OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we make Outlook Customer Manager better?

Import CRM data

Good afternoon, it´s a question, not an idea. Can I import CRM data from other applications in Excel or any other format?
Thank you

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Istvan Lorincz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any ideas on the best way to import events into OCM from Salesforce, i have a years worth of data i don't want to lose.

• MAC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others here, I am not able to import CSV data due to file size restrictions.

• Duane Bentzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've created my CSV files, small ones with 75-100 items. I continually receive error messages. I have one file that will not import. A more robust interface would make this operate better. Definitely a larger import file size is in order.

Any updates, when import from BCM will be possible?
    If possible, could I add fields? Would be also important, otherwise we will loose a lot of infomation.

By the way, maximum import size of 30KB must be a joke. That's arround 50 companies from our BCM and we have thousands of them...
    And the field description during the wizard is Italian language or something like this... Not that funny!

• Marius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Related to importing contacts

I am importing over 800 contacts -
    1) I had to split the data into 100 items per batch as there is a 30kb file limitation - this is just too small to work with.

2) Errors during import does not provide the exact field or row causing the error (very difficult to troubleshoot)

3) Importing the Company Display Name as part of the contact cause issues if the company already exist (picking to skip duplicates dont work in this case)

I've been trying to import a CSV file.. but the fields are limited. It says you can create your own fields - but easy said than done, as I cant see how? And sometime it displays my fields in swedish... :/

We have been using Business Contact Manager for many years and want to be able to import our data into Customer Manager. Please advise when this is available.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see a BCM import soon! I've been waiting for this since the release

• Doug Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you import the Company info from a CSV file and then import the contacts from another csv file how do the company name get into the contact data so they show up under the company as contacts.

• Aage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when we can import all activities (notes-logfiles etc.) from bcm? And in tfhe Danish version "Outlook Kundeadministrator"?

• Colm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are the options for importing from other CRM programs? I have a client where this would work well, currently using ACT.

Feedback and Knowledge Base