OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• or
  1. Allow files attached to emails the ability to be dragged to the files tab in a contact or deal or company

Whenever you wnat to save a file to a deal,contact or company, allow it to be dragged froom an email directly to the file tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export only allows 251 posts to be exported to Excel (Business and Contacts) . In the post Export Data Function your link is not working.

Export only allows 251 posts to be exported to Excel (Business and Contacts) . In the post Export Data Function your link is not working.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Certain Contact's VALID e-mail addresses are converted by OCM to gibberish. :-(

When I enter certain valid e-mail addresses under Contacts and hit the SAVE button, OCM instantly converts the e-mail address into a very long string of gibberish.

One of my own personal @Yahoo.com e-mail addresses consistently does this and will not save with my correct e-mail address. :-(

Please fix and feel free to reach out to me if you need a screenshot or additional info.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can you link a company to a contact when importing a CSV if there are companies with the same name but different addresses.

How can OCM link contacts to Companies during import of CSV's when there are multiple companies with the same name, but different addresses? ie. J smith works with Contoso, based in London but there is also a Contoso, based in New York. Both companies are called Contosso, but I want to link J Smith (via CSV import) to the correct Company based in London. OCM should use more than the Company Name to automatically link contacts during import

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Develop Printable VIEWS that allow Paper files of "COMPANY" and "CONTACT" details section and the "notes" section from current interfaces!

Develop a 1 page PRINTABLE view including all "Details" data and all "Notes" so that a paper file can be created for individual records - "CUSTOMER" or "CONTACT"! IE: A "snapshot page" similar to what could be printed from individual files in BCM!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Import data from Outlook Business Contact Manager

We have been using Outlook Business Contact Manager. This clearly looks to the replacement for BCM but will our BCM data be migrated?

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tasks editable only by user who enters them

Although it is possible to enter tasks within OCM which are also viewable by other authorised users (if the Contact/Company/Deal is shared). The other users cannot edit the task, mark it as complete or see the end date. In addition if the task user marks it as complete other users still see the task as open. Ideally other users should be able to amend tasks, but at the very least should see completed tasks as completed.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Categories of clients: can I categorize contacts as "Schools with Foreign Students" and another as "Schools with Football" etc.?

I would like to have contacts identified as a category. "Schools of 1-250 students", "Schools of 251-500" or any other such category. I can do that as categories in Outlook. How does this fit with OCM. I would like to pull them up and email to one category and then another email to the other category.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently the only way is, when you go to the contacts list you can create a new field. You can choose a choice field. In it you can add the categories you like.
    Hope that helps.

10. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You cannot delete default columns. You can add new columns (see add new columns in each list). We will look into adding phone numbers to the default columns. Also you can move columns with drag and drop, so you can move Shared with to the end, if you want to.

11. Create a link back from a created task to the associated contact

I can create a task in Customer Manager, with a due date, and the task appears with no problem in the task list. If I view the customer or the task list in the Customer Manager, I can see the associated task. However, when I open the task from the Outlook's Tasks, in the navigation panel, there is no way find out which contact it is linked to.

I currently use the "Daily Task List" in the Calendar view. Currently, tasks created from the customer manager appear here, but it is impossible to find out who they are associated with…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dynamics 365

Will D365 users be able to share deals and lead information?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share/save selected emails to a certain deal

We often have several deals with the same customer, and we really miss the possibility to save/flag relevant emails to link them to a certain deal. One workaround is to upload each mail to the deal using files, but that is hardly an ideal solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to add an email to specific emails. To do this, open the email in Outlook, click on Outlook Customer Manager. In the top right corner is a button “all related” click on it. it opens a page that shows all the related information. Next to the deal is a plus. Click it and you can select a deal you can attach this email to. Hope that helps.

14. Create Profiles, Create Groups of coworkers who can interact with de data en OCM

Allow permission and to create certain profiles for the users. Allow to share o delegate task to another co-worker.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. mail

is it possible to see email sent to a contact into contact manager?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Grid Control thas shows the matrix of Contacts, Companies and Deals needs to be editable.

A Grid Control should be editable like an Excel spreadsheet. Having to select a record, select 'edit mode' then navigate/scroll down the specific field, is not productive. Takes us right back to the 1960's and working on IBM mainframes.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Owner

Once a Deal is created, I would like the ability to change/assign ownership (like tasks)

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort by last item in timeline

Is there a way to sort contacts by last contact / timeline item? seems like this is important functionality currently missing.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add relationships link

Each contact should be able to be assigned to a specific company and describe what the relationship is (such as auditor, vendors, payroll contact, etc)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base