OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• or
  1. Allow contacts and companies to be grouped into campaigns

I really need the ability to put contact / companies into groups to create a simple campaign. Then I need to be able to mark them off as completed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One contact with multiple deals isolate emails

I have a contact that I work with on multiple deals, I would like to isolate each email based on its appropriate deal. I would also like to ensure that emails that are not related to any specific deal are not shown on any deal.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flag for Email to see if they are in the Contact manager

It would be great, to see in the Outlook mail inbox. if the contact is already flagged in the customer manager

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Created company many times after adding company to contact

I tried to add an existing company to a contact. Loading circle, noting happened. Company was created 20 times, i found out. Deleting the company or restarting Customer Manager did not fix the problem.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync O365 contacts and groups

Why are we managing contact databases from the standard O365 for business people app, bookings, and now this. The entire premise of the app was the small business owner and how difficult it is for us to stay on top of our customer needs. This product currently makes the job harder. We need seamless workflows

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be helpful for all emails from multiple email accounts associated with a contact be gathered under the contact history

Outlook manages my business email and the email associated with another company (account). It would be helpful for all emails related to an contact be tracked. Currently on the business email associated with my Office 365 account is tracked.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I can only see 14 Business Contacts and I have about 200 - also lost ability to sort

I can only see 14 Business Contacts and I have about 200 - also lost ability to sort - Need Help to recover former functionality

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In regards to only seeing 14 contacts – we are working on a fix, it should be available by Monday September 18th.

Search on name should also be available by then.

8. Business Address saved when created through the contact card

The address is saved to the contact but not the actual entry for the business.
    Perhaps when you chose to list a new business a card pops up to fill out the details before returning to the customer card?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I keep getting the following error message: CacheInitTooSlow. My theory is that somehow when I installed OCM I imported over 1,800 contacts

I think I imported over 1,800 contacts when I installed OCM. I now intermittently get the following error message: CacheInitTooSlow. From a customer management perspective I'm tracking less than 100 clients. My theory is that if I could delete the roughly 1,700 contacts that I don't need to track my performance would dramatically increase. However, how do I clean up my contacts in OCM? Where is the data stored? What is the relationship between my Contacts in Outlook and the Contacts/Clients in OCM? Users really need better documentation on this product. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

CacheInittooslow is an issue, where we cannot create a Browser Cache on your machine fast enough. This can have different issues.
    A couple things to check – can you clear your internet explorer cache? (Open IE, go to Settings, Internet Options, Caches and databases and remove as many as you like but most importantly outlookapps.com)
    Another one is – do you have enough disk space on your machine, it is depending on that as well. If not, clean up some room on your harddrive.
    depending on how you imported, the contacts are either shared or private. If they are private they should show up in your My contacts list, where you can just delete the ones you don’t need anymore. If they are shared, they are in a group (and a hidden folder on your mailbox). You can call support to have them removed or remove them using special tools.

10. New Columns

In CRM when we create a new column can we move it to a new location?

Once you create a column and added fill ins make those part of the drop down.

Make it able to modify while in the contacts view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why doesn't OCM allow me to click the tab, from contact file?

When I want to make an entry, I want to start from the contact file. but then OCM icon is not available. It makes no sense to find the contact, then have to highlight the email address, or make as if I want to email,. and then from the email page click the OCM icon, in order to open the OCM.
    Please sort this as a matter of urgency.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Office integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Changes to contacts and companies should save automatically

When you are making changes to contacts, companies, deal, etc the values should save automatically. As a user, we are getting to where we expect the values to be saved whenever we type something. Too often in OCM does creation or saving fail and if things saved automatically that would add to our piece of mind.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Labeling and Filter Ability to Timeline items

Dont abandon it! I am making a significant investment in using it -
    This is one of the most compelling and sickiness features of o365 - don't abandon it or look to hold us ******* later with an upcharge - and I say that as a life long MSFT user (Windows 286 anyone?) and fan and partner.
    Please add contact integration with your Outlook phone client for android - currently to see the contact there you need to "add " the contact to the regular outlook address book on the pc, regardless of what you do in OCM.
    also, allow…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link Multiple Contacts to Same Recurring Calendar Event Without Invite

Please provide the ability to link multiple contacts to same recurring calendar event without having to send an invite to each contact. Also, please add the ability to do this from within the Outlook Calendar window without having to go into OCM to create the link.

In general, linkage should be allowed to be made from within Outlook and not just within OCM.

Thanks! This program rocks.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. show automticly files in "deals" that can be found in emails from contacts that are linked to that deal

show automticly files in "deals" that can be found in emails from contacts that are linked to that deal

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can a drag drop feature be added to allow for ease of flow of Data Files into Contacts/companies

Can a drag drop feature be added to allow for ease of flow of Data Files into Contacts/companies

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It is not possible to ad or change a post (Contacts and Business) ---waiting ...

It is not possible to ad or change a post (Contacts and Business) --- error message : we are still working with creating the post . When I close it is not saved. We cannot use this aplication for business :-(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enter a contact's date of birth by typing it mm/dd/year format rather than selecting it on the calendar with a mouse.

Rather than only having the option of choosing a contact's date of birth using your mouse and changing the month, days, and year on the calendar, please allow typing the date of birth in the month, day, year format.

I find typing the date of birth MUCH faster, especially when I'm entering many contacts into OCM at a time.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keep getting the error: "Sorry, we encountered an error and could not save. Please try again." Happens whenever creating a contact/ company

Keep getting the error: "Sorry, we encountered an error and could not save. Please try again." Happens whenever creating a contact/ company

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow files attached to emails the ability to be dragged to the files tab in a contact or deal or company

Whenever you wnat to save a file to a deal,contact or company, allow it to be dragged froom an email directly to the file tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base