OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. customize column views (contacts)

Need to be able to have a better overview of my contacts. Best was is to at least allow me to select different views, such as selecting which columns are shown in which order. For example being able to quickly sort which contacts are shared or not.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save shared contacts

Allow to save contacts created and shared by others in my contact list.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Office integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a filter option for timeline to separate event notes, phone calls, and emails.

When you log an event note on the timeline, it is difficult to find when you want to review over time. The manager logs all emails, etc to the timeline and if you do not know the specific date you met with a customer, you have to scroll through the entire timeline just to look back on your notes. I am hoping you can develop a filter function under companies to differentiate events, calls, and emails.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep getting the error: "Sorry, we encountered an error and could not save. Please try again." Happens whenever creating a contact/ company

Keep getting the error: "Sorry, we encountered an error and could not save. Please try again." Happens whenever creating a contact/ company

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create Reporting Capabilities

It would be helpful to have some level of reporting to evaluate key business metrics like conversions, length of time in the pipeline, etc.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add space for notes in task

Add the ability to include notes as you progress through a task.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sending Mass Emails

Is it possible, or will it be possible to send mass emails from OCM?

Ideally having a function to create an advanced filter like BCM would be great.

This is a MUST for our company and many others I expect.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OCM is not saving ANYTHING!

I can't seem to get OCM to saving anything. It won't saving contact info. It won't save deals. Nothing. The app won't connect either. This started yesterday on 10/5/17. Please help.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Contact categories or groups for mailing lists etc

I need an efficient way to tag, sort and group customers into e.g. Mailing lists. Multiple tags must be possible

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shared contacts directly from Outlook

Please make sure contacts can be shared with everyone using Customer Manager from Outlook as well as via API-access for other systems. Global Address Books doesn't work well for SMBs.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. LinkedIn integration

Still waiting to get access to Customer Manager on First Release, but already have an idea. Just had a new business lead come in via LinkedIn message so being able to track that would be essential.

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share Select Emails, Because Obviously Want Some Emails to be Private

Please add a feature to select which emails are shared, because there will obviously be some emails that one might like to keep private from the rest of the team.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. admin

OCM urgently needs to have an Admin user/s option. Admins should be able to lock users from adding columns, editing drop down lists etc. Right now all users have full control of the product. Columns created in error cannot be deleted only hidden. So a uninformed user could render the product useless just by playing around the columns. This needs to be addressed urgently along with all the other essentials that this product should not have been released without.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix bugs: mutlitple contacts per company, multiple contacts per deal, share shared

This application is very glitchy, which is disappointing. Primary glitches I'm running into:

1) I am only able to add company to one contact. Thereafter, that company is not available to future contacts. 1-1 relationship? Same goes for deals. Once add, it's gone.

2) Shared contacts cannot be seen. Where do they go and why can't my co-workers see them?

I view these as core to OCM so I'm surprised to be running into these issues right out of the gate.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scrolling list of companies is slow

I have about 300 companies in my list and scrolling through the list of companies in the Outlook client is painfully slow. This needs to be improved.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outlook Customer Manager: When i have more active deals in the same time period for a customer, how can I separate the email communication f

When i have more active deals in the same time period for a customer, it should ben possible to separate the email communication for this customer in the different deals.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customized Reports

At the moment the only way to create Reports utilising the Data you add to OCM is by downloading into Excel using the Export Button which produces a standard format Spreadsheet. Particularly from a Deal Management perspective it would make sense to be able to produce bespoke reports based on the data you wanted to see (as was available previously in BCM).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import data from Outlook Business Contact Manager

We have been using Outlook Business Contact Manager. This clearly looks to the replacement for BCM but will our BCM data be migrated?

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export only allows 251 posts to be exported to Excel (Business and Contacts) . In the post Export Data Function your link is not working.

Export only allows 251 posts to be exported to Excel (Business and Contacts) . In the post Export Data Function your link is not working.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base