OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Backup solution

A central place for Admins to backup all shared contacts would give me real peace of mind

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

William Ginestier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Customer Manager needs a way for the users and especially the Admins to recover deleted items such as Contacts, Companies, and Deals. This is urgent and critical. As of today, 8/22/17, it appears that if a Contact is deleted, there's no group recycle bin. Why? Yes, I see that if a contact is deleted by me as a user, it goes to my personal Outlook trash can. But what if someone else deletes that contact? Can an admin recover that item? The Admin would not know where because there is no group recycle bin. What about Companies and Deals. Can you imagine if someone accidently deletes a Deal or a Company? Again, the same problem: there is no recycle bin for companies and Deals.

Overall, I really like Outlook Customer Manager, but some fundamental functions are missing, which are not insignificant. This product needs to allow at least some control.

Also, it appears that permissions cannot be adjusted. It would nice if only users were allow to delete their own entries. Furthermore, the SharePoint aspect of Outlook Customer Manager is nice, but that needs work as well on permissions.

This could be a great value add to Office 365, but basic admin functions should be enabled on the above items ASAP. It'll help drive more users to using it.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base