OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Bulk Delete Data

I have now had a chance to understand the optimal set up for my data and now would like to start with a clean database. At the moment the only way to do this is to individually delete each item, which is impractical.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Rule shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

D...your a genius. This worked perfectly. the only caveat is after the data is deleted with MFCmapi the data file may need to be removed from internet explorer to force a sync. Thanks for the awesome post

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been able to bulk remove by using the MFCMAPI tool, if the OLK profile is set up as Exchange or Exchange Online (not sure if it'll work with IMAP protocol).

PROCEED WITH CAUTION. THIS TOOL IS NOT MEANT FOR NON-TECHNICAL USERS.
    https://github.com/stephenegriffin/mfcmapi/releases/tag/17.0.17099.01

- Make sure that you enable the MDB_ONLINE and MAPI_NO_CACHE boxes through Tools before starting.

Look for Top of Information Store/Contacts/Companies/Outlook Customer Manager if you wish to clear out Companies for the user.

XrmProjects/Deals folder will contain the Deals for the profile if you wish to remove all deals as well.

The Contacts themselves should be removable through the People pane in OLK 2016, but if they're not deleting then you can remove through Top of Info Store/Contacts/Outlook Customer Manager as well.

Hope this helps.

• cferg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we know if there is going to be a way for the administrator to delete more than one company, contact, or deal at a time. I have over 10,000 contacts 2000+ companies, and 300+ deals. Please advise on the best way to do this and get a fresh database to implement.

Chris
    Signal Two-Way Radio Rentals
    chris.fergeson@signaltwoway.com
    (m)281.300.1601

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include a setting to delete multiple contacts and Companies as of now we can only delete one by one

• Thom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to delete more than only one company/contact at the same time

• Taron Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The system duplicated my first company 272 times! Now I am tasked with deleting each individually

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow adding a company got stuck and added 1178 enties of the same company. Bulk deletion would be great ;-)

• Duane Bentzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Individual deletion is unacceptable. There needs to be a selection box on each line with a 'select all' option. Then the delete trash can...

• David H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mass deletion and updates are essential when initially setting up imported data sets

Feedback and Knowledge Base