OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Allow Tasks created outside Customer Manager to be added to the Task List.

Anyone who has been using Outlook for some time, has task they created or, will create that they may want to appear in the Customer Manager Task List including, tasks created from e-mails.

110 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fred G shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Danette Kohrs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having a hard time consistently using tasks within this platform. Some of my tasks list in the TODAY column (current and past due) but not all. I haven't been able to figure out how to link an already existing task to a contact, company, or deal if it's not listed in the TODAY column. I also haven't been able to "open" a task that is listed in the contact (or company's) history timeline. Emails open to review details but Tasks won't. I've also noticed that although all emails (for contacts associated with a company) will auto-populate into the Company's history timeline the tasks do not seem to do that.

• Bjørn Hopland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add start date in addition to due date to align with Outlook. Or replace reminder time with start date.

• Gerwin Pol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest. At the moment I am pretty confused what MS is doing with Tasks. I currently have todos in OneNote, Planner, Outlook and ToDo iPhone app.

I am loosing track of what syncs with what and where.

Would be great to have tasks sync to one place. OCM is a great idea, but you should be able to share tasks and assign them to others. Then they should automatically appear in the taks of Outlook, ToDo, etc.

It is all great ideas but please bring some clarity and standardisation.

• Andrew French commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like that when I make a task in Outlook Customer Manager, that it gives me all the details of that task, along with the customer, in Outlook (tasks). Currently, I make the task in OCM, then go back to Tasks in Outlook and edit it with the details so I know what it is. It's double entry.

• Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the ability to assign or link a task that has been created in Outlook, Exchange, or somewhere else to a contact, company, or deal.

Currently, if a task is not already in the task list or created within OCM, then there does not seem to be a way to link the task to an entity in OCM.

Feedback and Knowledge Base