OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Drag and Drop Items in Fullscreen

When in the full screen view of outlook, and you have an email open, you can't drag an attachment, or another email message, into the message you are composing.

You have no trouble doing the the PC version of Outlook.

The only work around is to close full screen view, drag the message you are composing to one side of the screen and the main outlook window to the other side, then drag and drop whatever attachments or messages into the message you are composing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collapsable folder pane using a toggle

In the Windows version of Outlook, there's a toggle to quickly turn the folder pane on/off. On my Mac, I have to go to View > Sidebar to turn it on/off. Adding a toggle makes it more consistent with my windows version and is a tad faster for us road warriors who spend all day on laptops.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. focus

When opening new documents that are password protected, ensure the password box is not obscured.

Example right click word, open recent - select a password protected file. Commonly the password dialog is opened below other windows and one has to find it to enter the password

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix recurring tasks bug

Recently I have encountered a problem with recurring tasks.
    Asked I complete the task one day and it re-sets for the next occurrence the due date and reminder date won't be the same. For some reason the reminder date seems to jump to a different date and not correspond with the due date.
    EG. I have a recurring task every day of the week. I mark it done on Monday but then the dates will jump to say Thursday and it would be missed on the other days yet the setup is to happen every day? It's extremely annoying as…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like you to add back the external and internal server configs. My office uses different URL for inside out side which causes issues

Add back the External and Internal Server options. We have inside and outside servers and the auto feature doesn't always work when moving from Inside address to outside. Also, when using VPN and connecting and disconnecting causes issue. At the very least, allow me to override the server address and hard code the OUTSIDE so that I can always reach it. Thanks in advance. I use outlook for both work and home
    Rob

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add (bring back) a Junk Mail folder under the All Accounts Folder

A version or two ago had a combined Junk Mail folder which made it much easier to manage the ever increasing junk mail. Bring this feature back!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option to view attachments in a list view mode.

The new, compact view makes it very difficult to see similarly named attachments where only the last few characters in a long name differ.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. schedule

solve problem... can not save image in a schedule (only text... in Mac version)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook for Mac should no longer assume the "sent from" account when a user reads an email in the "all accounts" inbox

Currently, when a user marks (reads) an email in the "all accounts" inbox and selects "new email", Outlook for Mac wrongly assumes that the account this new email should be sent from is the same account the email the user was just reading. This defies any logic. The whole purpose of the "all accounts" inbox is to allow the user to look at all incoming mail regardless from what account.

The fact that Outlook for Mac simply assumes the sender account has legal implications. If an email is sent from the wrong account (e.g. customers), potentially sensitive information is now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Get rid of shifting events in the calendar

It's annoying when you accidentally shift a meeting or event and it gives you a pop up that says "you have made changes to this meeting. If the organizer sends you an update, your changes will be deleted". I never use this feature to move around others events. This usually happens if I quickly double click an event, but it shifts the event somehow in the calendar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: HTML formatted emails gets forwarded as empty or blank emails

I suggest you fix the following "bug" even if you think it is a feature (as according to Microsoft online help).
    I consider it a bug when a person opens an HTML formatted email, and by mistake or on purpose clicks randomly inside the email before forwarding it, which causes Outlook to forward the email with no content (totally blank). This "feature" does not exist in Windows version of Outlook.
    I tried several ways to report this issue, but it has gone unanswered. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: HTML formatted emails gets forwarded as empty or blank emails

I suggest you fix the following "bug" even if you think it is a feature (as according to Microsoft online help).
    I consider it a bug when a person opens an HTML formatted email, and by mistake or on purpose clicks randomly inside the email before forwarding it, which causes Outlook to forward the email with no content (totally blank). This "feature" does not exist in Windows version of Outlook.
    I tried several ways to report this issue, but it has gone unanswered. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restore delayed send function.

We have O365 and volume license. This feature worked fine then was removed in newer builds. Support chat folks told me our license type doesn't have this feature. Well, our licensing didn't change, and I had the feature along with many others here. worked just fine then was revoked in later builds. Why? seems artificially tied to something. Please put it back for all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Saved mail in Windows, Open in Outlook for Mac

Mail that is saved on the windows (.eml file) can not be opened in outlook for Mac. Make the file format inter changeble.

When those mails are stored for reference on sharepoint, Mac users can not read it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Behavior when adding Appointments and Meetings

(Outlook for Mac 2016). We use shared calendars a lot, so it would be nice when creating an Appointment (for all users to see, but no invitation necessary) from the email window, that you have the option of selecting which calendar, instead of your own exchange calendar. This can be done from the Meetings dialog (From line), but not the Appointment dialog. The user must go into the Calendar view, then select the calendar they want to add the Appointment into. It doesn't seem to be able to be done from the Email view.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow dock to show envelope icon to indicate new mail arrived

Allow dock to show envelope icon to indicate new mail arrived, as it used to do in previous version.

Dock icon currently just shows count of unread mail, which is useless since I always have many unread emails which I have read but have not marked as read. It may seem odd to read an email and not marked it as read, but that’s the way I’ve used Outlook for decades, because I want the email to remain highlighted. I could use Category color markers, but they are much less noticeable when browsing email titles, and requires extra steps to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase the right edge padding to the same amount as the left edge so the text does not run right up against the scrollbar.

Currently, while typing a mail message (HTML format), the text flows almost all the way to the right edge of the window, right up against the scroll bar and it can be hard to see in order to fix any typos in that spot. There needs to be a larger padding programmed into that edge so that text wraps sooner and is more legible while typing.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Select an Alias in the "From" field

Currently the "From" option to send emails from alias accounts is not available in Outlook for Mac (only Outlook for Windows today). It is a very good feature to be added when you want - for instance - to be able to send an email that then appears to be coming from a Distribution List (DL). Ultimately, when someone reply to the email, it goes to the entire DL and not only to the sender.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow "Store" access for non O365 users

I want access to apps or "store" but I am not using an O365 account for Outlook. Today you must be O365 account to use add-ins. I have a Microsoft account/login using this email address so I think I should be allowed to log into my Microsoft account and "install" add-ins to Outlook for Mac. Please fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base