OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ability to Group Tasks like in the Windows version. Currently all you can do is sort by a field.

Just need to be able to group, expand/collapse the tasks list like you can in the Windows version. As soon as you get past a screen full you can't manage the list properly.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add new calendar availability "working elsewhere" as in Windows.

Used frequently now in our company due to flexible working. e.g. Working from Home or other office. Setting the calendar on available leads to people assuming you are in office, on away people feel you are not available for a meeting.

Should be a very easy feature to implement.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add action "show desktop alert" for filtering rules

It should be possible to setup showing desktop notifications as a response to messages filtered using rules (e.g. moved to folder other than inbox). On of good ways how to do that would be to add action "show desktop alert" as one of the possible actions that will be done in response to matching the rule.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a default setting to show details in the email recipient field

In the new version of Outlook for Mac, the email header fields are condensed and you see the list of recipients as a list. In order to see who the email was sent to, you have to click "Show Details". I have yet to find where I can set it to "Show Details" as default.

I feel that most people in a professional setting will want to know whether the email they are reading was intended for them or if they are just copied. If it's an option for default, those who don't need that detail can still have the…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CalDAV support

Support for internet calendar feeds. The main use case is the ability to see conference schedules in Outlook. For example, I attended WPC and Ignite this year and had to keep switching back and forth between Outlook and the conference website/apps to determine my true schedule.

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need more specific examples of what you’re trying to accomplish from those who have voted for this feature. Are you trying to integrate with a third party application and just need CalDav support? Or are you trying to access your calendar hosted on a different service like iCloud or Yahoo? Please comment with your specific needs.
    Thank you for your continued participation in making Outlook for Mac better.

6. Add MailTips

In Outlook for Windows and in OWA, if you draft an email to a user who has an Out Of Office notification enabled, then a MailTip shows up in the compose window (above the To: field) with a warning that the person is Out Of Office. This should also exist in Outlook for Mac

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow group by subject, sort by date, outside of conversations

I would like to be able to select: arrange by subject, newest on top, show in groups. This would work just like arrange by conversations, newest on top, show in group, except it would work for messages that have the same subject but are not in a conversation.

Here's the use case: my corp wiki sends me a message whenever a page I'm watching is updated. There's a lot of these. The subject is always: "[Wiki] title-of-the-page-that-was-updated". So when someone saves frequently while working on a page I get a lot of messages with the same subject, but they are…

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for opening .MSG files in Outlook for Mac

Support for opening .MSG files in Outlook for Mac.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Ignore Thread / Conversation

The windows client lets you select email threads and ignore all future responses to it. There's no reason mac users shouldn't have this option. I would love to ignore all threads involving my coworkers cats or memes on my mac client, but I can't. I'm forced to live with their cats and cat meme threads.

339 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Conversation thread cleanup

In office 2010 there was a feature to clean up older emails in a thread. Rather than having 15 emails, in a conversation, it would easily delete older ones which were still able to be found as part of a "reply". That way you could easily reduce and cleanup duplicates of emails.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fetch mailbox signature from Outlook Web

The Outlook client should have a way of syncing the email signature from the cloud.

It is important to keep all signature synchronized between all clients, Outlook web, Outlook client, Outlook for mac, Outlook for iOS and so on.

The Exchange Transport Rule is not an ideal fit for this scenario.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automapping Shared Mailboxes

Please support automapping for shared mailboxes in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Having shared accounts automatically add themselves for our users would improve their experience.

Additionally, according to support agents, this feature is required for a shared mailbox to automatically send and receive mail.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. please support the Voting button in Outlook for Mac

We need option to insert voting options or to be able to respond to Voting options in Outlook for Mac

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Creation of Appointments from Email

In Outlook on Windows I can create an appointment directly from an email. On Mac there's no way to do this, only a meeting, where I am forced to invite someone to it.

In the meeting dialog there's even what appears to be a button in the ribbon to convert to an appointment, but it doesn't do anything.

On Windows there's a button in the ribbon for this, or I can drag the email down to the 'calendar' button at the bottom left.

Every other email client is miles ahead on this, e.g. automatically detecting that an email is about…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 'new folder'

Allow add/delete/rename of Folders in Ooutlook for Mac connected to Gmail

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow calendar and inbox to be open at the same time

It's annoying to switch between my inbox and calendar. I know you can open the calendar in a separate window, but it's a bit time-consuming to always do that, especially if I accidentally close a window. Would be great to see an option to make calendar and inbox open separately by default.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Limit offline - cached mail

Limit the amount of mail to keep offline, like in the PC version where we can set a date range. We constantly have problems with users with large mailboxes needing to resync giant mailboxes all the time. In the age of gmail, its crazy to tell people they need to wait to sync 40GB of email before Outlook will be usable... for the 2nd time this month

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send Button on Touchbar still an issue

I have updated my outlook for mac to the latest version, but still have a frequent issue of emails being sent unintentionally due to the location of the touchbar send button.

Please either allow for the customisation of the buttons that are shown on the touchbar - or

Allow for the touchbar to be disabled

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow deleting messages from O365 Groups

The Windows client as well as OWA allow O365 group "owners" to right click and Delete messages. This is important to keep the group clean & organized.

The Mac client does NOT allow messages to be deleted. Please add this critical feature.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable SharePoint Calendars on Outlook for Mac

Larger organizations with either "self-hosted" or Office 365 service using SharePoint as their primary source to manage and share internal information are currently unable to connect to SharePoint Calendars, using Outlook 2016 for Mac.

Please enable Outlook for Mac to Connect to SharePoint Calendars.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base