OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Duplicate contacts

We are getting duplicates of all contacts in OCM.

The extra contact seems to lack information regarding company or deals, but it is a hassle and creates confusion for the users.

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oscar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alasdair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am seeing the same thing. If I create a new contact by adding it in to the contacts list, all previous emails to that contact are shown. However, when I then send a later email, a new contact is created, containing only some of the contact details.

• Brandon Berger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Help....
    I did not get any response related to imports and having duplicates.

I am following these guide lines:

7.Choose Next and select how you want to handle duplicate entries.

We identify an entry as being a duplicate based on the following:

Business contacts are identified as duplicate if they contain the same email.

Companies are identified as duplicate if they contain the same name.

Deals are identified as duplicate if they contain the same name.

I now have 6 deals with the exact same name. Even when I make no changes, and selected update duplicates with imported data; it still created a new deal

Same for Contacts. I have not tried company yet

• Brandon Berger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are or is the KEY or ID; fields for Contacts, Companies, Deal - wherein the system (OCM) searches and looks to find "Duplicate" fields?

Contacts:
    (I was lead to believe that it is the email address;
    However, what if their is not email address)
    Solution:
    I would suggest that you have it look at 4 fields: 1st Email address, 2nd Last Name, 3rd First Name, and 4 Job Title.
    - Using the Job Title; enables the system for provide a search for dups when no email, and no company, nor a last Name would be present. Example: Steve (First Name) and Sales Rep at Brauns (Job Title) provided for this option. Again, Email is great, followed with First and Last, but there are many Steve Jones's. But Less Steve Jones, Sales Rep at Brauns. (A great 5th: would be mobile phone / which is often singular like an email address)

Deals: It is my understanding that the Dup search looks to the "Deal Name" field - which is perfect. However, for some reason it is still creating dups.
    Test: Deal 1, Deal 2, Deal 3, Deal 4.
    I exported and imports Deal with only a deal name.
    ---- on the import back 1.... I now had 2 of each deal 1, 2, 3, 4
    ------ on import two, it again gave me a set of deal 1, 2, 3, 4... Thus duping again.
    ??? Are deals looking for another field for dups, such as Contacts, and Company? If so, this could become a hardship as deal grow and change, as people more and companies change names. Inc, LLC, with an "4"

Solution for Deals, should key on the create date, and the Deal's Name.

Users and export due their needed updates and changes, but must leave the Deal Name alone. This also requires being allow to import and export this "Create Date" deal field. It should be auto generated as the deal is created, but should also be free or open to be updated.

Companies: to date I don't know what the Dup rule is: The Name is the Name. I think that is how it should be. Company 1 LLC is different than Company"," 1 "," LLC or what ever it is.

Please confirm what the Rule Area, and please give my above suggestion some consideration.

OCM - appears to be a beautiful and amazing tool; but the Rule need to be designed, structured, and offered to the User as clearly and as timing as possible.

Please Help! Thank You

Feedback and Knowledge Base