OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Post Windows OS software compenant requirements for OCM to fulley function properly.

Please post somewhere in OCM a list of Windows software requirements that are needed for OCM to fully function properly.

I have 10 PC's with OCM on them. The Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit PC's run OCM without issues. However, two of the PC's with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit will not load the Deals tab in OCM. They appear to be loading eternally even after being left on for 24+ hours.

Example #1: If I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I uninstall certain software components that come with Windows like "Mail" or "Calendar", will this cause OCM to loose functionality?

Example #2: If I disable certain Windows 10 privacy features, will it cause OCM to loose functionality?

Is Internet Explorer required for OCM to function?

Basically what I'm asking is aside from Office 365, are there other specific pieces of Windows that must remain installed or settings that must remain active/on, in order for OCM to work properly? If so, please post this info somewhere to make troubleshooting easier.

If certain specific host file IP addresses are blocked will it cause OCM to have issues? If so, please also include the host file IP addresses that must not be blocked.

I'm a big fan of Office 365, OCM, and Windows, but I also don't like having any unnecessary Windows software components installed and I'm more restrictive with my privacy. Windows 10 has a lot of privacy customization that can be done and I wonder if there's a certain privacy setting that I need to re-enable to get OCM fully functional on my Windows 10 PCs.

OCM phone tech support seemed VERY unfamiliar with OCM and was unable to correct the un-ending loading that happens when I click the Deals tab in OCM, even when they remote connected to my PC.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI: RESETTING (and choosing to remove everything) in Windows 10 Pro fixes the eternal loading issue. Or the issue when Contacts, Companies, and Deals do not load on a particular PC.

Please create or add this solution to an FAQ section of for common issues people experience and how to fix them. It's literally taken me over a month of experimentation to find this solution myself. Microsoft support remote connected to my PC and was unable to figure it out. This solution might save others A LOT of time and frustration.

Doing a system Refresh and reinstalling Office 365 does not fix the eternal loading problem on the Windows 10 Pro PCs.

I just installed Windows 10 Pro on a new laptop and installed Office 365 BEFORE making any system settings changes and before removing any of the bloat-ware that comes with Windows and OCM works on it.

Please make it clear which programs or settings are needed for OCM to function.

Clear, non-hardware, system requirements would be super helpful!

Can I uninstall Internet Explorer and/or Edge and still use OCM without issues?

Many users prefer a custom Windows experience as well as a custom web browsing experience. If OCM is tied to either of these, please make it clear to prevent OCM technical issues.

Feedback and Knowledge Base