OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Let us set a default calendar view and default inbox view

Really need to be able to configure default views for every app and app section.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. groups te

When can I see all my groups as it displays only the 10 most active groups on the Mac versions of Outlook? Since 2016 you promised all groups would be visible in a future update ... so when is that?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. handoff

I use iOS and macOS outlook, it would be great if the Apple Handoff API was used so I could start a mail on the phone and finish on the mac.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create new meeting from existing meeting

Create a new meeting based on the attendees and notes of a current meeting. This could be used to setup a follow-up or continued discussion for that initial meeting. Include in the details of the new meeting the original meeting date/time as a reference.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Font size for reading plain-text messages

In recent Office 365 versions (16.2x) of Outlook, the displayed font size for viewing incoming plain-text messages is much smaller than the size for viewing HTML messages or for composing plain-text messages. This problem did not occur in the volume-licensed versions (16.1x) of Outlook. A workaround is to hit "reply" rather than "open," but this is less than ideal. It would be good to go back to the earlier formatting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Individual Auto e-mail reminders for appointments booked in a series on the calendar

I have a large number of appointments in my calendar that recur. It seems that only an auto reminder e-mail of detailing the full series is available as opposed to individual reminders on individual days of the series.
    Individual reminders would be a great help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhance the "Create Appointment" feature

Enhance the "Create Appointment" feature to create a calendar entry and after clicking the appointment the former selected email should be opened instead of a typical calendar entry. Additionally change the data selection field to show the whole calendar instead of a date selection option. During the creation process is not clear if a potential slot is not already used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 488 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize mac touchbar

Allow modification of the Mac touchbar to features the user uses vs what is static currently, leaving the functionality not as useful as it otherwise would be.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What is the best solution for EML files to MSG files Conversion?

I want to know about Thunderbird files to Outlook MSG Converter softwar by which , I can easily and quickly Migrate EML to MSG formats within few clicks.?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Switching events between calendars in Outlook App

In the previous version of Outlook for Mac, the user could drag an existing event from one calendar and drop it into another calendar, like a shared calendar, simply by dragging it over to the right-side menu and hovering over the calendar the user wanted to move it to.

In the latest version, that doesn't seem to be possible anymore (16.20).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dark mode reading pane is unusable in latest version

I just updated to the latest version of Office for Mac that support Dark Theme in MacOS Mojave. I like using Dark Theme and am excited that Outlook is joining the team, but I am disappointed to see that the reading pane is still in light mode. It is jaring to see the reading pane next to the rest of the program. Is there a way to make the reading pane be dark as well?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New icon is great, but looks terrible in the Dock.

The new Outlook icon is really nice, but it looks like a jumbled mess in the Dock. Looks squished with no distinction between the parts of it, and it's too small. I'd post a screenshot if it were possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Social Connector / People Pane for Calendar

It would be nice if we could have the Social Connector implemented as it is in the Windows versions of Outlook. I often used the People Pane to quickly review who was in the meeting invites I received and to identify any mail/other Outlook items I may have which could be associated to the invite.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please allow Contact Groups to migrate from OWA and Outlook (PC) to Outlook for Mac - Business

Contact Groups previously created on OWA and Outlook (PC) should be able to migrate to Outlook for Mac.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calendar groups

Add calendar groups function to match what's available in Outlook for Office 365 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013 Outlook 2010

See Calendar Groups support article here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-view-or-delete-a-calendar-group-04fc64f2-b658-450b-8dce-dd27ed660570

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring back Categories with Gmail/IMAP even if categories don't exist in Gmail/IMAP, just skip this attribute when syncing.

If Outlook is the main tool (don't like Gmail interface, to be honest), it doesn't matter if some features are only available in Outlook Client, the Web Client is only used for contingency.
    Make the categories available again for Outlook for Mac with Gmail (and probably other IMAP) accounts, please.
    At least for the calendar, Gmail has a color option for calendar, this at least could synchronized (mapped, if color don't match, no problem).
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Reminder on Occurrence of Series

The Outlook for Mac client is the only client that disables the Reminder dropdown when editing an occurrence of a calendar series.

These controls should be consistent, or at least consistently-enabled across different platforms. Clearly the Exchange server supports this functionality

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to categorize emails

Please put the ability to put format rules on messages ( would like to color /categorize them in view based on priority per the rule)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)