OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I keep getting the following error message: CacheInitTooSlow. My theory is that somehow when I installed OCM I imported over 1,800 contacts

I think I imported over 1,800 contacts when I installed OCM. I now intermittently get the following error message: CacheInitTooSlow. From a customer management perspective I'm tracking less than 100 clients. My theory is that if I could delete the roughly 1,700 contacts that I don't need to track my performance would dramatically increase. However, how do I clean up my contacts in OCM? Where is the data stored? What is the relationship between my Contacts in Outlook and the Contacts/Clients in OCM? Users really need better documentation on this product. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CacheInittooslow is an issue, where we cannot create a Browser Cache on your machine fast enough. This can have different issues.
    A couple things to check – can you clear your internet explorer cache? (Open IE, go to Settings, Internet Options, Caches and databases and remove as many as you like but most importantly outlookapps.com)
    Another one is – do you have enough disk space on your machine, it is depending on that as well. If not, clean up some room on your harddrive.
    depending on how you imported, the contacts are either shared or private. If they are private they should show up in your My contacts list, where you can just delete the ones you don’t need anymore. If they are shared, they are in a group (and a hidden folder on your mailbox). You can call support to have them removed or remove them using special tools.

2. Fix the Bug That Is Preventing Users From Sharing Contacts

I should be able to share OCM contact, company and deal information with other members of my organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are supposed to be able to share. This is an ongoing issue. We are working to fix it. Please contact support if you need more assistance.

3. Save issues

I meet a lot of save issues but does not mentioned why. Difficult to move on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It could work!

I still can't get OCM to work!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I have

I have files that keep trying to upload and won't stop. Also I have ghost task on my today list. I have reset and rebooted. uninstalled and reinstalled. what next

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custome and company entry does not finalise, it ramains in italics

When a customer or company is created within OCM, it remains in italics and does not become active. A company I created 2 weeks ago is still in italics and it keeps creating multiple copies of its self. Don't know how to delete or rectify.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sharing contact information

I shared a contact with a colleague that has a custom column, but my colleague cannot see the custom information (contact owner). Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should be able to see each others custom columns. This looks like a bug. Please follow up with support, so they can share your account details with us and we can provide you a status update.

8. Customise the deal phase; include lead, opportunity, proposal etc etc

Create own deal phases -> make the deal oveview customisable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add custom stages to the deal. Go to the deals list, next to the stage field is an edit icon. You can use it to add new stages.

9. Link Tasks back to Deals

when you open a Task in Task List there is no link to take you back to the the Deal where it was originally created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update To Test on iOS 11 (beta)

Product will not download to iPAD running iOS 11 (beta).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this point, we are not supporting iOS 11 yet. We are still testing the application and will support iOS 11 once it is released. Nevertheless you should be able to download the app and test it.

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Outlook Customer Manager is enabled by default only for Business Premium tenants. To disable please remove the users license and call support to remove the icon from their Outlook (we are working on a proper fix for this, so you don’t need to call support).

12. Make/fix the installation of Customer Manager easily available for everyone

I do not have a way of installing it even following the articles online. Please help me.

It is not available for me online even though we have a Office 365 Business Subscription

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Your account needs Business Premium. Please contact support, if it still doesn’t show up.
    (Make sure you use Outlook or OWA with that account).

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please check if you have a Business Premium license and if you are using Outlook with that account.
    If this doesnt help, please contact support.

14. I have three posts that are waiting moderator approval - another joke

I just was Microsoft earnings and own your stock - I know you can afford a few moderators. also please realize this product, despite the absurdity of where the flaws are, is one of the most compelling things to cuase small businesses to use o365 - please put more resources on this procject- there are key pieces of functionality that need to be added and or broken that aren't a heavy lift that would reap massibe adoption benefits to Microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your support and patience. We are regularly checking it, and are trying to get to all ideas in time with a good answer.

15. how about federating to office 365 -

how about federating uservoice to your office 365 account when you click feedback -

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot delete custom companies column

I added a column to the Companies records and now I cannot delete it without it reappearing after I reload Companies. I can delete columns fine for Clients but not Companies. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. it

The OCM extension in outlook does not work
    it is not possible to store any changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Elements that couldnt be fully created are still showing up in OCM

Sometimes during creation process (Contact, Company, Deal) the system can't complete the process of creating the element.

BUT: OCM shows the element in grey and you cannot remove it at all from the system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This sounds like a bug. Please contact support. In the meantime try clearing your IE cache, which will remove those items.

19. Why does Outlook Customer Manager Exist?

I just discovered Outlook Customer Manager and for the life of me cannot see how I am supposed to use this as a CRM. All it does is show contact information for contacts next to your email. Here is what I'm looking for in CRM functionality: 1) Classifying contacts by type (business, personal, etc.); and by status (prospect, client, etc.); 2) Tracking sales funnel information based on status of business contacts. 3) E-mail drip campaigns for certain contacts through AWeber; and 4) Reports on number of leads, conversions, and sales. Otherwise, I am not quite sure why OCM was created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have another experience, which we call the module experience. Currently it is only supported in Outlook client. There in the bottom left, next to the email navigation icon you can find three dots and “Add-ins”. When opening this, you will see some more functions. You can add custom fields to contact which can be used to classify them. There are opportunities/ deals you can use for sales funnel information. We also support basic reporting in Excel. All in all it is supposed to be a “starter” CRM and might not fulfill all your requirements. For more sophisticated reports and customization we would encourage you to look at Dynamics CRM. Hope that helps.

20. Add field for Sales Rep

Add field for Sales Rep

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager