OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Outlook for mac not working

My Outlook for Mac Office 2011 has stopped working, please help as not received emails since 5th May 2020?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rule "does not contain"

Please include a rule for the mail filter "DOES NOT CONTAIN" a word inside the message body for example.

Right now I can only specify "DOES CONTAIN" in MS Outlook 16 for MAC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Send 6-digit two factor authentication codes in a format that MacOS can suggest them for autofill

When my bank sends a 6 digit two factor authentication code, MacOS will suggest the code as an autofill on the banking screen. When Microsoft send 6 digit 2FA codes to access our corporate enterprise site, they don't get suggested as an autofill. When I change my corporate password (every few months) I can get up to 20 SMS messages with codes. Would be useful if I didn't need to type them all in across Mac Mail and all the MS office apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add option to limit ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook Directory

Outlook constantly grows this directory to 30GB or more...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. reminder

In todays multi-monitor world, the popup dialog for reminders (calendar, tasks, mail reminders, etc) should keep it's state physically so that after dismissing a reminder, it pops up in the same location I put the window the last time. It's too hard to find when you have multiple windows open in multiple monitors.

This state should persist across application quit and system restart.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow opening multiple Outlook instances (e.g. one screen with Calendar, second with mailbox)

Back on Windows I always had two Outlook Windows open - one with mailbox, the second with calendar. Was really practical to be able to scroll through the calendar when writing an email and looking for possible slots to suggest a meeting/phone call/ etc. On Mac this does not seem possible.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pin Tasks using a Mac

My PC allows me to pin the tasks bar but not optional using a mac. A long awaited change please!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore full header info for Google based accounts in Outlook for Mac.

with the latest version of Outlook for Mac, view source does not return the service information in the header. if you connect via an imap account to a google account, it still works. But with the new api to google, you only get the body and sender info. This makes it hard to determine the source of spam and other message by tracing the IP addresses of mx servers that the message went through. google provides this information on their website. so we can still get the info, but this is an extra step. especially when you can still get…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please bring back support for "linux mailing list" formats

Sending emails to the linux mailing list in outlook for Mac is virtually impossible today due to not supporting a variety of formatting methods that Linux teams require. These are the three key pieces of feedback for the current Outlook apps:

1. Do not alter the body of the message in transit and in storage. Keep the body of the message after the headers the same, byte-for-byte (no added or removed whitespace or line wrapping).

2. Outlook in plain text mode has an option to "indent each line of the original message", but only does so with 4 spaces on the left.…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. dismiss a meeting notification after you click "join online" button

Where a meeting is for Teams or Skype for Business, the meeting alert / notification shows a "join online" button. When I click this button to join the meeting, I want the notification to be dismissed. Current behaviour is that the notification remains on the screen and has to be dismissed manually

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix the "Candara" font label

The font listed as "Candara" in the Outlook 365 web interface is not actually Candara--it is Optima. Please label the font correctly and insure that it is widely supported across e-mail platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include the folder names in the reading pane

With mails showed as conversation or when I have the result of a search, I would like to see in which folder each message is stored directly in the reading pane.
    I know that it is possible to see the folder name in the window title when the message is opened in a window, but this is not so practical.
    Also, the functionality is available opening Outlook on the web, so why not to include it in Outlook for Mac? Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement anything on this UserVoice at all

I really haven't seen much of this UserVoice ever get implemented. I see the same old problems with Outlook on Mac now that I did 4 years ago.

Until we get connections to Apple calendars and contacts, and Outlook for Mac has any functionality of Outlook for Windows above what it has now, there's just no point in using it. I think we're simply being ignored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a preference option to lock the mailboxes in Favourites, it is very easy to accidentally delete a folder and this is time consuming

Add ability to lock mailboxes in favourites.

It is far too easy to accidentally delete a mail box using the current star system (Mac OS X)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to disable .msg file export in Outlook for Windows

I know this is not strictly a Mac requirement, but since you already declined to implement .MSG file support on the Mac, there should be an option to stop (or make more difficiult) the creation of such files on Outlook for Windows. I frequently have to deal with .msg attachments because I cannot convince my thousands of co-workers to not use this file format. Please make the default on Windows to save mails in an interchangeable format.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the actual date in the Reading Pane for "today" emails

I saw this post on the web, and I realize I too want to see the date, even it if is "Today". Sometimes I just don't know what day it is, and I look at my Inbox to confirm the date - BUT now all Today emails are dated "Today". Can we then change the date in the Reading Pane from "Today" to the actual date? It still would show Today in the Inbox, but be more specific in the Reading Pane.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dashboard

A dashboard indicating new, flagged up, categorized emails, a calendar showing upcoming meetings, tasks would be a nice to have feature. On startup, it should show this dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Focused Inbox across All Accounts ("Focused Unified Inbox") a la Outlook for iOS

Simply aggregate the Focused Inbox across all accounts simultaneously.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)