OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Client-side Junk Mail Filtering for Mac

The Junk Mail feature in Outlook does not connect to the server so it does not mark future emails from the same sender as spam. Currently I have to use OWA for my junk mail filtering.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable S/MIME Support in Exchange Online Archive

When viewing a Personal Archive signed messages are displayed as smime.p7m attachment. This should be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase email attachment size to at least 200MB

Increase email attachment limit... now its 25MB....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need the possibility to move Folders ore more Itemes at once to the Online-Arichve.

We need the possibility to move Folders ore more Itemes at once to the Online-Arichve.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send when Connected

The windows client has an option to "send immediately when connected" - I've discovered several people, mostly executive or customer facing teams, were using this in Windows to queue up emails to be sent, then make any last minute changes if needed. They would then use the ribbon button "Send All" to send all emails waiting in the Outbox.
    This would be a great feature to have in Mac Client to prepare, and send emails and have them ready to go when I choose, instead of saving them all as Drafts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop asking if I want to turn off absent notifications

Whenever I have out of office turned on and I open Outlook, I get asked if I want to turn off out of office. No, I don't. And I would really love Outlook to stop asking everytime.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accept/Decline Invitations from Mac Touchbar

Present Accept/Decline button on the Touchbar when you receive an appointment in your inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to load email images per sender

I'd like the ability to add senders to a list that will allow images to be automatically loaded in their emails. I don't want to have to add a sender to my address book for this to work. Basically, I'm looking for a feature that Gmail has. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print search folder similar to windows version, Example Print the list of Follow up headers not individual emails.

Allow to print the mail search folder, this functionality is standard in windows version. For example: To print list of follow up mail items and not the entire email, only the list of items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One-click unread toggle

On the Windows version, a blue bar on the left in the message list shows the (un)read status of the email. With one click there, you can toggle between the states. There should also be a one-click toggle on the Mac version of the email list.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add shortcut to toggle through open email windows

Right now there is only a shortcut to toggle through all open Outlook windows (command + ~), but I often want to toggle just between several open mails, say to copy something from one mail and paste it into another, without going to Outlook-Window and click on the mail I am looking for.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to set maximum attachment size for IMAP/POP accounts

Please add an option to set the maximum size for attachments like in the Windows version of Outlook (Registry value MaximumAttachmentSize). This would be helpful to handle internal large messages and to adopt mail size to corporate constraints.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keep my page layout settings in Outlook so I don't have to reset it each time I want to print something

Keep my page layout settings in Outlook so I don't have to reset it each time I want to print something. The default it keeps resetting to is portrait, but I always use landscape.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the font (and size) for plain-text emails user-settable

A lot of emails (especially automated emails from internal systems) are sent as "plain text".

Right now these are displayed in tiny Times New Roman, which makes them hard to read, especially data that uses the monospaced nature of "plain text" for formatting, like lining up columns of data.

Outlook for Mac should allow the user to select the font and size to be used when reading (as well as replying to!) plain text emails.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add hover text to show full subject in message list

When hovering over a truncated subject in the message list, I would like to see the full subject displayed in hover text. This should probably be generalized to all the fields in the message list, but the Subject field is the one that's most often an issue for me.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Document clutter, junk and 'focused' view.

Document differences between clutter and junk, and algorithm behind 'focused' view.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. organize folders

You need to be able to organize folders and move them around. I used outlook for my job when I had a windows computer, and now that I have a MAC it can only be organized alphabetically.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix 2 bugs in Contact/Notes view. 1) First 30-ish characters auto delete and have to be retyped. 2) Font sometimes Calibri sometimes Cambria

Fix 2 bugs.

1) First 30-ish characters automatically delete themselves. You have to retype them. When you retype, they don't delete and you can continue writing the note. Happens every time.

2) Minor, but sometimes Notes appear in Calibri and sometimes in Cambria. Weird. Not a huge deal, but I'm sure that's not how you intended it to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reading pane preferences are being reset when using Focused Inbox

When the new Focused Inbox is set to on, I am finding that the reading pane preferences keep being reset to "below" event though I set them to "off." I had to turn off Focused Inbox to retain my "off' preference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate Outlook contacts & Calendar with Mac & iOS to replace the poor performance of OSx & iOS contacts

Integrate Outlook contacts & Calendar with Mac & iOS to replace the poor performance of OSx & iOS contacts

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Feedback and Knowledge Base