OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Can't export any OCM lists

I can't "Export" any lists: All I receive in the browser window is {"message":"Authorization has been denied for this request."}

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randall Hess shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mr Admin. When you say working on it, that's obviously not true. So what's the truth? It's a year and a half since you stated "working on it". You could re-write the Outlook product in that time. This can't be rocket science as opposed to priorities/demand. You're close to having a reasonable product in OCM but you're "microsofting" things up AGAIN!! FIX IT!!!

• Randall Hess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be sure you have the latest W10 updates and Outlook 2016 version: 1807 (build 10325.20082). Then be sure that Internet Explorer is chosen as your default browser in Settings/Default Apps/Web Browser.

I just exported over 1,000 contacts into a neatly tabled .xlxs spreadsheet that includes all custom fields, so this combination seems to work as advertised. Also, you can use the Filter in OCM and select the "Current View" option in the Export icon to export only selected contacts.

• William Urschel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't work with IE, Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. This bug has been well-known now for more than a year. I think it makes OCM unusable. What a shame.

Admin, if this is a bug why is it taking 12 months to fix, now I got all my data in this useless app and I cant get it back!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOL so microsot....please do a post showing us the features of OCM that actually work properly? According to uservoice even though OCM is supposed to be a very light CRM. It cannot even do a simple list export. WOW. Ummm you guys own Dynamics 365, Sharepoint etc. Exel. Bloody disgrace!

Further to my previous post I have tried again.

I have now discovered that the export will work with IE, but you must set the "Focused" to a down arrow. It fails with an up arrow.

I looked again at notes and there is a separate notes tab but the data in that does not appear on the export tab

I tried that and export worked for a day and then stopped working with IE. Very frustrating.

Also the report I di get showed a contacts notes field, but there does not appear to be afield to enter or view this data under "view details"

• brett.spector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

only exporting deals seems to work - and only all rows, which is painful, as filtering deals is very helpful ad more so when you can export the filtered data

If I were to export information will my custom columns show up? will my team's shared custom columns show up? Furthermore, I am having trouble exporting. I get this message. This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <Error>
    <Message>Authorization has been denied for this request.</Message>
    </Error>

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can also just copy the link to IE and download the export

• Mats Landstedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Export doesn’t work. I’m getting This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. I’m trying to create a simple call list for the sales guys. Help!

Feedback and Knowledge Base