OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Column Filtering and drop-down menus

As a database it is useful to be able to filter the data you input. It is currently possible to filter for the pre-determined columns, but not for user created columns. In addition for user created columns it would be useful (similar to some of the pre-defined columns) to be able to select a drop-down menu and pre-define the choices of text entry.

30 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Rule shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having the ability of filtering user-created columns is a deal breaker.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any progress on the ability to filter by user-created columns? We're just starting to use the OCM and we can sort by a user-created column but not filter so we only see the contacts with a particular account tag. Am I missing something?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the difference between user created columns and custom columns? I have created a column using "add a column" and it doesn't appear in my filter list. Is there another way for me to create a column that will show up in the filter?

• Ando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also really keen on being able to have types defined for column entry. Can you borrow the type definition logic from SharePoint surveys, so we can define Yes/No, limited number entries, pick from lists etc?

Feedback and Knowledge Base