OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Add ability to see members of O365 Groups

Currently, Outlook for Mac only lets you see the members of distribution lists, when hoevering over the list name while composing or reading an email. O365 groups do not show members at all, which is frustrating when Microsoft is trying to encourage the use of Groups vs. old school email DL's.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore "New mail" badge for dock icon! (Or make it an option!)

I work in many apps throughout the day -- the Office suite, but also Photoshop and other design apps, etc. The "new mail" badge indicator was a critical part of my workflow.

I'm usually quite focused, or looking at separate monitors. I almost always miss the quick notification, and a single icon bounce is equally unnoticed. And, obviously, new mail comes in when someone is away from their computer.

Without the "new mail" badge, we now have to fully open Outlook over and over throughout the day just to check. It's not only a hassle, but the cumulative effect is…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Eliminate image attachments in the Attachments column

I am always looking for attached files, and the Attachment column includes these but also images that were embedded in the email. This is not ideal since I often get people who include a whole bunch of images in their signatures, so I can't search for email with relevant attachments by using that column.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move the "sent" date for calendar invitations

I like the new "bold" treatment on meeting invitations, but having the “sent” date and the “meeting” date so close together is confusing - my eye keeps being drawn to the sent date instead of the actual meeting date. It would be good to place the sent date somewhere else not so visually close to the meeting date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easy to copy e-mail address from email

If someone asks for an e-mail address of a person I have e-mailed with, it is almost impossible to find how to copy the email without the contact name. This takes up so much of my time!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add "Correct Spelling Automatically" and "suggest most used addresses" after initial letter(s) prompt in address boxes.

It seems stupid and counterproductive that Outlook in Office for Mac 2016 does not do two things, so far as I have been able to determine: 1. Enable "Correct Spelling Automatically" as a one-time preference setting, and 2. Suggest the most often used email addresses that start with one or two letters after prompting in address boxes to make it considerably less burdensome to complete address boxes.

Millions of business Mac business users who are trying to take advantage of Outlook's purported advantages over their native Mail system are being deprived of these time-savers by some sort of institutional reticence…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow customization of fonts for all items (labels, text, window titles, etc.

Outlook for Mac uses some kind of default font size and in the laptops this becomes unreadable. In windows, one can customize every single font. Please allow this! The lack of this customization makes the use of Outlook excruciating for people with poor eyesight.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As a business user who switched from Windows to a Mac, some features are missing. I suggest you....

For Outlook for Mac 365, add the "Tracking" option to the calendar Ribbon and make the list of invitees printable.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add ability to schedule email reminders for meetings

Recently noticed this feature in the O365 web client and have found it helpful to be able to schedule email reminders for certain meetings. Would love to see this feature come to both Mac and Windows Outlook clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it easier to view another user's calendar.

As a system's administrator I have rights to other user's mailboxes. When I view those user's calendars I get that user as an option in the send from box of my email. I would like to be able to view a calendar without unleashing all these other features.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Paste with Track Changes from Word

We should be able to paste text from Word and keep the Track Changes redlining intact so that it can be seen in the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Like native MAC Mail- Un-Read Email Counter should show total of all unlining subfolder on the main folder along with individual subfolders

I love the MAC Mail nature app. I use outlooks because I am owner of an MSP and need the deep outlook integration into Sharepoint and Groups, etc. But the one thing I think you should change asap. Is the "Un-Read email counter" . Right now if I have a organized folder structure and setup rules to automatically organize my emails. I am unaware that I have emails if the folder structure is collapsed. You should show the total of the below subfolder on the main folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Delay or Scheduled Send for all email accounts (not just Exchange enabled emails)

It would be great to be able to schedule work emails which are non-exchange mail IDs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable a sorting filter by "Date Modified" or "Date Deleted" in the DELETED emails, when ALL inbox emails are accidentally deleted.

I accidentally DELETED ALL my emails from my inbox. Though they're all in the DELETED file, I have no way to find the ones that were not brand new that I was saving intentionally in my inbox (yes, I should've flagged them). If there was a way (similar to MS Word Docs) to filter them by DATE DELETED, they would all be at the top and I could move them back to my inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I suggest you make Outlook for Mac Compatible with MacOs 10.13.

I just upgraded to 10.13 this morning and now it says that Outlook for Mac is not compatible. I am going to have to downgrade my macOs so that I can still use Outlook.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Forwarded emails stuck in outbox until send&receive button pressed.

When a rule is created to forward emails, the emails are processed by the rule but remain in the outbox, unsent, until the send&receive button is pressed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Limit which calendar invitees can see attachments

Some of our users would like to be able to easily select which calendar invitees can/can't see attachments, without having to rely on password-protected folders/zip files. This would apply to Outlook for Windows and Mac, as we use both in our environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make STORE available in Outlook for Mac

I want to be able o utilize add-ins that allow me to insert frequently used phrases. This is available to PC Outlook 365 users, but not Mac Outlook 365 users. Please change!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Extend the contact recommendation overlay

Whenever I choose the recipients for my mails or events in outlook for mac I cannot see the end of the address. The overlay showing relevant contacts cuts of the recommendations to early so that I cannot see the toplevel domain.
    Since out company has divided mail accounts and calendar accounts it is really hard to find the right recipient (either @example.de or @example.biz) on modern screens it shouldn't be a problem to show the whole address.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I suggest you allow add-ins when using a an email template for the Mac version of Outlook.

Currently, if a template is opened add-ins become disabled. On my PC it works.

I have checked with support to make sure it wasn't my system or setup and they informed me it was not possible. Here is a screencast of it NOT working.
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Avj4Hej12uXriNtEHC6Tjn-xNjRw

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories