OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add option to remove new grid lines

The latest update to the Outlook client (15.32) on mac adds horizontal grid lines to the message list (preview pane turned off), but added no discernible option to turn them off. The visual clutter really slows me down and I'm surprised MS would make such a significant, draconian (and completely arbitrary) change to the interface without giving users the option to revert it. Was this even user-tested on customers who had Outlook already configured without the grid lines? Please surface an option to turn them off ASAP.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remove added gridlines that came with 10.12.4

remove gridlines that came in update 10.12.4. i do not mind if it is an option but you have cluttered up my inbox to where it is unreadable now.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All moving of mail between accounts

Allow move mail between email accounts.

The current release version permits moving of mail to folders of other accounts. The current Insider Fast release for Google Preview accounts no longer permits this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Delve People Preview Pane

Similar to the Delve people pane that appears on Outlook 365 web, can a rich people pane appear when clicking a user's name - displaying elements like org chart, contact details, photo, files etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow addition of a location when adding appointments from the calendar view.

Adding an appointment the two most important pieces of information are 1) Time & 2) LOCATION! My appointments are of varying time and are all over our campus. Forcing me to create an appointment, finish it, then double click it to open up a giant form only to enter a room number is ridiculous.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Lunar calendar support

West asia countries use lunar calendar and some of schedules are made by lunar date annually, but Outlook for mac doesn’t support recurrence lunar schedule – so they missed important schedule like meeting, event etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow pausing incoming messages

Sometimes when working I don't want to be interupted everytime a new message comes in-I need to hold off on receiving mail, though I need to stay online to plan, review calendars, older emails etc (so Work Offline" isn't an option). Push is great when you want to be in constant contact, but it doesn't help you focus. I would like to have a Mail Snooze button that would let me choose to not receive new email for 15/30/1hr/8hr etc. Let me work uninterrupted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve AutoFormat hyphens and dashes

I’d like to propose a feature improvement.

I quite like Word’s (and Outlook’s and other office’s apps) auto-formatting feature (i.e. converting hyphen to en dash, proper quotes, periods etc.).
    Just recently I learned that using en dash is actually wrong in many of the contexts it is used by Outlook/Word. I believe machines are now powerful enough so a bit of AI can be put in place and get the hyphen/en-dash/em-dash/figure-dash to much better place than they are right now.

It could greatly improve the visual appeal of the text.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Failed attachment download option

Add a feature/button to enable an individual mail to be re-downloaded from the server to fix incomplete attachment downloads.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ruler

Please make it possible to view the ruler in an email message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow creation of a search folder for mails that are unread or flagged

On the Windows version, I can create a search folders that shows me all messages that are either unread or flagged. The Mac version does not allow this, as all search criteria are combined with the AND operator. Please allow combination with OR as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Propose New Time for Meeting Series

Please enable Propose New Time for Meeting Series. Right now, I have to propose new times for each individual meeting in the series, which is quite tedious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change the way emails are displayed.

Replies to emails should not display separately. It takes up way too much space in my inbox. The email thread should just show as a new email when someone replies but on the same line.... if that makes sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow CMD+C to copy receipt address

Allow CMD+C to copy sender address without a need to open a contact

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move appointments to different calendars

Within O365 web or Outlook for Windows if after creating an appointment you recognize that it has been created in the wrong calendar or calendar folder you are able to reassign it. This is a needed feature on Outlook for Mac.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add an option to choose the timezone in outlook calander manually

The timezone in calendar is set as UTC by default, which can not be changed. I suggest that you can manuelly choose the timezone you want to use in Outlook calendar. This prevents the annoying messages of different time zones in outlook.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore the Check Names button with IMAP/LDAP Directory Services

Since the Mac Outlook 15.17 version was released, the Check Names button is no longer available with IMAP/LDAP Directory Service email accounts. Every subsequent update through the current 15.22.0 (160506) has the same problem. This Check Names button is grayed-out and unavailable for name resolution against an LDAP DS. The keyboard command Ctrl+Cmd+C also does not work. Check Names appears to only be available with Exchange accounts now.

This issue has not been resolved from versions 15.17 through 15.33 (170315) and affects all my business clients on Mac.

Xpost from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_mac/mac-outlook-1517-check-names-button-no-longer/05d1e88d-6791-42e8-afae-8c4457fc29d1
    & https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/13858062-restore-the-check-names-button-with-imap-ldap-dire

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. thread mails using In-Reply-To header

Many mailing lists set the In-Reply-To header, to indicate that the mail is a reply to another. However outlook does not seem to respect this header, and thus the mail thread is not correctly detected. When using alternative programs, for example Apple's Mail.app, the mails are shown correctly threaded.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Signature

Add coloured text in signature!

It seems that this possibility was taken away after your last update (ver: 15.34 (170419). All my coloured text in signature turn black.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base