OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Steps to setting an an alias

When creating an alias, i feel there should be another step to assist you to create a RULE and inform you that you need to set up a folder. As i goes now, I set up the alias, but did not know I need to CREATE a FOLDER and create a RULE. Not enough info on all the steps needed to get a new alias to work.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AWFUL AS USUAL!

STOP ASKING ME TO VERIFY MY DELETION CHOICE!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show emoji description on hover

When I add an emoji to an email, a lot of the emojis look alike. Please add a description when I hover over one ("eyeroll", "confused", etc.).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The lockbox (security) is missing today. The address is https, but no lockbox inside email. Is the certificate good??

The lockbox (security) is missing today. The address is https, but no lockbox inside email. Is the certificate good??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Items in the Recoverable Folder are not searchable.

Recoverable Folder should be available in the Search Bar. Outlook should show it just as it does for other folders.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Security risk in email function: old attachments.

Outlook on the web, attach files: need to remove files from "suggested attachments" list.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Your 'block' doesn't work

Block means block. It should get kicked back to the sender as an invalid e-mail address. The goal is to make my address unattractive to spammers. A bad e-mail address means they remove it from their system. Removing it from their system means they don't share it with other spammers.

If Block only reroutes it to the trash bin, this is nothing but a glorified spam filter. So quit deceiving your users and actually Block the trash we want blocked

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Darkmode with white reading area (like outlook app)

The reading area should be white or there should be an option to set it white just like the oulook-app.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. HATE Hidden Sidebar...

Sick and tired of you hidden sidebar in my Outlook email. Do you know how much more wor I have to do to get to my emails? I do surveys and sign petitions and am in my emails constantly for hours. Hacing to do all of this in full screen has taken a toll on my eyes. My eye doctor says to not do that anymore. How can I CONSTANTLY click for the sidebar, scroll down to where my email aliases are, then click the email. I am so angry that we cannot just do one click to hide the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No "Was the helpful" Undo Option

There is no way to undo a "was that helpful" answer... I clicked it by accident.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. regarding deleting an email

I delete a junk email and get a screen that says I need to "select an item to read". Why? That is not how it was before I got windows 10. Something so small and benign is now so ******* annoying!!!!!!!!!! It is adding up. Why is this happening??????

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. EMAIL

having problems all around with email even viewing "more" settings ...wants me to upgrade : Wwhat in the world asking for peoples money at this time anyway it's outrageous!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook filters suck

Fix your filters. I have important emails ive been trying to receive for 3 days now and each one of them i have had to have redirected to gmail instead because outlook isnt getting them for reasons unknown to me. this has been fairly consistent across multiple services and platforms. its almost as if microsoft is trying to ***** me over. emails not in focused, other or junk. perhaps outlook really is only good for signing up for suspicious sites. in fact...fix it or i'll do my best to completely circumvent your spam filters and i'll stop deleting them. not…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View And Toggle Flag ICON When Email Open.

View And Toggle Flag ICON When Email Open. When viewing individual email use 1 touch to turn flag on and off (not a menu). Show the icon instead of "Flag for follow up" (which is actually ambiguous and sounds like an instruction). Thank you.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reading Pane Alternate background for odd and even emails

The reading pane is difficult to distinguish different emails. It would be nice if the backgrounds would alternate different gradients odds being one color and evens being another.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Web based Outlook Mail for mobile access: the Folders list doesn't keep the position of its currently selected folder

Web based Outlook Mail for mobile access: the Folders list doesn't keep the position of its currently selected folder

The following issue description is solely meant for the Outlook Team developers, please!

It is quite inconvenient that with the new web-based MOBILE Outlook Mail GUI the Folders list ALWAYS opens at its INITIAL position and does not keep the position AT currently selected folder. This issue is only, or at least mostly, applicable to those users (or customers) who have LONGER folder tree structures with several (let's say10 or more) folders in their e-mail boxes!

Kind regards,

J.K.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I like this service

A "new item" symbol like a "red dot" on the "Toggle Left Pane" button if there is something new. ie Junk Email if the Left Pane is closed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. you should be able to send email to an ip address without a domain, a@ip

you should be able to send email to an ip address without a domain, a@ip

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hotmail is stripping all my font formatting

With the stupid updates MS has made, Hotmail is stripping all my font formatting so I can't figure out what I marked! And this is with BASIC stuff, not specialty choices. I hate MS!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New failure in outlook

Deleting a mail after reading it in the Junk Mail folder (cannot be sure about Inbox yet), results in a blank screen reading "select item to read" as opposed to going back and displaying remaining mails in folder.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base