OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Import data from Outlook Business Contact Manager

We have been using Outlook Business Contact Manager. This clearly looks to the replacement for BCM but will our BCM data be migrated?

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Frank Byl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my company we have been using BCM for years.
    We have 5500 business contacts and thousands of accounts.
    Without an import tool to OCM I will look for another solution and for my 150 accounts I will look for another software solution.
    Best Regards,
    Mario

• Rick Wagoner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was clearly advertised as a feature to be released, then mysteriously disappeared...leaving thousands of clients jumping off the Microsoft bandwagon.

At least openly admit you're going back on that promise.

I have 5-6 years of account history (approx. 800 accounts). How can I move Outlook Business Contact Manager data files to Outlook Customer Manager including all the account history communications?
    Why would you discontinue support for Contact Manager if you do not have the migration tool in place?

I too have used BCM for many years and need to be able to transfer that client contact history to OCM on my new system.

Like everyone who has commented, we have been using BCM for many years and very badly need a tool to migrate from BCM to OCM

I need this to import years of BCM data and share across the network (5 employees)

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everybody who really needs OCM was using BCM before. Why there is no possibilty for import all written data? Single Connector to BCM Database with automatic field adding would be a great gift..

• Kent Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a client that has used BCM since the 2007 release. An import tool from BCM to OCM is greatly needed. And it should support large databases.

• Jeff McMillan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this. This will make the difference between us using this product, or moving to another CRM.

After exporting Accounts from BCM 2013 to CSV, imported as Companies to OCM. Exported Business Contacts to CSV. OCM can only import files <40kb (really?!) Even with 27kb file OCM stalls after a few, cannot complete import.

I strongly support this as well, I have used BCM in my small business for many years and I was looking at purchasing and alternative CRM until I discovered this new option from Microsoft

• RAP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes- please do this. Those of us that have been using BCM for many years have few options now that MS is not going to support going forward.

• Fred G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I added my vote to this because I am looking forward to this feature also but, from another post, I understand this is already in the works.

Feedback and Knowledge Base