OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Sharing of timeline information

When a contact is shared have thier timeline call log, notes etc appear for everyone to see. If my assistant takes a phone call and makes a note I would like to see that in the timeline when I review that contact. Thanks.

152 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cory shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeffrey Pogue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What? I did not realize this was not a part of it's functionality. Wow. Okay, time to move on. That is the Whole reason I wanted Customer Manager. So my whole team could see notes on calls. Wow.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second thing I voted for already that I feel could be solved with making OCM available for "Shared Mailboxes". This is an obvious feature that makes OCM not be a CRM. This is not a feature, but a mandatory thing a CRM should be capable of.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we NEED the sharing option in order to successfully work with our clients. Please add ASAP.

• Kiera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client use to have BCM and was told in order to use W10 they needed OCM. The fact that they are not able to share contacts at all in the firm (Only 5 people) is very disappointing and does not make my company look good for selling them this product. I have been working with Microsoft for almost a month now and i was just sent this link from Microsoft telling me to read it and vote to get them to resolve this issue. Seeing everyone comments about how this sharing issue absolutely does not work is outrageous. I hope that Microsoft is able to fix this issue soon or at least try to mirror BCM to OCM. Would have never sold this to my client had i known the sharing option wasn't an option.

I should have read this before we switch to O365.
    The only reason we decided to stick with O365 is because of OCM and its contact sharing capability. It purely sucks. Please fix this asap.

I do not understand why there is even a "Share" option in OCM when it clearly does not work. It has not worked in over a year. You would think that this most basic of components would have been available from day one. I've read endless blogs with IT techs BEGGING to get this component fixed/working. The fact that MS has documented the feature without having it ACTUALLY work is not only misleading, it borders on criminal. You advertised a feature that would have IT personnel choose an O365 plan that does not deliver. Someone should look at litigation as an option.

• Yacova Mimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased the Business subscription so that my firm could utilize the OCM feature. After numerous hours of troubleshooting with the O365 support team, it's been determined that there is no available fix to the sync issues between users. This was the main reason I chose O365!

VERY DISPLEASED!!

I hope this is addressed ASAP.

As must as I wanted to use this in our office, the inability to see the timeline to update other users of client conversations/updates prevented us from using this. It would of been great since we could have used Microsoft Connections as well all to have this in one ecosystem. If this ability to provided, we will then switch from Agile CRM who currently provides this ability, 5000 free email (like Microsoft Connections), and is free for up to 5000 contacts.

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is useless without being able to see everyones timeline and emails. I can search my own mailbox to find a timeline if thats all this can do.

• Doug McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A central repository of all Timeline activities associated with a company is required and must be viewable by everyone. This would include activities related to contacts and deals.

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that Outlook Customer Manager (as of 5/29/18) does not share the timeline call log, notes etc. for everyone to see. Cannot edit, add and update emails.
    • We need this.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I spent hours trying to figure out how to share the timeline and the thought never even occured to me that a CRM in 2018 wouldn't have this feature. What is really annoying is the amount of posts about this and nobody from Microsoft has responded... WE NEED THIS FEATURE ADDING ASAP!

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need to do more than share, need to be able edit, add and up to date emails.

• Ryan Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing the timeline is such a basic necessity for teams I can't believe it is not already set up that way by Microsoft....
    This will be a big push back issue for staff on our team... not sure if we will convert over to it unless this is somehow able to be enabled....

• StefC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessary component of any CRM. I need to be able to see all communication between my teammates and each client.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base