OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

473 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

554 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

2. Scroll Bar Disappearing

How the **** can you subject your users to a product as bad as this?

The scrol bar keeps disappearing. The list of emails keeps updating.

Are you mad?

435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey! I’m really sorry to hear that you all are experiencing this issue with the scroll bar. We were able to reproduce the issue on an Edge browser, but I’m wondering if you’ve experienced the same thing on other browsers too?

Can you fill out this form letting us know which browser you’re using when you get this issue, and any other info that might be relevant? We’ll try to fix it asap.

https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR3M5kvKXLUxLg5HHvJDXsGlUMFI3OU1EOUtURjlMN0NHVTZJUjZJSFVYQS4u

- Colin

3. Navigate back to search

Hi, it used to be that when a search was made, we could view one of the messages, and the navigate back to the search. Now navigating back brings us to Inbox, and I need to do the search again to view another item! This is really annoying. Also, undo send feature is gone.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search does not work correctly

I did a search on "John", looking for an email I sent to . I was on the Inbox when I initiated the search, and the search filter was set to "All folders". Search found his name and email address, but found no email, which makes little sense since he is not in my People. I clicked on the Sent folder and did the same search on "John", and it found the name/address as well as the email.

What testing are you doing on features that something this obvious isn't found?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delay sending email or undo send

Hi,

I'm surprise that this feature is not yet in Outlook. I would like the possibility to delay sending email to a specific time.

Thank you

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

325 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’d like to give everyone a somewhat complete update on this feature request.

The feature “Undo Send” has been available on Outlook.com for a while now. With it, you can set a small delay of up to 10 seconds when sending all your email messages.

Additionally, we plan to make available a bigger feature that is along the lines of “Schedule Send”. At the moment, I cannot provide a time estimate for when it will show up for you. However, we’re very excited and hopeful :)

6. Search Old / Older email

I am wondering where some of my older emails went to. I know I didn't delete them, but they don't show up is search. I'm guessing your software deletes emails that are older than a certain date. How do I recover these emails.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back hover search of email senders!

Can't hover over sender of email to search for more emails from that sender, so I can delete them all at once.
    This is a huge time waster for me!
    Why did you change this feature Microsoft??

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search Icon in Calendar has disappeared - can't search

I can't search in calendar any more. The search icon (magnifying glass) has disappeared. I can search in messages.
    I am using Chrome
    Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find all emails from a sender

I frequently get multiple emails from a sender in one day or daily emails from a sender. In the previous version, I could hover over the first line of an email in the Inbox and a context menu would appear. Then I could select "find" and handle all emails from that sender from the results screen. I don't see how to do that in the beta.

I'll probably have to leave the beta version because I can't do this type of "find".

411 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! This feature is planned and will come to the beta in a future update. We will reply back when it is available.

10. Advanced search missing

Add advanced search option on web page like you provide in desktop outlook version.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In search results get rid of "top results" section

When I search I want only one list of results so I can follow conversation with one person quickly. Top results is useless as I don't know what is missing there. I want all messages, excluding deleted folder, sorted by date with the most recent on top.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search is useless

Search is useless. I've searched for portions of strings that are clearly inside HTML portions of my emails and the search UI fails to find them.

Example. I see emails from American Airlines (HTML format, not attachments) containing my flight-number. If i search for a portion of that number...search can't find it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The Sort function not working right, basic functions lost.

In classic version, I can sort inbox mails "sent from" and drag up and down to the first to last person in alphabetically order very quickly and therefore able to find a person easily and quickly. But in Beta version, I can not drag down to the end all at once. I have to continue scroll down and scroll down and it slowly load up the next few people. It takes forever to find a person in alphabetically order.

In classic version, I can sort Sent Items by "sent to". But in Beta version, that function is completely lost. There…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Replying to an e-mail whilst your inbox is filtered to 'unread messages' just deletes the message.

Defect alert: Replying to an e-mail whilst your inbox is filtered to 'unread messages' just deletes the message.

Repro steps:
    1. Filter your inbox to 'unread'
    2. Open a message, push reply.

Expected:
    I should be able to reply to the message.

Actual:
    No reply message appears, the message disappears entirely, and the message which was unread is gone from the filter (meaning you need to manually search to find it). You can see something new in drafts, but click on the folder and it gets deleted.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Don't show deleted mails in search results by default

I'm trying to cleanup my emails:
    1) search for emails to be deleted
    2) delete them
    3) refresh the search : they're still displayed in the search results, this time with the Deleted folder indication.

I would like to have an option that would allow me to NOT display deleted messages, so that I wouldn't have to select the Inbox folder at each and every research in order to exclude deleted items.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. why isn't the junk folder available for searching

You have default listings for searching various folders, but not "Junk". Why do I have to specifically go to the Junk folder to search in it?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I can't get organised

It's impossible to organise my emails. If I search for something in my inbox it brings everything up, even deleted items. How can I organise things? The search
    is rubbish

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. blue is not a good color for search bar in dark mode

We should be able to choose our own color tool/search bar at the top in dark mode.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NOT VIEWER FRIENDLY PAGE DESIGN

I PREFER TO SCROLL THROUGH MY MESSAGES TO FIND WHAT I WANT AND THEN OPEN THE MESSAGE BOX, WHICH IN THE BETA VERSION TAKES TOOOOOO MUCH SPACE FOR NOTHING. THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. ALSO I DON'T NEED TO SEE THE FIRST PHRASE OF THE MESSAGES CONSTANTLY, THIS SHOULD BE OPTIONAL. THIS WAY IT IS CUMBERSOME AND DERAILING, I WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH MY MESSAGES EASILY AND ON FULL SCREEN.
    SEARCH IS NOT AS EASY AND

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. microsoft deleted my emails older than 10 years old without my knowledge, with no warning or opportunity to download and store them locally

why did Microsoft delete email older than 10 years old with no warning? last year I was able to search ALL my very old emails for important messages and attachments. now that has ended. there was no warning from Microsoft that they were going to delete anything older than 10 years old, no opportunity to have the option to save them locally to ensure valuable data was not lost.
    it is an outrage! if you search this topic you will find that it is not an isolated incident, but the 'solution' provided was to use the outlook app and use…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base