OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

CRM tools need to include company name.

When I import contacts to Customer Manager from the Outlook contacts list, "company" is not included. The field is blank in Customer Manager, even for contacts where company was input in the outlook contacts list or inbox. Company name is a key piece of info for a CRM tool to track, and Customer Manager should include it when provided. It should also update dynamically back and forth as changes are made in the Outlook customer list and/or Customer Manager.

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When should we expect a report of the progress here. This has been open since 2017. 2 years should be sufficient time for deployment.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working on it....but nothing done. I would love to see a list of items that the team has done in the last year that fix the many many issues with this app.

It is interesting to see how this uservoice is like a ghost town. I guess I am one of the few remaining people who actually complain when we don't get what we are paying for.

• Brandon Berger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the deal section where the company selection is required.

As becomes a standalone field not associated with any specific contact. My suggestion would be to call that the customer or product or focus link.

For myself I work in commercial real estate and I am using the company travel deals to associate the deal location for the building address such as 1375 East Woodfield Rd.

That showing me all the details related to that specific product or building.

In the same token if I was working with a broker or general contractor related to product sale I would defer to the companies use as the end-user for the cell to customer.

Having a company or customer type would BA improved and use for field.

I replied here because the standalone offering of this company/customer field and it’s not in relation to a contact specificity, I believe is a very good thing

Feedback and Knowledge Base