OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Share Select Emails, Because Obviously Want Some Emails to be Private

Please add a feature to select which emails are shared, because there will obviously be some emails that one might like to keep private from the rest of the team.

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this might also be solvable by simply having "shared inboxes" be usable with Outlook Customer Manager.

That being said, this feature would solve both issues that make no since to already have as a possibility when CRM tools are all about multiple people using it. This is baffling. These two are not features, but needs of a CRM tool.

• Mike Buening commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If OCM does not allow Timeline sharing across users, it's not "small business" CRM, (as advertised,) it's single-user CRM. That's a shame-- I have a good use case for what I thought this tool could do when I started evaluating it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone from Microsoft post whether they plan to allow e-mails to be shared. This surely is a must for any CRM, so everyone in the team can know whats happening.

• Alan easter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A shared timeline is an essential, must have feature of any CRM, even simple cut down CRMs such as CM. The whole point in sharing a contact is so that a coleage can see my interactions with that Contact.

The Contact Manager share feature is useless without sharing ALL contact information including the Timeline.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really annoying. My boss is going mad like it’s my fault the timeline isn’t shared. This feature is incredibly important for collaboration amongst my sales team. Please get this added as a matter of urgency!

• Bryan Bresnan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started messing with this, but try making a shared email box and move or copy an email to that shared email box. Then when logged in with another user it showed up on the shared customer timeline. This may need some more tweaking. It may take a couple flows to move emails around to work as desired. I'd be interested to see what else people have come up with.

It has been over a year since this essential feature was initially flagged on this forum as being an essential component to using OCM for CRM. Can we please have an update - do you intend to make it available, if so is it working in progress, what is the likely timeframe for rollout?

• Marc Nicolay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with these the timeline comments. OCM is only valuable to us if timeline items are able to be shared and seen by others in the organization

• Maurits Kroese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is sort of defeating the purpose of a timeline if not everyone can see it. If someone placed a call to that company/contact others should be able to see it as well, same for notes, emails etc. This is the whole idea, correct?

• Paul Roche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until it has time-line sharing it is of little point. Sales teams mainly need to look up who saw the client last and when.

• Catherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with most of the comments here! We need to share timeline with team members (with options to keep some emails private). I that option is added, we will start using Outlook Customer Manager.

• brett.spector@runurfund.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be accomplished easily, says the guy who doesn't have to write the code, by changing the timeline workflow from "show everything from this client automatically" to instead requiring the user to proactively add a particular message to the timeline - depending on how deep you want to go, I would say offer a configurable option that asks "show all items for contact in timeline" or "show only items of this type I add to the time line:
    checkbox: messages
    checkbox: meetings

Some people may only want to need to add messages and all meetings for a contact will show up.

• Timothy Merridew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sharing of the timeline is the most important thing, I agree there needs to be a method of marking emails are private with a contact as there will be times when some information is private, however as these are business contacts and the integration should be for business I believe that the default should be to make the timeline shared, that for me would be the major selling point. Other CRMS I've tried have required me to flag and email, send it to a special address or jump through so many hoops I can't get staff and sales teams to bother. The looks like it should just gather the information in one place.

Currently when a contact, company or deal is shared with a group, that item's notes and files are able to be shared. Timeline information, however, such as call logs, posts, or emails are only visible to the individual user who inputs the data. The rest of the team cannot see a log of a call I made to a customer. In my organization, the ability for several users to see who has contacted a customer and what information was discussed would be incredibly useful. Sharing the timeline of all interactions from various team members with a client in my view should be a critical feature of this service.

• TimO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe OCM is being promoted as a lightweight CRM without sharing timeline info. Really, all that is being shared is a list of Companies, Contacts and Deals. I can do this in dozens of ways. Really?

• Rolf Diepeveen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Sharing emails, notes, etc. is critical for this product. Without the option to share timeline it is completely useless.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. We are in the process of following up on lead sheets from a tradeshow - as a team, creating contacts and writing emails as we go (First ***** at OCM)

Finding out that the timeline is not shared makes the entire excercise feel a bit futile.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base