OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Ability to Disable Auto-Emoji Conversion

PLEASE give us an option to TURN OFF the auto-emoji conversion in Outlook messages. Silly little bitmap faces aren't always appropriate in work conversations when sometimes a simple :) is.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. unicode / emojis in mail

Since the update to Version 15.38 (170801) - unicode charters in subject lines are not displayed correctly when the initial email is received. Its fine if the email is forwarded on and then replied to - but any emojis using unicode e.g. =?utf-8?Q?=F0=9F=8C=89?= is not displayed correctly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove double-Esc shortcut from Mac

As a Vim user I have a habit of tapping Esc twice even when unnecessary. However, on Outlook for Mac this takes the app out of full-screen. No other Mac application I know does this, and it's rather distracting to have Outlook suddenly exit full-screen, so I'd like to see it removed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Publish to GAL - enable on Mac Office

Windows allows Outlook users to "Publish to GAL" their SMIME certs - please bring this capability to Mac Office so that users don't have to spin up a Windows VM to send their cert into the GAL.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable changing the view of the contacts especially allowing the option to view then as business cards

See above Change the ability to change the view for contacts so that you can see them as a business card.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prioritise Inbox retrieval of new, unread emails on startup

Outlook seems to scan all folders, possibly calendars, before attempting to retrieve new emails. (Alternatively, email delivery and retrieval appears glacial when compared to other clients, making it feel like Outlook isn't very responsive)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add alerts in rules as in Outlook for windows

I suggest you to add alerts in rules as in Outlook for windows, to have the option to create an alert (like a pop up or play a sound) for a defined rule.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Junk folder should show count of unread mails instead of total

The Junk folder now shows the total number of emails, where the other folders show the number of unread mails. That way, I cannot use that number to see whether any new mails are added to the Junk folder, and recently I missed a few emails that were wrongly classified as junk.
    Of course I could delete all (real) junk mails, but I do not want to do that, since I want to keep an eye on how many and what kind of junk emails I am getting.
    So if the Junk folder would just show the number of unread…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add calendar(s) selected indicator in checkboxes.

Currently, if you select all the calendars under an account, you get a checkmark in the checkbox indicating all the calendars under that account are selected. However, when you want to be selective and turn some off, the check mark goes away and is empty. So, if you collapse the account with the selective calendars marked, you think nothing is selected when in reality there are calendars selected!

Like other applications with toggle down views and checkboxes, please put a checkmark when all are selected, a "-" (dash) when calendars are selected but not all and blank the checkbox completely…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move Window Search Criteria

My typical organization process is to take email received and move them to Outlook folders under 'On My Computer'. Typically I might have a folder structure such as:
    \Vendors\Dell\Support
    \Vendors\Microsoft\Support
    \Vendors\Godaddy\Support
    etc, etc, etc.

The search field in the Move Window (Cmd+Shift+M) does not support the hierarchy in the search field. For example you cannot search for 'Dell\Support' or 'Godaddy\Support'. You can only search for Support, which list all locations that has a Support subfolder. You can't narrow the search by being more definitive in your criteria.

I would be very help to be able to provide a more granular…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook behaviour when moving from full screen mode to normal then back to full screen

When moving from full screen mode to normal, open emails pop out of full screen mode panels at the bottom of the Outlook to normal independent windows but when you put Outlook back into full screen mode, those other emails do not go back into full screen mode under the Outlook bottom bar but instead remain as independent email windows. There should be an option to force all open email windows to be aggregated back into full screen mode together.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Calendar -

would be ideal to have the option to insert comments even if you are not the organizer of the meeting!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow a option to not allow automatic saving of the email contacts as contacts.

Currently all email addresses included in an incomming email automatically get saved as contacts. Add a option to disable creation of these contacts .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support the GSuite global contacts list (and make it available offline)

Currently I only get autocomplete for people I have already emailed, it would be great to be able to autocomplete (and select calendars for) anyone in the GSuite domain (and for off-line email composing have that cached)
    Ideally if there is additional metadata entered (eg Title, phone number, office location, Manager etc) that would also be available so Outlook could display a hierarchy like it does for Exchange GAL

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Needs to show Meet/Hangouts URL

If a meeting has a Hangouts Meet attached to it, would be great to show that (and other custom metadata) so I can option it with one-click (improvements to the UI could also be applied to Skype for Business and other conferencing systems)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i would like to see the Attach File in Mail remember previously opened files on a computer, similar Windows version

i would like to see the Attach File in Mail remember previously opened files on a computer, similar Windows version

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow granular whitelisting of domains for automatic picture downloads in HTML emails

The only options available for "Automatically download pictures from the internet" are "In all messages", "In messages from my contacts", and "Never".

We'd like to granularly specify what email domains are automatically whitelisted for downloading pictures in HTML emails automatically, so that we could allow all internal email accounts to use this feature, but block it from external ones.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When dragging a message to a folder, enable auto-scrolling of the folders list

My folder list is longer than the window size I use. Prior to version 15.36, when I dragged a message to the folder list, I could get the list to auto-scroll up or down simply by dragging to the "edge". This behavior is no longer present in 15.36

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2011 rule save attachment to a folder

Bring back the 2011 Auto-save attachment rule

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make drag and drop work from Apple Photos into Outlook emails.

I'd like to see the behavior fit Apple's Human-Interface guidelines, which are found at https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/interaction/drag-and-drop/ Specifically the part that says "Make drag and drop available for all selectable and editable content. Selectable content should be draggable, and editable content should accept dropped content. Also make sure your app supports copy and paste in these areas."

it used to work so nicely with iPhoto. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base