OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. You make the groups function available for perpetual licenses for Outlook Mac!

Make the groups functionality available in the Outlook client for Mac in all versions and not just for subscriptions!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Drop and Copy Appointment to Shared Calendar

The current version of Outlook will not support moving or copying appointments between accounts (Shared Calendars). Lawyer in a law firm here, and it would be great to be able to pull and drop appointments from other shared calendars that we have set-up. 
    (Windows Outlook has this feature).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change shared calendars to not have to download the data (but in stead look directly to the server).

When opening a shared calendar it takes time to download the calendar. When adding more than approximately 8 calendars Outlook gets really slow. It would be nice if the shared calendars weren't downloaded, but in stead "look" directly to the server (in our case office365). This would speed up things a lot. To my knowledge this is the case in Outlook for Windows. The Online Archive in the mail section has a similar approach to my knowledge.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix multiple Main Window issue - broke around June 2017

Until recently, you could have two "Main Windows" open (File > New > Main Window) and use one window for Mail and the other for Calendar. This was great for me on my dual monitors, as I could have one window on each monitor.

This ability broke in the last couple of versions on the "Slow" development track, I think around the time of the June 2017 Slow Build release. The second window will still open, but you lose function and/or display information. For example, you can click in an email thread but the mail display will not update, or…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the function "view in browser"

For windows there is the function view in browser, so you can open your email in a webbrowser.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Handle email autocomplete better

When entering an email address, a list of email addresses pops up. But the first selected address is no the first address which seems to be the most frequently emailed address-so the most likely match is NOT selected. The default selection appears to be any random address OTHER than the first one. This seems more like a bug than a feature.
    If the addresses were tallied and had a running 60 day total to use for the ranking that would be even better (old contacts sometimes surface above newer ones).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Favorites hierarchy

Make Favorites folders inherit the down hierarchy and do not stop to the actual level they're pointing to

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. enable the right click menu option on a Skype for Business meeting to join the meeting

On Windows Outlook you can right click on a meeting select join to join the Skype for Business meeting. Can you enable that option in Outlook for Mac the same way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. send personal categories

It should be possible to retain assigned categories on sent emails, like it is in the MS-version (registry/"send personal categories)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable account setup via plist or answer file

Autodiscover doesn't work in all environments. Enable administrators to automatically configure Outlook Exchange accounts via plist or answer file. Ideally, the plist would be in a managed preference location for use with a configuration profile and MDM.

Most prevalent automatic setup relies on an AppleScripted solution that runs the first time a user launches Outlook. It's complicated with several parts that can go wrong. And it's not a Microsoft solution.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Store button to Mac 2016 Toolbar that was announced a year ago. Is this ability to support Ad-ins so hard?

Add Store button to Mac 2016 Toolbar that was announced a year ago. Is this ability to support Ad-ins so hard?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Contact Colours

I suggest that you should be able to change the colour of the circle that surrounds a contacts (or your own) initials that appear on e-mails. Could be very helpful for sorting or just a quick glance at e-mails etc. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow dragging emails in/out of focused inbox.

Focused inbox works well (about time!), but when an email appears in "other" or "focused" and the user wants to re-categorize (and have Outlook learn in the process), would be much easier to drag and drop to the word "Focused" or "Other" at the top of the inbox column. Right now have right click (which takes 2 hards on a Mac laptop) or to switch to the "Organize" tab.

For ideal implementation, see Gmail tabbed inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Issue: Mac Outlook users receive AutoComplete entries

The customer has to use a prefix when sending communications through Poppulo, (Newsweaver). Executives are not happy with this design. Customer would like a solution for this. Mac Outlook users receive AutoComplete entries when they receive messages 'on behalf of' another user when generated with NewsWeaver. This behavior is by-design in Mac Outlook. The mailbox is scanned for recent messages and senders are added to Autocomplete. In the meantime, Newsweaver will be configured to use Display Names that do not match pre-existing entries in the Global Address list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wildcard Searchable Room Finder

Ability to do a wildcard search for conference rooms. As I find, you have to know part of the name of the room to be able to find it. What if I don't know the name of the room; I'd like to just list them all.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the "hover color" when dragging mail messages darker

When you drag a message to move it to another folder, the highlight for which folder youre going to drop it into is too light. I dont need accessibility features and I have good eyesight but i can barely make out which folder outlook is going to drop it into. I have to hope its right based on my mouse position.

This used to be so clear. It changed in a recent update. Please darken the highlight.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. adress

It is very disappointing that a very common daily use feature as using an adressbook/contacts in outlook is not supported by Microsoft. Please add this feature!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prompt to select the sending account before sending a message

Prompt for sending account should be a menu item.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base