OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customized Reports

At the moment the only way to create Reports utilising the Data you add to OCM is by downloading into Excel using the Export Button which produces a standard format Spreadsheet. Particularly from a Deal Management perspective it would make sense to be able to produce bespoke reports based on the data you wanted to see (as was available previously in BCM).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timeline filter

I want to be able to see all emails or posts only related to deal and hide history of changes entries (like changes of contacts names, etc.)

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customer lists

Provide a Customer Lists feature, similar to the OWA People Contact Lists feature. Create a named Customer List that is available to everyone in the same team. Be able to assign a customer already in the Customer Manager to one or more Customer List. The customer should have the team access as the Customer List.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Links to Tasks, Appointments and Folders

I see someone suggested linking to existing tasks (including those created from an email) but also an existing appointment from Calendar. Also, would like to link to a directory Folder not just files.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The color of the contacts should be in sync with the color of categories and we need to be able to categorize contacts

Categorizing Contacts and Color Coordinating them between their category and emblem with initials.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Timeline Posts - New Window

Allow timeline posts to be clickable when it is a post, call log, or meeting log. Open into a new window so the post is easily readable. When hovered over, it only shows a certain amount.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it more reliable.

Many times it fails, or pops up that it is not available yet to me (even though I was using it earlier in the day). Also, make things autosave so you don't accidentially navigate away.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Leverage EXISTING Office 365 Groups

Hey folks,
    I just don't understand the inability to use existing Office 365 groups. I have a public group for our Sales team, that external users can email. To use Staffhub to write a schedule for my sales team... new group. To use Office Customer Manager... New Group.... To use Microsoft Teams... new group. Its driving me insane! I can't use new features if they required duplicating everything I have done already to work. Beautiful interface, with no much potentail if it would just utilize my EXISTING Office 365 Group foundations.

Best,
    jesse

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is there a developer API?

Is there an API for developers? If not is it in the works?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Using OCM without Internet Explorer is default browser

I have severall Problems using OCM. Sometimes OCM dose not start, don't save changes or takes minutes for saving a change.

Deleting the IE Cache will help mostly. But I wont to delete IE cache after each action and I wont use IE as my default browser.

Pelase detach OCM from IE

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Not sure why the "shared with" category is showing "Private" when all of my business contacts are shared. Can that be corrected?

Not sure why the "shared with" category is showing "Private" when all of my business contacts are shared. Can that be corrected?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Activity report

We require the function whereby a report can be generated between two dates to see all activity (calls, meetings, emails, etc) for all users during the specified period

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Major bug in saving information.

There is no way to save a Company, Contact or Task. The Create, Save button is grayed out?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sync O365 contacts and groups

Why are we managing contact databases from the standard O365 for business people app, bookings, and now this. The entire premise of the app was the small business owner and how difficult it is for us to stay on top of our customer needs. This product currently makes the job harder. We need seamless workflows

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Grid Control thas shows the matrix of Contacts, Companies and Deals needs to be editable.

A Grid Control should be editable like an Excel spreadsheet. Having to select a record, select 'edit mode' then navigate/scroll down the specific field, is not productive. Takes us right back to the 1960's and working on IBM mainframes.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One should be able to filter the deals based on Owner. This will help in seeing deals specific to each sales guy

When I try to choose a filter on deals based on Owner, the filter criteria does not allow to choose a name or type a name. The box comes as disabled.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding a new contact to a company should save it to the company without having to click save

When you add a new contact to a company the interface is very clunky. You add the contact, and then you want to start editing it but if you don't click save, you will get a modal saying you are going to loose your changes. Automatically save the contact to the company and then take me to the editable details of the contact.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. disable outlook customer maanger

Provide option t administratively disable Outlook Customer Manager for Office 365 Business Prem subscription

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently working on a fix for this. As a workaround: remove the license in the admin center and then delete the app in the user’s Addin’s view. If you want to disable it for a few users, please remove the licenses and contact support. you can reenable, by adding the license again and then the app will be installed within the next 24 hours.

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base