OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Contact categories or groups for mailing lists etc

I need an efficient way to tag, sort and group customers into e.g. Mailing lists. Multiple tags must be possible

85 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dieter Punzengruber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have lists on contacts for two different companies that need to be managed and sorted into their own groups. being able to group the contacts and then send an email to a group of contacts is what is keeping up from using OCM at this time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, and a way to categorize the companies would be helpful as we work with client companies and stakeholder companies.

• David H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Bonnie. The predefined options are very important for users who work with a lot of contacts and require advanced filtering options.

• Bonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree and also it would be good to have more sophisticated options for creating new "columns," eg. specify data-validated and/or pre-defined options for the new column. We had this in BCM and used it extensively, enabling us to sort our customer data on any custom defined data element we wished to.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I see you can create a new "column" and sort it but it can only be a text, number, or date field. The text field could be used but there is no way to quickly send emails unless you export to excel and then copy into an email with BCC.

• Blake Allison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, Dieter. I will add that being able to group contacts so emails can go to the group directly from OCM would be helpful. For example, if a company has an announcement or press release, it would be great to be able send to all the contacts across all Deals, Companies, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base