OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. whitelist

Suggestion: add "whitelist" to the MS Outlook vocabulary with a link to the explanation of "safe sender" so it can be found more easily when using Help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Server rules don't work over large Inboxes

I've described this in detail here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-ocleanup/trying-to-move-300000-old-emails-from-inbox-to/f20527c4-221b-4a30-89fa-3b3374bce9cd.

Due to bad email migration software, I ended up with an Inbox with 20 years of email and more than 350,000 emails in my Inbox. I have tried endless ways to move most of them to the Archive folder, either using the Outlook desktop client or using server inbox rules as detailed on the link without success.

The server inbox rule approach looked promising with a date period, but I have found when run over large date periods, it runs for a long time (and seems to affect outlook.com performance adversely) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Left Pane items

Dear, I just LOVE Outlook and would certainly not want to change to another mail provider! Had Hotmail/Outlook since the beginning and planning on continuing! Yet, to be completely satisfied, I would like to submit the following issue:
    Left Pane items: I would like to be able to select whether or not "Files", "Groups", "Archive", "Notes", "Conversation History", "Feeds", etc appear (as I DON'T use them and they take unnecessary space, plus they are annoying). If not possible to remove the "Files" and "Groups" items, could they AT LEAST have a function to STAY COLLAPSED (also really annoying to have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to Turn-off Junk folder or wildcard to white-list all internet

Nearly all the emails I receive, like 90%, go into Junk folder, but no of them is actually Spam. And now it has started to be even worse. I want to Turn off Junk folder, completely. I don't get nearly any Spam - never. I don't need and don't want Junk folder. The folder never worked, at all. Or I need a wild card rule to white-list whole domain like .com. or whole internet like "".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. subject suggestion

Is it possible to create a suggested Subject text based on the email content?
    Gmail do it and it's super useful to tab across to accept. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. proof

A few days ago I sent an email for a job offer. The other party have not received the email. I didn't participated in the competition and I lost the job offer. When I objected they asked me for a proof from the email provider in order to accept the objection.

"That's not an option!!"

Do your best and create official proofs that the mails are sent, only by asking them!

Move on, be better than yesterday!!!
    mits

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Detach with link

One function I miss in Outlook is what could be called “Detach with link”.
    On other mail systems I used before, the function “Detach” would download the attached file to a folder of one’s choice, removing it from the mail. Relation between mail and attachment would be lost.
    “Detach with link” would allow to download the file the same way, removing it from the mail, but would as well insert a permanent link on the mail’s body, relating it to the original file on it’s new location: PC, hard-disk, cloud, etc.
    Whenever necessary, say you can’t find the downloaded file,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pinned Messages

Hi,

My idea is about the Pinned/Flagged messages in the Inbox Folder in outlook.

When we have a long list of Pinned/Flagged Messages, It's frustrating to scroll
    down the list of emails every time we have a new email.

Can we have a dedicated Folder for all the Pinned/Flagged Messages? This way we don't have to scroll down all the way to read new emails in the Inbox Folder.

As soon as we Pin / Flag an email in the Inbox Folder, they should be moved to the Pinned / Flagged Emails Folder. The user can always go the Pinned/Flagged…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. colored folder

It 's a wonderful idea if the different folders (also in the Favorites group) can be set with different colors!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Dislike]:please fix

now that you added snooze, you wiped out the navigation for back and forward

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saving an email into a shared mail box through the options tab

in shared mail boxes when sending from the main email and wanting to file the email in one of the folders in the Shared Mailbox it does not save it. It only saves it in the folder of the main email. correcting this short coming helps in filing the sent emails and saves time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. page view- not scrolling view

I want page view instead of scrolling view!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Brighter highlight for unread messages with dark theme

With the light theme it's easier to detect unread messages with just a glance, since the bold font makes the writing stand out from the white background, but with the dark theme unread messages don't pop as much. It'd be nice if they had highlighted borders: if the whole rectangle of each unread message had a thin bright contour line, or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show which alias received the e-mail

When I receive an e-mail, I want to be able to identify which of my aliases received the e-mail.
    When the sender sends the e-mail using the "BCC" I can't find from which of my aliases I received the message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Dislike]:the close ( x ) button on right side is gone

close ( X mark ) button missing in right side !!! sometimes only show Up-Arrow, rarely show Down-Arrow, never show X. Only when I expand to full screen do I see the X. I size the browser to part of screen and Not full screen ( too easy to close by mistake with the right corner X to close )

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. News Follow Not Working!

News Cant add personalized search to follow. Only pre-selected searches can be picked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. remove all unread menu

The menu with ALL, UNREAD, DATE (with arrow) takes up precious space. It's bad enough that the reading pane menu is full of clutter. Please remove the DATE with arrow and move the ALL/UNREAD somewhere else or at least in line with the search field. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. own domain

Current "use own domain" functionality within M365 Home and Family should be flagged as BETA.

Best efforts of support teams at Microsoft couldn't get this working. I have lost a good deal of time and money and, as moved my domain to the expensive GoDaddy specifically for this feature on this, and frankly feel like I was miss-sold the product. I got my money back from Microsoft, but not from GoDaddy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Templates with attachements

Hi - I've been using templates to increase productivity for many years on outlook desktop app. Having been updated to outlook.com I find I am no longer able to use templates that have attachments - could this be included please.
    Kind regads
    Lex

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mail rules

you guys made a good job (partially) with rules - right click on the mail - create rule - send the message...BUT it does not work
    my specific case - I want to move ALL the messages from linkedin to one box. When creating this way, the wizard says it will move all the messages from linkedin to specified folder, but it will not. It will move only messages from the specific email. Easy fix - move all messages from the domain or from the sender.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base