OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

1. Show meeting category colors when scheduling a meeting in Scheduling tab

When scheduling a meeting, the colors that are assigned to a meeting, via a Category, aren't being displayed when the Scheduling tab is active

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable automatic synchronization of event answers between web-interface and outlook for mac (desktop app)

When I send a calender event invitation to an attendee (in or out my organization) the outlook for mac desktop app does not sync the attendee's answer automatically with the web-interface. In the web-interface I can see that the person has accepted my invitation. But in the Outlook for Mac App I only see "the attendee has not answered yet". Even hours later this information is still not synced. I must click on "sync now" to update the calender. Then it works. It would be much more helpful if the outlook app syncs automatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "request responses"

Add a preference setting to enable/disable "Request Responses" by default in new meetings I create

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reduce the "You replied to this message on MM/DD/YY, HH:MM AM to a single line

Currently, every time an email is replied to, a new "You replied to this message..." bar is added to the top of the email. I would request that since the ability to see the conversation history is easily accessible, this be limited to the most recent email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it possible to decide how much data (mails) that is stored and downloaded to your MAC HD. Just as on PC - 3 months, 1 year, all etc...

On my PC I have the possibility to configure my outlook exchange account to set how much mail that is stored locally on my PC. When on MAC - all my mail from 12 years back seems to be downloaded to my MAC HD - totally unnecessary!!

I would like the same feature as on PC and be able to set 1 month, 3 months, 1 year, all. etc...

That would be incredibly valuable for many of us!!

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search funktions does not work

Search funktions does not work
    Search in Outlook does NOT WORK properly - mostly shows NO RESULTS!! Please fix it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability for Calendar filters, i.e. Categories, to support Grid view, currently only supports List view. Feature removed in 16.20 update

Microsoft removed the feature for you to select which Category to show on a Calendar i.e. Grid View. You used to be able to do this by clicking on the Triangle next to a Calendar in the Sidebar which would display all of your Categories. Then you could pick and choose which Categories to display on your Calendar. Now that this feature is removed, you must use Filters, which would be OK but Filters only support List View. Feature removed in 16.19 or 16.20 update.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to turn off email polling (or make mail not appear at all) on particular accounts

I need some Google calendars, which have personal appointments, to appear in Outlook, so I don't double-book. But I don't need/want gmail from that account to appear in Outlook, too. I can turn off calendars; I should be able to turn off email, too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to turn off Notifications on an account-by-account basis.

I don't need to be pinged for every email in every account. Why not allow per-account notification settings -- including maybe different sounds for each account, or none at all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show only your own calendar reminders

If you have several calendars from several mailboxes, it should be possible to select the calendars to which you want to get reminders. Right now you'll get reminders from all calendars. Alternatively only show reminders from the main calendar like in Outlook for Windows

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import csv file into outlook calendar

I'd like to import a csv file into my Outlook calendar and have it creating appointments from it (same functionality as available for Outlook PC).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Page Setup available from the print menu

In order to print in landscape you need to first go into the page setup menu and change the orientation. If we can make the page setup menu accessible from the print menu, it will make easier for user to navigate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't auto-select first message

I have my Outlook configured to mark messages as read when they're selected. Unfortunately Outlook always selects the first message so it can be easily marked as read when it shouldn't be. Apple Mail doesn't have this issue so that's what I'm forced to use :-(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make it easy to bulk clear attachment

Select multiple emails and right click Attachments>Delete and it deletes all attachments in the selected emails and not just the attachments on the email that was last viewed. It is such a slow process to regain email space on the server.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Outlook window will not resize to lesser height

I am not able to make my Outlook window shorter so my Mac buttons cover the bottom of the Outlook screen. I only need to see a few entries at the top but when I go to use the handle at the bottom, it's just an arrow to make it longer and I cannot make it shorter. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make sending calendar notifications when something is changed optional

Every time there is a change in agenda, or a meeting shortened to 30 minutes instead of 45, the calendar sends the changes to everyone as an email. If things need to be updated frequently, the people in the meeting get a barrage of emails which is confusing and unnecessary. Please allow the option of sending notifications or not for each change made to an invite. It would be much easier if some changes were able to be made without notifications.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add native smart card support

Add support for digital signature and encryption certificates located on smart cards.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac - Business

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base