OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

The new Outlook.com

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook update SO SLOW!

Outlook update SO SLOW!
    Just tried looking for an email which turned out to be a year ago to the day, couldn't remember email address/identity of sender. Scrolling back through history is w-a-a-a-y-y slower than previous.

5,143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1411 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Thanks for reporting these issues, and for trying the new experience. We for sure don’t want you guys to be hitting performance issues!

However, we need a bit more details to help try to understand the problem.

Can you please fill out this form telling us which Browser, Browser Version, and Operating system you are using?

This will help us target our investigation.

Thanks

Colin

Form link:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR3M5kvKXLUxLg5HHvJDXsGlUN1QzS0ZDMk4zSUxVMUFaMlgwSlcwSkpWNi4u

2. unable to send and receive mail

unable to send and received mail

4,126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1695 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Infinite scroll makes it impossible to get to old emails

Previous iterations of outlook.com have used pagination or viewport scrolling to allow me to accurately jump to any point in the middle of my inbox. The new layout, however, uses infinite scrolling, meaning that if I want to view a message more than a few days old, I have to scroll to the bottom, wait for a few messages to load, scroll to the bottom, wait for more messages to load, ad infinitum.

In fact, I can't any way in the new inbox of jumping to a historical email. If I can remember that I received an email at the…

3,619 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

177 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Send" goes to drafts

Everything I "send" goes to drafts and doesn't get sent.

467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

269 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display Modes for Density or Compact

isn't it possible to have more compact view? menus are taking lots of space in screen and way too annoying.

5,706 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1432 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I want to thank everyone for providing feedback about spacing/whitespace/density controls. This is indeed something that we are evaluating and designing. At this time I don’t have an exact time frame for when this will be available, but we will keep this item updated as we progress with this work.

Thanks again for the feedback, and for using Outlook.com. Keep the great feedback coming.

David Los

6. Mail Program Locks Up

When I receive email that has special characters in the subject line, it causes my browser mail program (such as Microsoft Edge) to crash/lock up. Lately, I have been getting a lot of email from Home Depot with graphic characters in subject line.

543 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rules are not working

my email rule is not work

971 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

231 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you, everyone, for reporting this issue to us. We understand the frustration around this issue that has been ongoing for some time, and are working to track down issues.

In order to help us pinpoint issues, please be as descriptive as possible in highlighting what your specific issue is when posting a comment.

In the meanwhile, here are some instructions and help to attempt to mitigate issues with your Mailbox:

- In order to create rules: 1) Right-click on a specific email and select “Create rule”. 2) Select the overflow menu in the top menu bar and click “Create rule”. 3) Click “Settings” → “Mail” → “Rules” → “Add new rules”

- Rules run in order from top to bottom on your rules list in the rules settings page. If you have a rule created with the option “Stop processing more rules” (enabled by default), once that rule condition…

8. Return Receipt

Return Receipt when e-mail is sent

365 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Deleted items re-appearing

Getting really sixk of deleting emails only to have them reappear multiple times.

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

429 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting feedback on this issue. We are actively investigating what may be occurring here and plan to address this issue as quickly as possible. Whenever possible, please also include your browser and browser version so we can better isolate the problem. Thanks for your continued help!

10. When scrolling through mail it is auto jumping back to top of the page

When scrolling down through emails it keeps randomly returning to the top of the list. When scrolling through older emails and having to wait for them to load into the list it is frustrating to have to go back down and wait each time for them to load.

793 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

325 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve identified one of the issues with Firefox which will be fixed when Firefox updates to version 57.

One of our users has also posted a solution for Firefox that seems to work that you can try in the interim:
    1) Type “about:config” in the address bar.
    2) Click the “I accept the risk” button.
    3) Type “accessibility.blockautorefresh” in the search box (though, you might not have to do this – for me it is the third item from the very top in config).
    4) Double-click on the first item that appears to modify the value to “true”.
    5) Restart Firefox.

We are also working on improving reliability and performance while scrolling that will help alleviate this issue on other browsers like Chrome, Edge, and IE. Those changes should be available soon and we will update this thread once those have been released.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

11. The Mail "Rules" should also apply to Junk Email folders

Everyday I get dozens of emails that gets filtered to the Junk Email folder. Most of those emails have the same text so by creating a Rule we should be able to delete them right away. However, for some stupid reason this doesn't work. For example: I created a new "Rule" that is supposed to 'mark as read' and then 'delete' all emails with the word "Advertisement" in the body contents however, the rules never applies to new emails arriving in the Junk Email folder, only those arriving in the Inbox. This is such a basic but useful feature that…

485 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scroll Bar Disappearing

How the **** can you subject your users to a product as bad as this?

The scrol bar keeps disappearing. The list of emails keeps updating.

Are you mad?

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't attach files - STILL!

Outlook.com has become a failure. It would seem that 90% of the time I'm unable to send an email with an attachment as I get to notifications to say either "The following files couldn't be attached" or "this message can't be saved at the moment". If this is a lame attempt to have me use the cloud or go 'pro' it has failed. I will now go to Gmail. MS - you're becoming a legacy and not current and vital!!

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SPAM!

The amount of spam/phishing emails that are coming through my inbox these days is absurd. What is Microsoft doing to help filter these out before they get to a user? Shouldn't there be some sort of filter in place?

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The sender's original message will be included. This message can't be sent right now. Please try again later.

Why do I somethings get this error message(s) when sending email? "The sender's original message will be included.
    This message can't be sent right now. Please try again later. "

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. my junk folder is gone, so is my Focused and Others? Help!!!

Where are these folders? Did Microsoft change something the week of April 9th 2018??

728 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry people are experiencing issues here. We have gone back to the old behavior for the left-hand folder tree to always show since last year and we hope this has addressed most issues.

There are some reports in the comments about individual folders not showing up. In order for us to get to the bottom of the issue, please post as much detail as possible in your comments. What steps are you taking? Which browser/computer/operating system are you using?

Thank you for your help.

17. Block all sub domains from a top level domain

Outlook needs to allow users to block all sub domains given a top level domain, for example "*.xyz", not only specific domain name. Spammers are changing sub-domains every single day so block specific domains is not practical anymore. What happens is that after blocking "this.xyz" domain, I have myself struggling with spam from "that.xyz", "alsothat.xyz", "alsothis.xyz" domains.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Undo Button

Change the Undo button to its original functionality as well as positioning. Previously the Undo button was on the right hand side of Web Outlook, ever since the update it move it to the left hand side. On top of changing location the button doesn't have the same functionality... previously when viewing an e-mail and deleting one, the undo button was featured on the right hand side as well.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Safelinks isn't working

I can't click any link in any e-mail on any device.
    Service Unavailable
    HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 371 372
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base