OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Save shared contacts

Allow to save contacts created and shared by others in my contact list.

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oscar Foianini shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tanis Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Site Feedback
    PW
    PWW_888 asked on February 20, 2018
    Q: Outlook Customer Manager - setting up for my team
    Hi,
    We are a three user site with Office 365 Business Premium subscriptions and use O365 on Windows 10 machines as well as Android mobile devices. On the mobile devices we run the Outlook app.
    Two of us are mobile and one is office based.
    I am the administrator of the group and am looking for assistance setting up and rolling out OCM to all three of us.
    1.I note that each user can add contacts and then share them as business contacts so that they show in OCM for all three of us. Obviously this is not best practice from a company data integrity point of view. Ideally I want all company contacts saved in one central repository and then shared with the users. 1.How does one do this and where does one save the contacts?
    2.We then need all of these contacts visible and accesable on all three of our handheld devices. 1.How does one set this up?
    Many thanks
    I have the same question (1)
    Leo Zhao MSFT
    Leo Zhao MSFT replied on March 8, 2018
    Microsoft Forum Moderator
    A:
    ReplyIn reply to PWW_888's post on March 7, 2018
    Hi PWW_888,
    I have read all your conversations and made a test on my side: It's not feasible to have Outlook Customer Manager shared contacts shown on Outlook for Android personal contacts list. Once you create a contact in OCM, it actually creates a contact in your Outlook's personal contacts list. But shared contacts are different---- it's not created but synced from others' contacts, so it won't appear in your personal contacts list, which means it won't sync to your phone's contacts list either. On other hand, you can still view shared contacts' history in Outlook for Android if you highlight associated emails.
    Given the situation, if you'd like this feature to be introduced into Outlook Customer Manager, you may send us a feedback via the following link, since this user has same requirement as you, you can vote on its comments.
    https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/407082-outlook-customer-manager/suggestions/31120168-save-shared-contacts
    Many features of current programs might be designed and upgraded based on customers’ feedback. Your voice is important for us to improve our products.

• Oscar Foianini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am referring to the contacts created by others in my company.
    I can see them, but they are not in my contacts list.
    It would be better ti have them, so that I know their name if they call me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base