OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Ability to set default value to YES for sharing contacts and deals

When using outlook customer manager and adding in contacts businesses or deals the default value to share those is set to No. I want to be able to have that default value set to yes since we want to be able to share contacts and deals pretty much every time by default.

209 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Braddon white shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can't be hard to do but nothing has been done for approaching a year. Has Microsoft abandoned OCM and forgot to tell customers?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree that there should be and admin option to share by default or not. This could be expanded to users as well to make it totally flexible for Companies who have different staff types as mentioned by others

• Marcel Houps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the default should be on sharing and set by the admin when installed. to take this 1 step further: sharing option should be further specified with option of creating groups. We are small company and have sales, purchasing and us as directors. CM should give option to create groups. i.e my sales do not need to see contacts Directors or buyers put in. this should be in separate groups.

I think the user should be able to share it with the rest of the users if he wants to. But the admin should be ab;le to acces all the data of the contacts, since after all this is a crm

This really is a basic function and should be a quick fix, there is to much really to acticatvate this... often wonder if these software engineers have any real outside practical experience

• Oscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. In our case every deal should be shared within the team, and it should be possible to use this as the default option.

• John Seville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add share as a default and enable a global update to all contacts. SMBs will typically want to share across their company.

• Alan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this, but I can also understand TMiq's view. Surely the solution is to make it possible to choose the default? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen this ability in the options.

• TMiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with this suggestion. The reason to not default this is because a lot of user will not want their business contacts shared. To me, I prefer to choose what gets shared. If everyone shares all their business contacts on the team, then there will be too many useless contacts in the shared list. The way it is currently set up is a user can maintain two lists; one that is shared with the team, and one that is not shared with the team. This is good (I think) because each team member chooses to share only those leads that are significant.

Yes! Being as the whole "raison d'etre" of Office 365 is to make sharing stuff with colleagues easier, it is ridiculous that the default setting is "private".

• Braddon white commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually just asked about this. I agree. I want this default value set to YES as we don't have any reason to select NO for our needs

This would help a lot, I have 500 entries and I cannot afford to go in to each one and change the status.

This would also be helpful when importing. We have 1000's of companies and contacts to enter and would want them all to be imported with sharing active

• David H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree on this. Was about to post it until I found this. All contacts added as business contact should automatically be shared on OCM

• Corey Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a new contact or company, the Share Contact or Share Company setting should default to true. For small business, there is rarely a time where everyone doesn't see everything that is created.

Feedback and Knowledge Base