OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clicking on dates/times (for example: "tomorrow", "August 1") should create a new event for that date/time

In Windows 10 Mail, you can click on dates and times like "lunch", "August 1", and "tomorrow", and it would create a new event for that date and time. Please add this to Outlook online.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Registration Emails don't show up.

Registration Emails from other websites only show up about half the time. Not in Inbox. Not in Junk. Where do they go? Yahoo mail always works.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Attachment Suggestions

When I want to attach a file to an email, the Attachment suggestions are always the same. Even after months of saving documents in various folders and attaching various documents, the suggestions never change.

If the app is app is always looking in one or more places, I'd like to know.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Error] in change displayed read status of messages when marking all messages as read in other folder (browser interface)

"Mark as all read" on Deleted Items changed current folder view in browser to "all read". All items in Inbox now look like they're unread, since I marked all as read in Deleted Items via right-click but didn't change actual status of messages, so a simple refresh shows right status of messages again.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why do I keep seeing this annoying ad for the app?

What the heck is this "enter your phone number for the app"? ****? I do not want to enter my phone number and I do not want the app on my phone. Why does this keep showing up when I go to check my email and practically after each email I check? How do I get rid of it? It is extremely annoying!!!!!!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unread email count at folder root - not just sub-folder

I keep missing emails because they belong in a sub folder and the main parent folder is collapsed. Please make it so the parent folder shows new unread messages for all the subfolders so I can collapse everything and not have to leave every single tree open in order to not miss emails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One Error Report one Suggestion

Dear Outlook Team
    Very nice to Sync the Gmail via IMAP service, but one error, when delete an email from outlook.com not deletes on Gmail account.

If delete an email from Gmail it affects and delete from Outlook.com

Also one suggestion to add separate email signature for each account added that I send email on behalf from Outlook.com, FYI Gmail has such a service, it adds separate email signature for all added accounts

thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. E-mail IMPORTANCE setting missing in website version of Outlook Live Mail (mobile access)

Dear Outlook Live Web Mail team,

Only today I noticed there is no IMPORTANCE settings in the messages available anymore! I'm talking about free web version of the Outlook Live Mail here (when accessing it with mobile devices, e.g. Android mobile phone)! One obviously cannot set the importance (High, Normal, Low) of the individual message anymore, be it when composing a new message, or replying, or forwarding previously received one! As far as I am concerned this is about a removal of important functionality here, a termination of most basic feature of electronic messaging! I can say I'm pretty much…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This needs fixed in Outlook mail

Every time I delete a Junk mail message, I get this message and want it to stop. I don't want to give you the information, and I'd like it to go back to my list of emails like it used to: "By sending your phone number or email address, you agree to receive a one-time automated message from Microsoft to this mobile phone number......"

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Action when moving or deleting message from inbox

I have my settings set up so that the newest email is at the top of the list and when I move or delete an email, it shows me the previous (newer) email. That's exactly what I want, however I wish that when I get to the newest email and deal with it, it then brings me back to the message list in the inbox. Currently, it brings me back to the last message I didn't move or delete. After I arrive at the top of my email list, I just want to be brought to the inbox message list…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. watermark

Good afternoon, I would like to insert a watermark in the email, can you do it?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AWFUL AS USUAL!

STOP ASKING ME TO VERIFY MY DELETION CHOICE!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show emoji description on hover

When I add an emoji to an email, a lot of the emojis look alike. Please add a description when I hover over one ("eyeroll", "confused", etc.).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The lockbox (security) is missing today. The address is https, but no lockbox inside email. Is the certificate good??

The lockbox (security) is missing today. The address is https, but no lockbox inside email. Is the certificate good??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Items in the Recoverable Folder are not searchable.

Recoverable Folder should be available in the Search Bar. Outlook should show it just as it does for other folders.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Security risk in email function: old attachments.

Outlook on the web, attach files: need to remove files from "suggested attachments" list.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Your 'block' doesn't work

Block means block. It should get kicked back to the sender as an invalid e-mail address. The goal is to make my address unattractive to spammers. A bad e-mail address means they remove it from their system. Removing it from their system means they don't share it with other spammers.

If Block only reroutes it to the trash bin, this is nothing but a glorified spam filter. So quit deceiving your users and actually Block the trash we want blocked

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Darkmode with white reading area (like outlook app)

The reading area should be white or there should be an option to set it white just like the oulook-app.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. HATE Hidden Sidebar...

Sick and tired of you hidden sidebar in my Outlook email. Do you know how much more wor I have to do to get to my emails? I do surveys and sign petitions and am in my emails constantly for hours. Hacing to do all of this in full screen has taken a toll on my eyes. My eye doctor says to not do that anymore. How can I CONSTANTLY click for the sidebar, scroll down to where my email aliases are, then click the email. I am so angry that we cannot just do one click to hide the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No "Was the helpful" Undo Option

There is no way to undo a "was that helpful" answer... I clicked it by accident.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base