OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• or
  1. Seems very buggy, I have had many errors,failure to save, wait-we haven't completed creating that customer yet issues. So far, not very imp

Lets start with it working, not really working all that well. (But then outlook tells me all the time that a contact doesn't exist when I know for a fact that it does and I find it and then suddenly outlook finds it too, but not when it should.)
    I have added 8 customers and 2 of the 8 have a mystery error or are unusable, I have no idea if I need to delete these and start them again or what but 25% failure rate seems a bit high.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a auto populate field option

Most data collection and it’s big it’s challenge is the variance of labeling or naming Dats entry.

I’ve got a customer and love the auto complete searching history of entries in this field and providing options as characters are typed into the field.

as improvements are made and added and users like myself would already have existing custom fields will there be an ability to add and remove fields as I believe you’re limited to 25 can you clarify if that’s correct and does that relate to simply deals or contacts customers and deals ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhance note taking

Enhance note taking
    When you looking at email the OCM box comes up on the right of the screen and adding notes to as a post, meeting log or call log the note goes to the top of the list. As I get more emails the note goes further down the list and are hard to find easily . A deal is not well suited for taking notes either. You can add a field for notes but I seems to be one line only. A scrollable box would be nice. I know you have a notes field but I have…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't export any OCM lists

I can't "Export" any lists: All I receive in the browser window is {"message":"Authorization has been denied for this request."}

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get rid of all the white space!

I have to assume that this was designed for some 'touch based' device because it sure has a lot of white space. Given that it called "Outlook Customer Manager" it would be nice if it had look and feel closer to Outlook Desktop software. It isn't just looks, there is so little data on the screen that it is almost unusable. In fact just about every time I try to use it, I shake my head in disbelief that it is so difficult to use. For example, there are only 9 contacts or 9 companies on display at any given…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring this to Office365 Home and/ or Outlook 2016 for individuals

I use Office 365 as I have no need or use for a Business version as I am a 1 man operation. For years I had used Business Contact Manager and like many others was upset it wasn't kept going for Office 365. I have been waiting for something like this to come out but then to only find out it was only for Office Business Premium. I have no need for all the extra stuff thus my reason for the version I choose. Please tell me there is something in the works for 1 person small businesses.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for Office 365 E3 and E5 tenants (as well as E1 and E2)

We have a team called government and public policy that would like to use this feature to track communication with certain important contacts. Please make this feature available for our Enterprise E3 tenant.

2,500 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

462 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add sub-tasks

Tasks linked to customer contacts are good, but the ability to have tasks AND subtasks would be great.

Our manufacturing company frequently works with customers on multiple projects that run in parallel. Each project has one to two dozen discreet tasks associated with it. Each task would represent a project overall. Linked sub-tasks would represent what needed to be accomplished on each project.

We don't need the complexity of MS Project but we need more than one level task lists (or the one level task list with check boxes in the Office 365 Planner).

I discussed this issue 20 years…

501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories