OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Issues when assigning a non Exchange license - please fix

How can we turn off this feature on Customer's Tenant?

We are now getting error/s on assigning licenses because of this feature.

To assign a license that contains Outlook Customer Manager, you must also assign one of the following service plans: Exchange Online (Plan 2), Exchange Online (Plan 1).

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HyperK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe Alloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a solution myself after calling Office 365 support two different times and having them refuse to help me, claiming it was a feature request. You can use PowerShell to disable the Outlook Customer Manager even though the web interface does not show this option. The cmdlet that you want to use is New-MsolLicenseOptions and specify "O365_SB_Relationship_Management" with the DisabledPlans parameter, in addition to any other features you want to disable.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support was unable to help. I believe the easiest solution to this issue would be to implement a switch for Outlook Customer Manager in the Services & Add-ins tab so those who have a hybrid environment can disable/enable it for their entire domain. It appears there is currently no workaround.

• Raymond Simpson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can Microsoft please a better answer than contact support. I have been on the phone with support for a few hours with no resolution. Bottom line is that we are not yet ready to move to exchange in the cloud.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Customer Manager prevents assigning a Business Premium license, without also enabling Exchange Online. Frustrating for users who don't yet require a mailbox, but want to use the Office suite.

Feedback and Knowledge Base