OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Automatically share the full time line of shared contacts.

My colleagues need to see the last time someone was in contact with our contacts and see the content of the communication. The sharing of time line information (mail, calls, notes etc) is essential for this product.

185 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bram Heerebout shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alan easter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A shared timeline is an essential, must have feature of any CRM, even simple cut down CRMs such as CM. The whole point in sharing a contact is so that a coleage can see my interactions with that Contact.

The Contact Manager share feature is useless without sharing ALL contact information including the Timeline.

• Doug McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using OCM for 3 months. I get more frustrated every day with the lack of feedback from Microsoft on this. Is there any other forum that provides more up to date information?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's stressing me out how nobody from Microsoft will answer us. A shared timeline is so vital and without it, I can't continue to use OCM. I have so much time invested in OCM, my boss has gone mad at me because the one feature he asked for, it doesn't have. Made me look stupid to be honest... There needs to be some sort of page that shows updates/future developments that you are working on, the communication for OCM has been terrible...

• James W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? This is a vital functionality of OCM for many people. Need this update to happen ASAP or we will need to move to a different solution..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, my OCM forum post ( https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Customer-Manager/Workaround-for-fact-Contact-sharing-is-broken/m-p/182779/highlight/false#M2230 )
    suggested I try here to get something happening towards making OCM functional. However this "feture request" gives me a sinking feeling that it will never happen.

In any case this MS post ( https://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx#abl ) leads me to despair that Outlook/O365 could support a business sized contact list anyway. Maybe it's time to go back to GApps - at least they support 25+k contacts without a worry.

Grumble.

• Anthony C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support Tom's comment (Feb 10, 2018). Adding an email so it is automatically shared with a whole company is very problematic, especially for client confidentiality.

This MUST be taken into consideration.

Agree, users should set a default - share or private. And then they can manually opt-in to share or make private (whatever the alternative to their default is) for each individual email.

Thanks
    Anthony

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think need to be very careful with sharing everything. I have confidential information which I do not wish to share with the whole team. If it can be shared, then need to make it so can choose to share (or not). A default option may exist to share, or not share which can be over ridden on each case

• Peter McClintock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature to implement. It is so fundamental, it is hard to believe that has not been implemented.

The promotional videos from Microsoft imply that the team is kept updated with customer communication. Very misleading in my opinion.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to beat a dead horse, but I do want to share our frustration so hopefully this continues to get resolved. For shared contacts, we need to be able to see ALL communication that is made with that contact, regardless of who made that contact. So if Sales Person A, sends an email to Prospect 1, Sales Person B should be able to see and read that email in the timeline even though Sales Person B was not included in the original email.

I agree this is the essence of a CRM system is to be able to share info such as previous communication personal notes deals and any kind of interaction with other in order to save tjmd

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This being missing essentially renders OCM useless for us. If this was in there we'd be migrating to it right now...

• mat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some work arounds for this which may help.
    In timeline your collegues can see an email if they are CC'd into the email.

The work around is to CC your entire team in on all customer communication. It's messy

It's laughable that this isn't implemented. Why even share a contact like this when you can't share the timeline.

So another month has passed on what sounds like missing core functionality for anyone in a company of more than 1 - a real show stopper to buying OCM. Timeline on this being implemented? (We're considering options for a migration now, and NEED this functionality)

I thought the OCM was an improved substitute for BCM. I would like to know in an official way if the OCM is planning to show all the communication of the shared contact, or only the user's communication but not the communications of the other users who share the contact.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base