OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook Customer Manager

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Outlook Customer Manager, a new Office 365 service, helps small businesses track and grow their customer relationships right within Outlook. It gives a complete view of interactions with each business contact, helps track tasks and deals in progress, and surfaces timely reminders—all next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager will be available at no extra cost to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers – beginning with those in First Release program and continuing worldwide in the coming months. It is turned on by default allowing users to access it in one-click from the home tab in Outlook 2016 for Windows, and includes a mobile app. Learn more at – https://blogs.office.com/2016/11/14/introducing-outlook-customer-manager-relationships-made-easy-for-small-businesses/

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can a drag drop feature be added to allow for ease of flow of Data Files into Contacts/companies

Can a drag drop feature be added to allow for ease of flow of Data Files into Contacts/companies

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Office integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customers nearby - When planning customer visit

Hi. it would be nice when planning customer visits. if you could then get a list of customers who is also nearby that address you are going to. so you can plan a trip, when going on customer visits.

For now we just made a column, where we can type in the region the customer lives in. But a overview of nearby customers would be nice to have.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wrong language in Import wizard

Import wizard (Companies in this case) use wrong language in column mapping drop-down list. Tried several times. Most of the times I get Finnish language but sometimes I get German and a few times English (which I have in Office&Outlook&Windows)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Columns

In CRM when we create a new column can we move it to a new location?

Once you create a column and added fill ins make those part of the drop down.

Make it able to modify while in the contacts view.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why tasks list is not visible in smartphone Outlook application?

Why tasks list is not visible in smartphone Outlook application?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add academic titles in contacts

There is no specific field to add academic titles.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the Bing lookup when creating a company is a great idea

The actual implementation of it is a mind numbing joke. Does anyone at Micrsosoft on this project ever actually try to use it and see the non-sequitir results it comes back with - how can you foist this on users to waste their valuable time - just turn it off until it works or say use it only if you are currently delusional or hallucinating

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. Can you give more detail on what is not working? Is it not finding the companies that you are looking for?

9. Check into data stability in custom fields

The data in the custom user fields (An inserted a column) in the Contact Record has been very unstable. It disappears.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include a total value row to sum amounts from all deals

Include a totals row that adds amounts from each deal

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More granular sharing of contacts (Kontakt teilen, soll/muss differenzierter möglich sein)

Translation:
    A group of 6 people is working for two separate companies, with different licenses.
    Contacts, companies and deals should be shared, but granularly not for each company.
    Currently deals from company A show up in company B. They would like to share per person.

Original
    Wir sind eine Gruppe von 6 Personen welche für zwei Firmen tätig sind. Beide Firmen sind im Office 365 mit separaten Lizenzen angemeldet. Nun möchten wir Deals, Kontakte oder Firmen teilen, jedoch nicht über alle Firmen!
    Wenn wir die Möglichkeit bekommen, mit Personen zu teilen, dann könnten wir die Funktion "Teilen" nutzen, aktuell wird…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of all the white space!

I have to assume that this was designed for some 'touch based' device because it sure has a lot of white space. Given that it called "Outlook Customer Manager" it would be nice if it had look and feel closer to Outlook Desktop software. It isn't just looks, there is so little data on the screen that it is almost unusable. In fact just about every time I try to use it, I shake my head in disbelief that it is so difficult to use. For example, there are only 9 contacts or 9 companies on display at any given…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add all the contacts on an email not just the person who sent it

Only the sender can be added via Customer Manager window while in the mailbox.
    It would be great to add all those the email was sent to / cc'd. Especially as the majority of them are from the same company.

Ideally when you add one contact OCM should prompt you when there are new contacts with the same email domain as the contact you just saved.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you open Outlook Customer Manager next to the email, in the top right corner is a link called: “View all related”. When you go there you will find a way to add other people on the email. Does that help?

14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add support for emails secured with s/mime.

Emails emails secured are not available in OCM. But I think this should be a essential security feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Streamline the file upload

Uploading files to OCM gets the files stored in either the OCM Group (for Deals) or in the user's personal OneDrive (for Contacts and Companies). My suggestion is to streamline this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow files attached to emails the ability to be dragged to the files tab in a contact or deal or company

Whenever you wnat to save a file to a deal,contact or company, allow it to be dragged froom an email directly to the file tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. no title just you suck

Cant paste a screen shot. !!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Microsoft help ... I don't know why i'm even here!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Relationship between company and deals to contacts..

When I look at a company, I can see multiple contacts related to this. The product does let let me add the same contact to multiple contacts - However, when I go to the contact detail, I am unable to see all the companies that are associated with the contact.

Also, there is only the ability to link a deal to one company. It would be good to link multiple company to one deals...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Problem/Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook Customer Manager

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base