OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there a developer API?

Is there an API for developers? If not is it in the works?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You cannot delete default columns. You can add new columns (see add new columns in each list). We will look into adding phone numbers to the default columns. Also you can move columns with drag and drop, so you can move Shared with to the end, if you want to.

4. Enhance note taking

Enhance note taking
    When you looking at email the OCM box comes up on the right of the screen and adding notes to as a post, meeting log or call log the note goes to the top of the list. As I get more emails the note goes further down the list and are hard to find easily . A deal is not well suited for taking notes either. You can add a field for notes but I seems to be one line only. A scrollable box would be nice. I know you have a notes field but I have…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Parse an email signature contact details

Automatically parse signature contact details like other contact apps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Last Contact Attempted

"Last Contacted" seems to be when the contact in a Deal contacts me. That is great, but even more valuable would be "Last Contact Attempted" so I can see the Deal view who I need to follow up with.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link Multiple Contacts to Same Recurring Calendar Event Without Invite

Please provide the ability to link multiple contacts to same recurring calendar event without having to send an invite to each contact. Also, please add the ability to do this from within the Outlook Calendar window without having to go into OCM to create the link.

In general, linkage should be allowed to be made from within Outlook and not just within OCM.

Thanks! This program rocks.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stand-alone interface

Is it possible to access a stand-alone interface where I can see all my contacts at once? Currently I am only able to access Customer Manager by clicking on the icon when I have an email selected, but I cannot see my entire database of contacts.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Holiday Card List

Please allow a way to create a list of contacts that need to be sent a holiday card. This could be a SharePoint list that pulls in contact information from OCM. I'm sure there are other uses for a contact list of this sort, and is available on other CRM systems (i.e. tagging, etc.).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export Task List

Add ability to export task list based on specific column (i.e. export active tasks for "Org Type"=Client)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reminders not working

Reminders are not popping up at the time requested. Not sure if they are supposed to but I would think that is what they are used for.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need database maintenance utlities

When trying to delete a Contact Record, an error dialog box pops up with: Details Not Avail. . . contact your admin for help. Well, I am the Admin, but there seems to be no tools for database management.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Issue creating deals under deal stages using names of previously deleted deal stage.

Errors out when trying to add a deal to the recreated stage using previously deleted stage name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an Import Funtion for Journal Items

I'm working to get a client to upgrade to Office 2016 and to subscribe to Office 365. They've been using the Journal feature of previous versions of Outlook to track client activities and have created a number of custom columns to suit their business. It would be a deal clincher to be able to import that data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Post Windows OS software compenant requirements for OCM to fulley function properly.

Please post somewhere in OCM a list of Windows software requirements that are needed for OCM to fully function properly.

I have 10 PC's with OCM on them. The Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC's run OCM without issues. However, two of the PC's with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit will not load the Deals tab in OCM. They appear to be loading eternally even after being left on for 24+ hours.

Example #1: If I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I uninstall certain software components that come with Windows like "Mail" or "Calendar", will this cause OCM to loose functionality?

Example…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Certain Contact's VALID e-mail addresses are converted by OCM to gibberish. :-(

When I enter certain valid e-mail addresses under Contacts and hit the SAVE button, OCM instantly converts the e-mail address into a very long string of gibberish.

One of my own personal @Yahoo.com e-mail addresses consistently does this and will not save with my correct e-mail address. :-(

Please fix and feel free to reach out to me if you need a screenshot or additional info.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I can not add a new Сontact to the Company.

I can not add a new Сontact to the Company.
    Error:
    We are still working on creating this company.
    Please try again later.
    And so for several days already. Previously, everything worked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mailchimp integration

My company uses MailChimp for mailers & it would be useful to be able to have Customer Manager communicate with our MailChimp lists.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How can you link a company to a contact when importing a CSV if there are companies with the same name but different addresses.

How can OCM link contacts to Companies during import of CSV's when there are multiple companies with the same name, but different addresses? ie. J smith works with Contoso, based in London but there is also a Contoso, based in New York. Both companies are called Contosso, but I want to link J Smith (via CSV import) to the correct Company based in London. OCM should use more than the Company Name to automatically link contacts during import

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search with others fields

Currently it is not possible to search or filter with custom fields…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 10 12 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base