OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add the ability to paste information into a new contact.

Ability to paste data into Customer manager fields when adding a new customer.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could there be a global per tenant option to disable OCM?

It would be really nice if OCM could be disabled per tenant instead of having to powershell it away similar to the snippet below I just did:

# create temporary AccountSkuId to apply to all O365 BP users

$x = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId "domain:O365_BUSINESS_PREMIUM" -DisabledPlans "PROJECTWORKMANAGEMENT", "O365_SB_Relationship_Management"

# find all licensed users that have O365 BP and apply the new profile

Get-MsolUser -all | Where-Object {$_.isLicensed -eq "True" -and $_.Licenses.AccountSKUid -eq "domain:O365_BUSINESS_PREMIUM" } | Set-MsolUserLicense -LicenseOptions $x

# verify
    (Get-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName someone@somewhere).Licenses.ServiceStatus

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently have a bug. You can remove/ disable the OCM license from the admin center, which currently doesnt remove the add-ins from the users. We are working on fixing this. In the meantime you can work with support by disabling the license and then send us the list of users you disabled it for, so we can make sure the app is disabled. hope that helps.

3. More granular sharing of contacts (Kontakt teilen, soll/muss differenzierter möglich sein)

Translation:
    A group of 6 people is working for two separate companies, with different licenses.
    Contacts, companies and deals should be shared, but granularly not for each company.
    Currently deals from company A show up in company B. They would like to share per person.

Original
    Wir sind eine Gruppe von 6 Personen welche für zwei Firmen tätig sind. Beide Firmen sind im Office 365 mit separaten Lizenzen angemeldet. Nun möchten wir Deals, Kontakte oder Firmen teilen, jedoch nicht über alle Firmen!
    Wenn wir die Möglichkeit bekommen, mit Personen zu teilen, dann könnten wir die Funktion "Teilen" nutzen, aktuell wird…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Contacts and companies do not share.

In our organization, the contacts and companies do not share.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Is there a developer API?

Is there an API for developers? If not is it in the works?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Parse an email signature contact details

Automatically parse signature contact details like other contact apps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You cannot delete default columns. You can add new columns (see add new columns in each list). We will look into adding phone numbers to the default columns. Also you can move columns with drag and drop, so you can move Shared with to the end, if you want to.

9. Enhance note taking

Enhance note taking
    When you looking at email the OCM box comes up on the right of the screen and adding notes to as a post, meeting log or call log the note goes to the top of the list. As I get more emails the note goes further down the list and are hard to find easily . A deal is not well suited for taking notes either. You can add a field for notes but I seems to be one line only. A scrollable box would be nice. I know you have a notes field but I have…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Last Contact Attempted

"Last Contacted" seems to be when the contact in a Deal contacts me. That is great, but even more valuable would be "Last Contact Attempted" so I can see the Deal view who I need to follow up with.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make details screen appear accros whole screen instead of just down left hand side

When you click on a item in list view, the resulting details screen should go across entire screen or at least cover the list items

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stand-alone interface

Is it possible to access a stand-alone interface where I can see all my contacts at once? Currently I am only able to access Customer Manager by clicking on the icon when I have an email selected, but I cannot see my entire database of contacts.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reminders not working

Reminders are not popping up at the time requested. Not sure if they are supposed to but I would think that is what they are used for.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve search to include universal search

Improve search to include universal search using keywords through all fields

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Post Windows OS software compenant requirements for OCM to fulley function properly.

Please post somewhere in OCM a list of Windows software requirements that are needed for OCM to fully function properly.

I have 10 PC's with OCM on them. The Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC's run OCM without issues. However, two of the PC's with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit will not load the Deals tab in OCM. They appear to be loading eternally even after being left on for 24+ hours.

Example #1: If I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I uninstall certain software components that come with Windows like "Mail" or "Calendar", will this cause OCM to loose functionality?

Example…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Certain Contact's VALID e-mail addresses are converted by OCM to gibberish. :-(

When I enter certain valid e-mail addresses under Contacts and hit the SAVE button, OCM instantly converts the e-mail address into a very long string of gibberish.

One of my own personal @Yahoo.com e-mail addresses consistently does this and will not save with my correct e-mail address. :-(

Please fix and feel free to reach out to me if you need a screenshot or additional info.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add a "Website" into contact

In the contact card, there is phone number, email address, and physical address, but not a place for a website. I always review a new customer's site before sending out an email and often look again when checking in current customers to see whats new.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I can not add a new Сontact to the Company.

I can not add a new Сontact to the Company.
    Error:
    We are still working on creating this company.
    Please try again later.
    And so for several days already. Previously, everything worked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mailchimp integration

My company uses MailChimp for mailers & it would be useful to be able to have Customer Manager communicate with our MailChimp lists.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How can you link a company to a contact when importing a CSV if there are companies with the same name but different addresses.

How can OCM link contacts to Companies during import of CSV's when there are multiple companies with the same name, but different addresses? ie. J smith works with Contoso, based in London but there is also a Contoso, based in New York. Both companies are called Contosso, but I want to link J Smith (via CSV import) to the correct Company based in London. OCM should use more than the Company Name to automatically link contacts during import

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base