OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

New experiences in Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't open email

cant open anything on windows 7 what have you done

2,101 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

457 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • No feedback on Help or way to request extra help when given answer is wrong or out of date

No feedback on Help or way to request extra help when given answer is wrong or out of date :(

1,755 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

267 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Can no longer drag & drop emails to folders

Can no longer drag and drop emails to folders. It only works if that email is not the current one open. So if I have only one email left in my inbox (I like to keep my inbox empty) I can't drag and drop that last remaining email because that one is "open" I have to click on the little circle to the left of the email, then from the drop down folder menu click on the folder I want it to go to. This is more time consuming .This is using google chrome and IE and from other computers…

1,143 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve identified a bug in IE browsers related to drag & drop emails into folders and have a fix coming soon. We will update this post when a fix is ready.

Thank you for raising this issue to us and your patience as we resolve it.

• Rules are not working

my email rule is not work

684 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • When scrolling through mail it is auto jumping back to top of the page

When scrolling down through emails it keeps randomly returning to the top of the list. When scrolling through older emails and having to wait for them to load into the list it is frustrating to have to go back down and wait each time for them to load.

724 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

267 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve since made more progress with our investigation and have a hunch for what the issue is. It seems that it is a lot easier to run into the problem using Firefox than using a different browser, although the problem could affect any browser.

====

We’ve heard multiple reports of this bad behavior on Firefox and are investigating. We’ve not heard any similar reports on other browsers, so that might be a possible alternative for now, while we work on resolving the real issue.

Apologies.

• Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

255 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

319 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

• Rule Move all messages in the Inbox folder and all future messages "when creating a rule.

Hello, Devs

Please return the option to Move all messages in the Inbox folder and all future messages when creating a rule, it is of extreme importance this feature, THAT EXISTS THE YEARS in the classic version and was withdrawn in the new one.

Why did they do that? They have taken a role that is important in day-to-day life.

635 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

To create the sweep rule to move all messages from a user in the Inbox folder and all future messages:
                  1) Select the email or emails with the senders you which to move
                  2) Click the “Sweep” Button or click “Move-to → Move all emails from”
                  3) Select the option “Move all messages from the Inbox folder and any future messages”
                  4) Choose the folder you wish to move these messages to
                  5) Click “Ok”

• Hard to tell between read and unread messages

I liked some of the ideas being used in beta, but I hate the new layout! I found it far less readable. It was more difficult to differentiate between read and unread messages quickly. I'd love the option to change the layout to what I prefer. It was enough to make me opt out.

2,669 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

236 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback on the Outlook.com beta. For the layout, if you prefer a layout with the reading pane off (you look at a full screen list of messages until you click on email email) in the beta you can click on settings and switch reading pane off. It will be on the first settings pane. For the read/unread feedback, we will continue to monitor this to make sure we strike the right balance.

• Scroll Bar Disappearing

How the **** can you subject your users to a product as bad as this?

The scrol bar keeps disappearing. The list of emails keeps updating.

Are you mad?

48 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Advanced search

How do I do an advanced search in the beta? Specifically, how do I search by date?

270 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • dark/night mode is essential

Nowadays a dark or night mode is a necessary feature IMO.

1,070 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

378 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is my greatest pleasure to share this piece of news with you: Dark Mode is here, on the new Outlook.com!

What is Dark Mode?
                          Dark Mode is a more-pleasant way to read your Outlook.com email if you prefer interfaces that are less bright or if you are in a low-light environment. Dark Mode is available on the new Outlook.com experience (formerly known as the Outlook.com Beta experience) only.

How do I turn it on?
                          To turn on Dark Mode, open the Quick Settings panel by selecting the Gear icon at the top of your screen. The option to enable Dark Mode is near the top of the panel, immediately under Theme selection. If your browser is unable to support Dark Mode, consider using Microsoft Edge.

Why is Dark Mode not a theme?
                          When we designed Dark Mode, we debated having it exist in Outlook.com as a theme. We quickly…

• Navigate back to search

Hi, it used to be that when a search was made, we could view one of the messages, and the navigate back to the search. Now navigating back brings us to Inbox, and I need to do the search again to view another item! This is really annoying. Also, undo send feature is gone.

22 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Small message displaying area

The screen is divided into four parts where the message displaying area looks small, it feels congested to me. The round icon colour for the contacts can be darker so it would blend in with the UI. The fonts look good, spam filter is awesome, surfing speed is good, and ads on the right side is not that annoying till now for me.

388 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

206 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experiences with the new Outlook.com experience.

We have been working to adjust the experience based on all of your feedback. Since we have introduced some settings, I wanted to make sure you were all aware of them.

When you are signed in, you can click on the gear in the top right hand corner. From here it will load the quick settings pane. This pane will allow you to disable/enable features that will make it feel more like the old experience.

Specifically I want to call out the Reading Pane. The old experience had the reading pane defaulted to OFF. What I would recommend doing is trying to hide it and see if that helps improve your experience.

Hope this helps

David Los

• Keyboard shortcuts not working

I'm trying the new open beta. In this preview, the keyboard shortcuts are not working. Even tried with different kb-shortcuts like Outlook.com, Gmail, ... It is set to Outlook (not Outlook.com) by default. The shortcuts were working in the old layout. Please fix ASAP.

464 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

215 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • It is no longer easy to block senders from my Junk box and select all. I think I am ready to quit this Microsoft garbage and go Gmail.

It is no longer easy to block senders from my Junk box and select all. I think I am ready to quit this Microsoft garbage and go Gmail.

39 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • delay sending email or undo send

Hi,

I'm surprise that this feature is not yet in Outlook. I would like the possibility to delay sending email to a specific time.

Thank you

395 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

253 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Search Old / Older email

I am wondering where some of my older emails went to. I know I didn't delete them, but they don't show up is search. I'm guessing your software deletes emails that are older than a certain date. How do I recover these emails.

31 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Find all emails from a sender

I frequently get multiple emails from a sender in one day or daily emails from a sender. In the previous version, I could hover over the first line of an email in the Inbox and a context menu would appear. Then I could select "find" and handle all emails from that sender from the results screen. I don't see how to do that in the beta.

I'll probably have to leave the beta version because I can't do this type of "find".

403 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Search does not work correctly

I did a search on "John", looking for an email I sent to . I was on the Inbox when I initiated the search, and the search filter was set to "All folders". Search found his name and email address, but found no email, which makes little sense since he is not in my People. I clicked on the Sent folder and did the same search on "John", and it found the name/address as well as the email.

What testing are you doing on features that something this obvious isn't found?

7 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Search results do not show what folder a message is in

In the previous version of Outlook, there was a column to show in what folder the message was found. Now it only displays the list of messages. Due to this, there is no way to know if the messages displayed are in Deleted Items, Inbox, Outbox, or custom folders. This is a pretty important feature for keeping emails organized.

The "top results" makes search results more confusing. About 98% of the time I'm seeking a message from a sender and enter that into the search box. I don't need "top results" such as what an internet search performs. Just show…

311 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base