OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "English (World)" should actually mean international English

"English (World)" is not US English. Microsoft, I get it; you're a US company. But here's a newsflash for you: nobody uses US English except for people in the US and some historical colonies and significant partners, such as the Philippines and Israel. Moreover, stop forcing the abomination that is US English down the world's throat, especially by masquerading it as "English (World)"; it's not gonna work. Since most of the rest of the world is sensible, they use international and/or Commonwealth English. International English would almost unequivocally mean using Oxford English/spelling (en-GB-oxendict), as it's considered the most international English…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep Hotmail/Outlook unexpired for months since library internet access is stopping due to coronavirus library closures

Please keep my Hotmail/Outlook account open for a lot longer than 30 days. This is because of the coronavirus. Right now Hotmail/Outlook expires if not used every 30 days. However, I don't have internet at home, and libraries where I get Hotmail/Outlook are closing indefinitely. So I may not be able to access Hotmail/Outlook for a long time. So please keep Hotmail/Outlook open for several months until I can access it again. Thanks.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shouldn't Need to Link to LinkedIn Account to See LI Profiles

The sender card in a suspicious email gives the option of seeing LinkedIn profiles. When I click "show profile matches", I'm prompted to connect my Microsoft and LinkedIn accounts. This gives LinkedIn all of my contacts. I have deliberately NOT given LinkedIn all of my contacts. I know Microsoft bought LinkedIn, but it's a bad idea to require this. Among other things, how will you distinguish between work contacts and personal contacts? I don't want my boss knowing I dated his cousin.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New user option for handling Junk Email folder content

The following is a suggestion for a new feature. Some questions were posed by a Microsoft rep and my answers are included in what follows.

1. (Q) Are you using the Windows mail app or the Outlook email application which comes with Office 365/2016/2019?
      (A) I am using Outlook web-based email. No software was downloaded to my device for me to be able to use my email.

2. (Q) What devices are you using to access your emails (PC / I Pad / Phone)?
      (A) Only PC with Windows 10.

3. (Q) What is the affected email address in the question? Please elaborate…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hotmail programmers think they know what's best for me when they do not

My settings are not given when clicking on setting pane, most frustrating..I only use Hotmail when someone from work insists. I would like to forward all hotmail to my Gmail...this is because hotmail is so presumptuous. I don't appreciate the way hotmail programmers presume to know how I want my mail organized! It is messy and makes it difficult to catch important mail :(

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. whats going on with my emails??????????

Why are the emails being sent to me coming up as normal? I have to search the person or company through search to see their email?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I THINK YOU CHOSE MONEY OVER CUSTOMERS

YOU USE FEEDBACK TO IMPROVE: NO YOU DO NOT!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING BACKWARDS

BLOCKING, WELL NOW WE WENT BACKWARDS?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give options to perform actions like highlighting or adding comments to the PDF and then synced it on OneDrive.

Give options to perform actions like highlighting or adding comments to the PDF attached within emails and then synced it on OneDrive.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Choosing my correct email address (I have several) from the email folder I am in.

Title: Choosing my correct email address (I have several) from the email folder I am in.

Hello the Outlook.com Team,

Could you implement an automatic selection of the correct email address that is directly related to the folder that I have currently selected, as I have several email addresses for my single outlook.com email account and it is really a waste of time of having to select the correct email address depending on which folder I am in in Outlook.com when I press the New message button to start writing a new email. Thanks.

Keep improving Outlook.com further.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why make Outlook Live different than Outlook

Why make Outlook live menus so different from Outlook? Make Outlook Live LIKE Outlook, but whatever you idiots do, don't make Outlook like Outlook Live. Microsoft really needs to find someone with a brain to manage these idiots running Outlook Live. A good start would be just using the standard File Edit menu like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access and a large number of non-Microsoft programs. Why not? Why make it different? So frustrating. What is the purpose of making it different? Just so it will be different? Good Grief.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Two clicks to spam

Having to click twice to say not spam and other similar instances

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why would an email with the subject "could you spank my butt" is even in my spam! Jesus

Why would an email with the subject "could you spank my butt" is even in my spam! Jesus

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Win10 Mail App - Email Did Not Send, Not Shown In "Sent Mail", Not Shown in "Drafts"

I had a time sensitive email that I needed to be sent to finish an FMLA request. I pressed "send" in the Windows 10 Mail App, email seemed to send fine. No reply for a couple of days, checked my email and could not find the email under the "sent" category in the Windows 10 Mail App or @ live.com.

There was a ribbon at the top of the screen that said "your account settings need updated". No prompt to login, no warning that the mail app would not work properly without "updating" my account. I've used it for several…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. there should be a function where the emails open can be show in the same page, instead of opening different tabs to read the emails

there should be a function where the emails open can be show in the same page, instead of opening different tabs to read the emails

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorrect Chinese UI font on Safari on Mac

When using Outlook.com in Safari on macOS, the Chinese UI font falls back to SongTi instead of a sans serif font that is wanted.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bravo !

congratulations on your email translator, it works better than Google translate !!! Well done !

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WAy to merge conversations please!!!!

PLEASE add way to merge conversations in outlook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Popoutv

Popoutv-give an option to cancel this feature. It is totally annoying.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Theme Outlook

put themes also to press the whole Outlook screen please

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)