OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Import/Export folders and subfolders

I really need to export/import folders and subfolders. This enables me to prune folders by archiving them--and then restoring archived folder if I need them. Have had this capability in outlook in previous version, but not now. This seems to be a regression bug.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow sort options to be set per folder instead of for all folders

I would like to be able to keep the Group by Category option set on my Inbox, but for Sent items, I would like it to always sort by Date Sent. I think this feature may have been lost in a recent update.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the Mac version the SAME as the PC version with same tools & options

Please make all functionalities available in the PC version also available for Macs. Eg. Conditional Formatting, Send and File, allowing us to change our mail view to also incorporate things like the calendar so everything is in the same view! I know these are PC-enabled functionalities but Mac users need the same tools as everyone else! We do business the same way as everyone else within the organization and there seems to be a MASSIVE disparity between the PC suite vs the Mac suite of capabilities in the 2016 Outlook.

I also find it highly inconvenient that the program doesn't…

1,364 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "New Items" menu to Dock icon

By right clicking on the dock icon, it would be great to access the "New item" menu. I don't need to see the main Outlook window if I need to create a new email, note, appointment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlook mail seacrch

Having recently moved to MAC ..... I find the search capability on Outlook mail very frustrating. Simpl things like on a PC .. I could click on 'from column .... type ..Joh and it will sort tos how all mails from name - John On a Mac is ai type Joh ... only last letter is used ... and will sort to fhow 'h'
    Compounded by very poor seach in teh search bar ..... it is very unreliable seach .... and does not seem to support 'Adv' search options as on PC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keep email highlighted in the email overview after following a link in the email

When I select an e-mail in my inbox, it opens in the preview pane. As soon as I follow a link in that e-mail, the e-mail isn't highlighted anymore.

I expect the email currently in the preview pane to stay highlighted.

Specs:
    Microsoft Outlook for Mac
    version 16.28
    Office 365 subscription
    Dark mode :-)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to print attached images with the mail

In the print options it would be very useful to add an option to choose to print attached images with it's email.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Phishing on Outlook MAC

I suggest you add a report phishing button to Outlook for MAC. It provides a more seamless user experience between OS’.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook 365 for Mac

As it stands, any Mac user with Catalina operating systems are unable to mark incoming emails (in shared email accounts) as spam or as well as Blocking senders. It works fine on a Windows operating system however not at all on a Mac. Junk options are greyed out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Outlook users to edit Teams meeting details before invite is sent

Unlike Outlook on Windows, Mac users cannot edit the Teams meeting details before the invite is sent. This means you cannot add additional international dial in numbers to the invite which is very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create Adjustable Buffer Time for "Events from Email"

It is great to have my flight automatically show up on calendar but it does not factor in boarding time and allows people to book during boarding. It would be ideal to have an option to set a buffer time for the automatic meeting. For example for flight I might put 60 minutes buffer so if my flight is from 12:05pm-2:50pm then the calendar would book for 11:05 am to 2:50pm or create two appointments for pre-flight and flight. Same would apply for event, dining, and service events.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Outlook window will not resize to lesser height

I am not able to make my Outlook window shorter so my Mac buttons cover the bottom of the Outlook screen. I only need to see a few entries at the top but when I go to use the handle at the bottom, it's just an arrow to make it longer and I cannot make it shorter. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it possible to decide how much data (mails) that is stored and downloaded to your MAC HD. Just as on PC - 3 months, 1 year, all etc...

On my PC I have the possibility to configure my outlook exchange account to set how much mail that is stored locally on my PC. When on MAC - all my mail from 12 years back seems to be downloaded to my MAC HD - totally unnecessary!!

I would like the same feature as on PC and be able to set 1 month, 3 months, 1 year, all. etc...

That would be incredibly valuable for many of us!!

Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. search

Please reinstate the quick refinements for "from:", "to:" and "contains:" to be added to keywords entered into the search box in Outlook for Mac 2016.

The new predictive algorithm and search suggestions don't work for me at all – sometimes I need to find emails "from X", sometimes I need the ones sent "to X" and sometimes I want emails that "contain X" where X is a person's name, a company, or a product.

The previous refinements made it fast to find emails and switch the filtering. The new way involves multiple clicks, or setting up saved searches – it's so much…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide UNDO for Archive or Delete actions on message windows

Given that:
    1- By design, each window will have its own Undo list
    2- Opening a message on a separate window and then clicking the Archive or Delete ribbon buttons on the message window, will Archive (or Delete) the message and close the window.

Result: Because the message window is closed when the action is executed, there is no way to UNDO the Archive and Delete actions when the message was opened on a separate message window.

Suggestion: on these cases, include the ability to undo the Archive and Delete actions on the parent window (the window where the message…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. hide foot

make the footer bar optional, possibility to hide it
    It only consumes space and does not provide any value as there is only the number of mails and the sync information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. teams meeting details should appear at top of meeting invite

When inviting people to a teams meeting on the Mac the meeting details are added to the bottom of the email and people often say that the joining information is missing however if this was at the top of the email /invite it would be easier and more obvious when they are joining the meeing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Slow to detect internal network

It is so slow to detect that it is on internal network. At least 2-3 times a pop up displays. After that couple of re-authentication pop up, even though credentials are stored in keychains. Then it starts working.

Also, there is no auto reconnection when connection is lost. Why???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. conditional formatting

--> Outlook MAC Business

Please insert conditional formatting. I would like to change the preview text of an e-mail if an e-mail has been assigned to a category

Greetz Bernd

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business