OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Outlook / Skype for Business New Meeting Space

In Windows Outlook it is possible to have a New Meeting Space per meeting - this is much more secure & prevents people joining upcoming meetings - this is not possible in Mac Outlook 2016 - please can this be added?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the "To:" field larger when there are several invitees in Outlook 2016

Expand the To: line in Outlook 2016 calendar invites when there are more than a few invitees. Right now, it's very difficult to see how many people are invited to a meeting. One has to scroll a tiny little scroll bar at the right of the "To:" field and one can only see one line at a time for invitees. It's easy fo scroll past a few lines. Very difficult to use. Just make the To: field capable of showing more than one line, or let the user expand the size of the field vertically. Keep the scroll bar in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove the "Please upgrade the Outlook database" dialog

On first launch after some to many updates, users are advised to "Please upgrade the Outlook database" with text about how long it could take.

Most users don't know what to do with this info.
    It's not an option to never upgrade
    I've never seen it take more than 5 seconds.

It will be a better user experience to simply upgrade. It's a non-issue on modern flash storage, and those with ancient rust are used to things being slow. At worst, a dialog that boils down to "hang tight while we do the needful after the upgrade" while it happens…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calendar items in Online Archive can only be viewed in Windows version, NOT Mac or Office365 web access.

Calendar items that automatically get archived into the Online Archive can only be viewed in Windows version of Outlook, from 2010 on, but NOT Mac or inside the Office365 web access version of Outlook. I have a support ticket open with Office365 and they say it currently isn't possible and must be added to the app by the developers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nicknames

Please add nicknames as a search field in the people search display popup window. We have several colleagues who go by a nickname and not their official name and when I search by their nickname it doesn't find them. It does seem to work when I start a new email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please refer to this calendar suggestion, it should be moved to this Business forum

Please see

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/8907997-timezone (over 1,400 votes)

This is a request to allow the display of two timezones in the calendar view like the PC version (e.g. I can display EST & GMT simultaneously to allow for easier scheduling)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clear up confusing text for deleting / empty folder

When RH Clicking on a folder change the text for "Delete" which deletes the FOLDER to say "delete FOLDER" the text for "Delete all" can change to "Empty Folder" or something along those lines. Too many time I have deleted a folder when trying to empty a folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart To: address when replying to a 'sent' messsage

Use the recipient's email address for To: instead of my own when I reply to a message I have sent.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Electronic business card to be a signature in Outlook for mac

I use Outlook for Mac via subscribing to Office 365 for mac. All my colleagues use PC's and run outlook 2010. They use their own electronic business card as their signatures but I cannot as it's not a feature of outlook for mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Shareable Links Search Option

As organizations encourage the use of file sharing services (OneDrive, Drop Box, & Google Drive) and move away from file attachments, it becomes more difficult to find mail messages. This is because those messages are not marked as "attachments" and flagged with the traditional paperclip icon.

It would be great for Outlook for Mac to flag messages with share links and add a search filter to find messages containing share links.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow moving search results to "Focused" or "Other" inboxes

When I'm in my Inbox and I highlight a message, I can see the Move to Other/Focused choices in the top menu under Messages (nothing in the ribbon), but if I do a search and highlight a message, that choice disappears from the Message menu.

I often do searches that result in long conversations that need to be moved to Focused or Other.

Outlook for Mac 2016 v15.41. My MacOS is High Sierra v10.13.2.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make the google integration work in any form. It is unusable as is.

Google apps for business are a major player and outlooks support is terrible. So many features not working I could not list them. Please improve

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable the Mac client to be able to move message(s)/folders to on-line archive. Today, has to be done message by message.

My company uses O365 with On-line archive. Under the Mac client, we have to move individual messages one at a time. Can't move multiple messages or whole folders.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email - Add Reminder Pop-up Calendar

When you set a date for an email reminder Outlook does not provide a pop-up calendar to help select the required date. This feature is available in Outlook for Windows. It would also be beneficial for the time of day to also be selected as well.

It is difficult to select a day-month-year without seeing what day of the week is being chosen for followup.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. after updating task it moves to next

In the task list, when I update a category or followup date, it automatically moves it to the next task. I don't want it to move forward until I'm done updating multiple items on the task. I keep having to click back on the task.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dragging & Moving messages in Search Mode

When I search for a message & found it, then I want to drag it to a particular folder or sub folder, it's not possible in Mac, though it's very much possible n Outlook for Windows. We want this feature in Outlook for Mac.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable the Archive button for older versions of Exchange (prior to Exchange 2016)

There's an odd asymmetry between Exchange for iOS and Exchange for Mac.

Exchange for iOS displays the "archive" button when connected to older Exchange servers (prior to 2016), but Exchange for Mac doesn't.

Please bring Exchange for Mac at least up to parity with Exchange for iOS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix permissions so that shared calendars don't need "Reviewer" permissions to see titles and locations

Currently, any calendars set to "Can view titles and locations" in OWA are seen in OWA and Apple Calendar.app, but not in Outlook 2016. The only way to see shared calendars in Outlook is for the owner to change permissions to "Can view all details". This makes shared calendars appear in Outlook, but triggers reminders for all users who can see the events.

Fix Outlook for Mac so that shared calendar titles and locations can be viewed when "Can view titles and locations" permissions are set.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fix Skype for Business

I used to be able to enter my credentials into Sync for Exchange and my meetings would show. Now we are using OKTA and it comes uip with a screen to log in and authenticate, it does its thing but eventually goes bafurck to the enter credentials again in a very fustrating loop

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Rules to run AppleScripts

So I get that with Sandboxing, there's aspects of the "run applescript" option in Rules that wouldn't work so well. Obviously, talking to non-office/non-ms apps wouldn't work too well.

But, there's a lot of use for this within Outlook itself, or to do things that would be allowed. For example, I just ran into someone who has to rebuild a workflow that used the ability to run AppleScripts from rules to handle a really complex set of forwarding conditions. That never leaves outlook, sandboxing wouldn't affect that.

There's a lot of stuff that could be done with this that sandboxing…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base