365 account support ticket 1007545498, i was told to come here. i'm not receiving email, and there is a deeper issue.

I provided an alternate email, because I am not receiving email at my live.com account. It is in my settings. A tech support rep checked my outlook settings and said nothing was wrong with them, that it looked like a mail server issue. However, i hesitate to post contact info on this "idea" site, since it's really a PROBLEM. I pay for an annual subscription and need to receive my live.com email. My subscription will include my phone number which you can text or call. If you can see the settings on this account you can see my alternate email.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exchange Transport Rule - add "Wrap message and forward to recipient" action

In my scenario, I manage a list of known senders of my organization, and would like to have an option to wrap the messages that are not in "known senders" list.

This can be implemented with just 2 rules:
    1. Match the sender in domain list and stop processing more rules.
    2. All other messages should be wrapped and delivered to original recipient with disclaimer.

This would boost the awareness of recipients and should reduce related frauds that use look-a-like domains techniques.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base