OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add information from the detail pane

Went writing an email make is so that you can go to the details pane and add the clients company information. Just like most CRM programs. When we add the company information it will not allow us to save any info. This should be a rudimentary function of the OCM system

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import from a SQL Server table

It would be great if we could import directy from a SQL Server table (customers, for example), or at least if we could import from an Excel Sheet where we can query the SQL table.
    Now we have to import from a CSV file, and it is a nightmare if you are from a country where the separator is semicolon instead of comma.
    I am not able to import.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Changing the fase of a deal is not possible

When I open detail of a deal it is not possible to change the fase of the deal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sincronizar adquadamente os contatos e suas informações. hoje precisa reeditar quase tudo

sincronizar os contatos informações, reconhecer os dados do cartão existente. hoje é necessário editar quase tudo e mesmo assim existem erros

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Office integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. quando o contrato é recorrente assim como os valor diaria ou mensal

seria produtivo e inteligente uma função de fechamento recorrente permitindo o calculo do tipo DIARIO E MENSAL.
    Simples e produtivo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Some way to identify if a note exists

In each of the records you have the ability to add a "Note" Company, contact or Deal. The problem is that you are not able to see if a note exists without selecting it to see. Maybe similar to files show a (1) next to it to show that a note is available for that record.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Large contact lists get stuck and prevent searching more than once

When on the OCM view under add-ins in Outlook 2016, searching for a name in the contact list will show it. However, attempting to search for another name shows nothing and causes the entire OCM panel to hang (all views, contacts, today, deals, etc). You need to then click on a different section of Outlook (Mail, People, calendar, etc), and then click BACK to the OCM add-in page to be able to search again.

This may be due to having a large contact list, but it is unclear.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filter on date contact was added

We need to filter on when the contact was added so we can export them and add them to our mailchimp email lists.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deleted deals are still i Focus

I tried to delete a deal, but the OCM stopped, then next time I tried to delete it is gone from the liste but still i Focus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There appears to be a slow-down or hang with large contact lists

The account using the OCM has a contact list with 5275 contacts. When going to the OCM add-in panel in Outlook 2016, it loads a small portion of those contact into view, and at the bottom of that list continues to show a "Loading" spinner.

You can search by name and find a contact using the search function, but if you try to search again the entire add-in hangs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I have outlook 2016 and data files. The .pst file saved on c drive does not have OCM icon while other linked to 365 has. Need icon on both

I have outlook 2016 and two data files. The .pst file saved on c drive does not have OCM icon while other also saved on c drive but linked to 365 has. Need icon on both. How can I get OCM icon on Outlook data file that is not linked to 365 exchange but exists as a standalone e-mail data file in Outlook 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow files attached to contacts to be attached to the contact's company file at the same time.

allow files attached to contacts to be attached to the contact's company file at the same time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding a new contact to a company should save it to the company without having to click save

When you add a new contact to a company the interface is very clunky. You add the contact, and then you want to start editing it but if you don't click save, you will get a modal saying you are going to loose your changes. Automatically save the contact to the company and then take me to the *editable* details of the contact.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trying to run OCM in a RDP environment. Willing to license any way to allow this but license that supports RDP will not allow OCM.

Trying to run OCM in a RDP environment. Willing to license any way necessary to allow this but the license that supports OCM does not support RDP installs and the one that supports RDP installs will not allow OCM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Character issues

When I insert a link to an offer the application changes the "/" in "^" making the link impossible
    I used a french keyboard and the app in french

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable reading pane requirement to use OCM

To use OCM in the inbox view the reading pane must be on. I do not like the reading pane and consider it to be a security risk, thus I am not using OCM. I see no reason for this requirement, please remove the requirement that the reading pane must be enabled to use OCM

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base