OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contact categories or groups for mailing lists etc

I need an efficient way to tag, sort and group customers into e.g. Mailing lists. Multiple tags must be possible

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix bugs: mutlitple contacts per company, multiple contacts per deal, share shared

This application is very glitchy, which is disappointing. Primary glitches I'm running into:

1) I am only able to add company to one contact. Thereafter, that company is not available to future contacts. 1-1 relationship? Same goes for deals. Once add, it's gone.

2) Shared contacts cannot be seen. Where do they go and why can't my co-workers see them?

I view these as core to OCM so I'm surprised to be running into these issues right out of the gate.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share Select Emails, Because Obviously Want Some Emails to be Private

Please add a feature to select which emails are shared, because there will obviously be some emails that one might like to keep private from the rest of the team.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook Customer Manager: When i have more active deals in the same time period for a customer, how can I separate the email communication f

When i have more active deals in the same time period for a customer, it should ben possible to separate the email communication for this customer in the different deals.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import data from Outlook Business Contact Manager

We have been using Outlook Business Contact Manager. This clearly looks to the replacement for BCM but will our BCM data be migrated?

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export only allows 251 posts to be exported to Excel (Business and Contacts) . In the post Export Data Function your link is not working.

Export only allows 251 posts to be exported to Excel (Business and Contacts) . In the post Export Data Function your link is not working.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Task visible in the Agenda view, like in Outlook2016

These days we work with many tasks, and due dates. Why these are not visible in your agenda is not clear to me.

Many mails I receive are actually small questions/tasks why not have the ability to place these in the agenda so you can schedule these.

Outlook2016 offers both (with a small workaround) so why not in Office365

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it possible to use Outlook Customer Manager with premised-based (on company site) exchange servers

We have a premise-based (not hosted) exchange server like many companies. We connect our Office 365 subscription to this server. This excludes us from using OCM with our Outlook.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customized Reports

At the moment the only way to create Reports utilising the Data you add to OCM is by downloading into Excel using the Export Button which produces a standard format Spreadsheet. Particularly from a Deal Management perspective it would make sense to be able to produce bespoke reports based on the data you wanted to see (as was available previously in BCM).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make signature file appear in emails sent from Customer Manager

Make the signature file automatically appended to emails created by Customer Manager.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Tasks created outside Customer Manager to be added to the Task List.

Anyone who has been using Outlook for some time, has task they created or, will create that they may want to appear in the Customer Manager Task List including, tasks created from e-mails.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can only see 14 Business Contacts and I have about 200 - also lost ability to sort

I can only see 14 Business Contacts and I have about 200 - also lost ability to sort - Need Help to recover former functionality

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OCM is not saving ANYTHING!

I can't seem to get OCM to saving anything. It won't saving contact info. It won't save deals. Nothing. The app won't connect either. This started yesterday on 10/5/17. Please help.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. disable outlook customer maanger

Provide option t administratively disable Outlook Customer Manager for Office 365 Business Prem subscription

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on a fix for this. As a workaround: remove the license in the admin center and then delete the app in the user’s Addin’s view. If you want to disable it for a few users, please remove the licenses and contact support. you can reenable, by adding the license again and then the app will be installed within the next 24 hours.

16. Change Owner

Once a Deal is created, I would like the ability to change/assign ownership (like tasks)

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. admin

OCM urgently needs to have an Admin user/s option. Admins should be able to lock users from adding columns, editing drop down lists etc. Right now all users have full control of the product. Columns created in error cannot be deleted only hidden. So a uninformed user could render the product useless just by playing around the columns. This needs to be addressed urgently along with all the other essentials that this product should not have been released without.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show/edit other fields that are in Outlook

Other fields such as a contact's Title, Department, Fax #, etc. are not viewable or editable in Outlook Customer Manager (OCM). If I go into the "People" area of Outlook I can find the contact and edit the other fields, but if I switch back to OCM I still cannot view or edit those fields.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mobile apps for Windows Phone

You state the mobile app is available on ios only. Maybe you could see if you could create an app for Windows phones! Some people (I know only a few) use Windows phones and it may come in handy for people who actually commit to the windows platform.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. show automticly files in "deals" that can be found in emails from contacts that are linked to that deal

show automticly files in "deals" that can be found in emails from contacts that are linked to that deal

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Feedback and Knowledge Base