OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Understand Gmail (GSuite) aliases

(using GSuite for a domain, I have my account, but also receive email to that account via an alias)

When defining an account that has gmail aliases (so, for instance, the account is Robert.Smith@myCompany.com, but I have an alias for bob@myCompany.com) it would be great if there was a capability in Outlook for provide that list of aliases so when I do a 'reply all' that came in for bob@myCompany.com it realizes that's me when I reply and not include that on the list of people I reply to

Also let me choose if I want mail to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate SharePoint Online Data with Outlook Customer Manager

As we utilize SharePoint Online to store our client contacts, it would be extremely helpful if there was a way to bring this existing data into the Outlook Customer Manager where we can view and edit it right in the context of Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spacing and bolding

Allow the option to adjust the spacing between folders/items in the hierarchy so that we can see more items on the screen at once. Also ability to switch to a bolder font for unread items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Being able to use a leading space in folder name

Being able to use a leading space in a folder name so they can be bumped up in the view hierarchy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. external

Include the same warning banner that the Windows client does when e-mailing external recipients (e.g. "N recipients are outside of your organization")

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the new tab stops when composing an email.

Version 15.36 (170702) introduced new tab stops for the addressbook entries on the TO and CC lines. Why would would I want to open the addressbook via the keyboard when I only need to type the name I'm looking for and let autocomplete do its job?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide better way to remove adventitious calendars from Outlook2016 Mac

Prevent Windows Categories from becoming Calendars in Outlook2016 for Mac and Prevent old categories from Outlook2014 or 2011 from becoming calendars in Outlook2016 Mac.

1. Categories from Outlook2016 for Windows (enterprise version from someone else) appear as calendars in Outlook2016 for Mac when the Windows Outlook client is used to share a calendar with the Mac client. I refer to them as adventitious calendars since I didn’t create them and they appeared nested within all subfolders under My Calendars but not within the subfolders within the Shared Calendars folder in the left navigation pane. I cannot remove them from the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a feature to reply only to your organization recipients and prepend the subject with [INTERNAL]

Often customer facing communications need internal discussion and the mechanism to ensure the internal thread isn't confused with the external customer facing thread is error prone. To create an internal only thread, the user must reply all and manually delete the external recipients. This can be cumbersome when there many recipients and accidentally including an external recipient can have negative consequences. Also, the only mechanism to separate out the internal thread is to prepend it manually with text such as [INTERNAL]. I suggest Microsoft Office automate this process by creating a "Reply Internal" option. This will reply only to recipients…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hangouts

allow me to add a Hangout/Google Meet Now when creating an invite in Outlook as though I was using the Google Web interface

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add "percentage complete" to Outlook for Mac Tasks as per Windows Outlook 2013

As with Outlook 2013 the Task object to include “% Complete” followed by a spin box with the default value of 0%. This can be edited to any value we find useful
    This field is then available within Column Chooser when viewing tasks and is available for sorting and grouping.

For me I group by completion and then sort within the group. It has been a great help in managing my task lists. ATM I have a small Windows notebook with Outlook open for my task lists at the office sitting alongside my iMac as we are an Apple house…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add the ability to change the subject

Please add the ability to change the original subject of received emails. Background: some senders choose subjects wihich are not very descriptive or i want to add keywords or my own subject, which makes it easier to re-find mails. In Entourage there was such a feature.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. WIth Outlook 15.35 attachments take up way too much space - please refactor.

With Outlook 15.35 attachments are taking up way too much space. With previous version it was less. Please remember not everyone uses 27" monitors.

Either that or make it customisable where it shows the attachments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include In-Place Archive In Search

When searching email, make it possible to include the in-place archive.

If included, the applicaiton should remember this for next time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Modify distribution list membership

Have the ability to modify membership for distribution list in the address book as is in the Windows version.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. booking meeting room in calendar issue when I migrate to O365

I have a Mac for outlook issue when I booked the meeting room in calendar. I get the email from meeting room send back for me and it show up on meeting room immediately. but when I migrate to O365, the situation is different. I can't see the current meeting calendar status. it will be display after 30 minutes. it's very slow I can't waiting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fully implement email copy to local inbox

Because my Exchange Server limits my storage space, I created a rule which copies all incoming email to my local Inbox. This rule fails to completely copy meeting invitations. Specifically, when an invitation is copied, the copy says "The organizer has not requested a response for this meeting", and there is no button allowing me to accept or decline the meeting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. email attachment tool (local store) with dedupe

Consider an email attachment tool that strips out all email attachments (from both sent and received mail) when run manually or on a schedule. Tool should leave a pointer behind. Attachment repository (local) must dedupe. Will increase performance and save lots of local and back-end server space.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring It Back

I am using v15.36 (170702). When I try and move an email from my Inbox to a folder I have created on my computer I am NOT provided a visual clue that I am hovering above the folder I am interested in using. This was something which was available in the 'stable' build.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support Candara Font

Word supports it; Can't see it in the Outlook composer's font list

1 vote
    Vote