OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• or
  1. Save shared contacts

Allow to save contacts created and shared by others in my contact list.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Office integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix bugs: mutlitple contacts per company, multiple contacts per deal, share shared

This application is very glitchy, which is disappointing. Primary glitches I'm running into:

1) I am only able to add company to one contact. Thereafter, that company is not available to future contacts. 1-1 relationship? Same goes for deals. Once add, it's gone.

2) Shared contacts cannot be seen. Where do they go and why can't my co-workers see them?

I view these as core to OCM so I'm surprised to be running into these issues right out of the gate.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing contact information

I shared a contact with a colleague that has a custom column, but my colleague cannot see the custom information (contact owner). Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should be able to see each others custom columns. This looks like a bug. Please follow up with support, so they can share your account details with us and we can provide you a status update.

4. Ability to set default value to YES for sharing contacts and deals

When using outlook customer manager and adding in contacts businesses or deals the default value to share those is set to No. I want to be able to have that default value set to yes since we want to be able to share contacts and deals pretty much every time by default.

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Contacts and companies do not share.

In our organization, the contacts and companies do not share.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically share the full time line of shared contacts.

My colleagues need to see the last time someone was in contact with our contacts and see the content of the communication. The sharing of time line information (mail, calls, notes etc) is essential for this product.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on it  ·  22 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shared contacts directly from Outlook

Please make sure contacts can be shared with everyone using Customer Manager from Outlook as well as via API-access for other systems. Global Address Books doesn't work well for SMBs.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow multi-select of contacts and then allow setting all selected contacts to Shared status

There should be the capacity to select multiple contacts in the OCM interface in Outlook 2016, and then change certain settings on all selected contacts - but most importantly their shared status.

Often, smaller companies all share the contacts and deals they are working on. When someone joins the OCM and brings their contacts in, not being able to share them all, or a specific subset with one or few clicks, is a major barrier to getting on board with the software.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the Bug That Is Preventing Users From Sharing Contacts

I should be able to share OCM contact, company and deal information with other members of my organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are supposed to be able to share. This is an ongoing issue. We are working to fix it. Please contact support if you need more assistance.

10. Not sure why the "shared with" category is showing "Private" when all of my business contacts are shared. Can that be corrected?

Not sure why the "shared with" category is showing "Private" when all of my business contacts are shared. Can that be corrected?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share with Specific Colleagues or Groups

Share contact, deal, company, task, etc. with specific colleagues or groups. Right now "share" shares with the OCM O365 Group. Please expand this to other contacts and groups.

Great feature! And iOS app is coming along nicely.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. group sharing

I shared my files with two people of my company. They see the contact but not the companies. Offers appear from time to time

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. custom columns and sharing

I am having trouble sharing contacts with my coworkers. Since I shared one contact as a test with him, his add in no longer works. Assuming we get that to work will he be able to see my custom columns? Please be sure that this is possible! Maybe an admin can have control? As part of a CRM for our company we all need see the same information and basic fields for us are 1) to assigning a contact owner internally, 2) an importance level, 3) a contact type field, 4) a region field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are constantly improving our sharing behavior. If you do not see shared contacts or the same set of custom fields, please contact support.
    For the issue your colleague saw with the “add in no longer works”. He might be hitting an issue, for which we are rolling out a fix in the next week, so he should be able to have it working again.

14. Sharing of timeline information

When a contact is shared have thier timeline call log, notes etc appear for everyone to see. If my assistant takes a phone call and makes a note I would like to see that in the timeline when I review that contact. Thanks.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share Select Emails, Because Obviously Want Some Emails to be Private

Please add a feature to select which emails are shared, because there will obviously be some emails that one might like to keep private from the rest of the team.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Timeline does not show emails in shared deals

I can't see emails (relationship history) in shared deals and contacts. See only history of changes

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Share contacts with Microsoft Bookings

I've recently started using Microsoft Bookings for my business. It would be great if there could be syncing of contacts/companies between the two.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More granular sharing of contacts (Kontakt teilen, soll/muss differenzierter möglich sein)

Translation:
    A group of 6 people is working for two separate companies, with different licenses.
    Contacts, companies and deals should be shared, but granularly not for each company.
    Currently deals from company A show up in company B. They would like to share per person.

Original
    Wir sind eine Gruppe von 6 Personen welche für zwei Firmen tätig sind. Beide Firmen sind im Office 365 mit separaten Lizenzen angemeldet. Nun möchten wir Deals, Kontakte oder Firmen teilen, jedoch nicht über alle Firmen!
    Wenn wir die Möglichkeit bekommen, mit Personen zu teilen, dann könnten wir die Funktion "Teilen" nutzen,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Syncronize with local Outlook contacts

It is nessesary to have the Business contacts that are shared with all available in a seperated contact Folder under the normal inbox contacts or integrated in this. If not it is not posible to have the contacts on mobile phone to see who is caling me. Another thing is i want to open an email and type the name of an contact from ocm.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. customize column views (contacts)

Need to be able to have a better overview of my contacts. Best was is to at least allow me to select different views, such as selecting which columns are shown in which order. For example being able to quickly sort which contacts are shared or not.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base