OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• or
  1. OCM is not saving ANYTHING!

I can't seem to get OCM to saving anything. It won't saving contact info. It won't save deals. Nothing. The app won't connect either. This started yesterday on 10/5/17. Please help.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it so you can restart OCM

OCM seems to be stuck on creating a couple deals or contacts. I see the spinning wheel and it has been that way for days. Now I can no longer add any content to OCM because of this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on it. A short term relief could be to clear your IE cache. Open IE, go to settings and clear the browsing history. This somewhat resets the app. For more questions, please reach out to support.

3. Send email or meeting request from Deal list

When a company is selected in the list, clicking Email or Meeting from the Communicate tab will open an Outlook item with the contacts pre-filled. The same experience does not occur when clicking the buttons with a Deal selected.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add iPhone X support - various functions don’t work

The start-up process is painfully slow and various functions don’t work. For example, there is no list of actions when you use the ‘+’ option under deals and the camera screen doesn’t activate when you use the ‘scan business card’ option under contacts.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix 'notes' not saving or syncing across all devices properly

For some reason I have saved a long list of notes for multiple contacts. I went back in to view the notes before making a phone call and all of the new content I added to notes was missing. This was all done on the same computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customer lists

Provide a Customer Lists feature, similar to the OWA People Contact Lists feature. Create a named Customer List that is available to everyone in the same team. Be able to assign a customer already in the Customer Manager to one or more Customer List. The customer should have the team access as the Customer List.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create Reporting Capabilities

It would be helpful to have some level of reporting to evaluate key business metrics like conversions, length of time in the pipeline, etc.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add troubelshooting ways

When it works, there is critical data. Contacts, Deals, but there is no clear indication of the Customer Manager's with Groups in the cloud, where the data is backed up or how to access CM data in the cloud. When it breaks there is not indication of the service being up, down, or how to retrieve the data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Some way to identify if a note exists

In each of the records you have the ability to add a "Note" Company, contact or Deal. The problem is that you are not able to see if a note exists without selecting it to see. Maybe similar to files show a (1) next to it to show that a note is available for that record.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. birthdays

When adding a birthday to a contact it doesn't seem to do anything, I would think a reminder added to the calendar would be default. If this is the case it doesn't work. It actually shows the birthday in my iPhone calendar but no where in the outlook iPhone app or outlook for desktop.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. duplicates

When loading business contacts (over 200) it has duplicated most of them. And to make matters worse you cannot delete more than one at a time. This has cost me hours and frustrated me to no end. I cant use this software because it is so bug filled I am scared that whatever I put into it may get lost or worse. Please fix ASAP.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sending Mass Emails

Is it possible, or will it be possible to send mass emails from OCM?

Ideally having a function to create an advanced filter like BCM would be great.

This is a MUST for our company and many others I expect.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Modify layout?

Is is possible to modify the layout (add new fields and pages) like in BCM (Business Contact Manager)?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Start over...

I wanted to try using Customer Manager, but couldn't get it to load... Even the MS Tech couldn't get it to work... after 30 minutes I gave up on them and the supposed add-in. MS needs to just add some functionality to the Outlook software, vs introducing another add-in. Bus Contact Manager didn't work well... Outlook Customer Manager doesn't work... MS is too focused on "corporate accts" with administrators and not the small businesses/individuals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Timeline filter

I want to be able to see all emails or posts only related to deal and hide history of changes entries (like changes of contacts names, etc.)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. hundred duplicates of business

I'm trying to use OCM, but in a week the businesses I added are still in "update" status (rotating icon) and one business has been duplicated over 200 times, after I deleted it one by one, in a few operation it has been duplicated again 145 times.

The others businesses are still locked in "update" status...

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Review integrity of TASK data

I've been working extensively with TASKS and trying to link them to contacts or deals and have had a lot of challenges with changes being populated between the TASK area of Outlook and the same TASK that is tagged to a record in OCM. Dates that are changed in one area do not consistently change in the other area. The same is true with changes in the subject line and even when completing... if done in OCM the TASK stays open in the TASKS area, and vice versa.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base