OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Suggestion]:HEIC Support

HEIC images from iOS should be supported in Preview viewers in OWA.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Dislike]:Garbage Can Placement

The delete messages is not in a good place. I click on that garbage can instead of opening my email. :-(

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Dislike]:Let me turn OFF "external email" banner

GET RID of that stupid "external mail" banner! Talk about disrespectful. Do you really think users are so new to email that they can't tell when a message is coming from outside their own workplace? How insulting!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. [Dislike]:Edge ignoring page dimming elements

outlook.live.com##.ImmersiveProfileOverlayWrapper NOW WORKS! on a different Chrome browser The popout box on th email address/date seems a little different but better than dimming the rest of the page and hurting my eyes everytime a dialogue appear like the other confirmation one when deleting junk mail: outlook.live.com##.ms-Overlay.ms-Overlay--dark.root-1 - outlook.live.com##.ms-Overlay.ms-Overlay--dark.root-2000

I was starting to like Edge but since Outlook now interferes with the contrast of my page where it is uncomofrtable and won't allow me to hide these horrid eye hurting elements I had to switch browsers for that. I'll continue using Edge for other stuff.

If it is set to ignore…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Dislike]:Page dimming returns and eye hurting modal elements now ignored in edge

I found that the modals have come back, Ms Edge IGNORES adblock elements but I don't blocks ads or use the filters (they are still and behaved on the left) just website elements that serve as a nuisance like dimming/flipping my page from white to dark to white for every dialogue. Sorry that hurts my eyes. Before the page lightened when the dialogues appears which was alright and didn't strain my eyes now it it is the opposite and dims it hurts my eyes and I see many website doing this out of trend.

On every other chrome it works:

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [Dislike]:Page dimming

I noticed when I empty the Junk Mail folder the rest of the page turns dark. I didn't mind it before when use to tur lighter but now when it flips from white to dark to white with a small dialogue in th emiddle it hurts my eyes. So I blocked this element: outlook.live.com##.ms-Overlay.ms-Overlay--dark.root-106 I ask, what is the purpose of dimming the page? All it does is obscure the contents and hurts my eyes in the process. I could do without this dimming.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. [Dislike]:Should be able to view 'raw messages' outside of email messages

allow users to view 'raw messages' outside of an email message. It doesn't make sense to open a email message to then click on to view 'raw messages' and see email's info. You should be able to view 'raw messages' before opening an email message.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Suggestion]:Allow for (easily) externally addressable distribution lists.

Within gSuite and O365 B/E it is easily possible to create e-mail distribution lists that can be addressed externally. We use this feature to be reachable by persons and institutions that can only store one e-mail address, but need to reach either us as parents (parents@example.com) or the whole family (family@example.com).
    The Groups feature allows for the creation of an e-mail address per group (which then acts as a DL) but external senders need to be authorised explicitly. This is a massive overhead, especially as sometimes we cannot predict the sender's address (principle@, schooloffice@, teacher1@, teacher2@,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Suggestion]:UNDO THIS HORRIBLE UPDATE

you updated my outlook on my macbook WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. IT IS TERRIBLE. HOW CAN I REVERT BACK TO THE ONE I HAD

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Dislike]:New category: Hate Something!

I now have to double click on my E-Mail Messages to read them instead of having them open in the reading pane.

I want the ability to open my mail in the reading pane, vice having to open another tab on my Taskbar.

This is not a request, it is a DEMAND!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Suggestion]:Pop up personal note for special email addresses

I hope to add personal note to some special email addresses. For example, if I receive from a bank called "BECU Notifications" I like to immediately see my personal note says "this is my business bank." It will also help to identify all other emails. Another example is when I see Xfinity I like to see a pop up note "this is home wifi." Thanks very much!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Like]:Why are you removing Inbasket Tabs?

I really love the inbasket tabs. Why are you getting rid of them? They really help me to quickly clean up my inbasket.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [Suggestion]:"add icloud account", a possible mail function?!

When will start the function "add icloud account" like the existing function "add gmial account"?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Dislike]:RULES

Rules - WHY can't we create more than ONE rule per day? This is truly getting very annoying.
    thanks!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Dislike]:Fix bug in Focused Inbox algorithm

I have no rules and no sweeps but still some messages are being delivered directly to the Other Inbox. CLEARLY a bug since with no rules or sweeps they should all be delivered to the Focused Inbox first. Please fix.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Dislike]:Bottom slide button doesn't appear

Bottom slide line does not appear if I am at the top of the e-mail. It is appearing when i am at the bottom of the e-mail. It is too hard always go down and slide right or left.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Dislike]:Security Backup

Backup security doesn't work well. I was asked if an old email account was my current security I wanted to use. I switched to my cell number. Then I was told I had to enter a code sent to my old email, that I didn't know how to access, to re-enter email or be locked out for one month. Horrible. I spent an hour figuring out how to get back into the old email and cancelled the security switch, (which required entering a code). Bad design.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Dislike]:don't break things that aren't broken

why did u move the MOVE feature off the main menu? we use this feature frequently and don't need to add another click to get there when it was fine where it was! FIRE those idiots making these unnecessary changes that waste our time!

youth laugh at us for still using hotmail. if u want to keep us oldsters using yur system, stop ruining it!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [Dislike]:why are u breaking what isn't broken?

I have many directories into which I file my emails. till today, iv bin able to choose that file. now yur making me search it and u immediately move the email without me being able to look at that directory? what if it's not the right one! STOP INTERFERRING! STOP BREAKING WHAT ISN"T BROKEN! Let ME handle my own file - get out of my business!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [Dislike]:Put pack ability to select folders to move to

A feature was recently removed. Put back the ability to select all folder for moving files (from the Move to menu) rather than having to search for it now. It's now harder to manage emails because you have to enter the folder name to search for it, vs being able to select from a list.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base