OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac - Business

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Do you use Outlook for work? Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for business use? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: If you are using an email address from a personal domain (e.g. outlook.com, gmail.com), even if it is for business purposes, please vote on our consumer forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add desktop alert for rule

Please have a desktop alert for the rules that we have created. At the moment only inbox desktop alert is there for MAC, would be great to have the desktop alert for the notification when new mail is received and processed by rule

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dwillis@shutterfly.com

If an email is assigned a category and that email is used to create a task or meeting, then the category should still be attached to the task/meeting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Propose New Time to Meeting and Optionally Include Others on the Response

Similar to the suggestion "Add additional recipients to calendar response", please add the ability to optionally include others on the Reply that's created when responding to an invitiation from someone and you choose "Propose a New Time". Currently, it is not possible to type additional recipients in the "To:" field or to add a "CC:" or "BCC:" field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug report] Offline updates to calendar invites are lost

As a user of Outlook connected to Exchange, I want to add information to an unsent meeting invite when I am not connected to a network.
    Expected result: The calendar invite can be updated before it is sent (in a similar manner to unsent emails), and the recipient sees the latest version.

Actual result: Changes made to unsent meeting invites are lost, and there appears to be no way to recover the unsent changes that were made.
    Client version: Outlook for Mac 16.12 (180410)

Server: Exchange (unknown version)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Disconnect from network (preventing Outlook from sending).
    2.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Reviewing all contacts that have been assigned to specific categories

Outlook removed the ability to select a Category in Contacts and review the individual contacts within that category on my Mac. This is an important function when beginning a mail merge. Maintaining the accuracy of the contents of a category is essential.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show folder where messages are stored when producing the list of messages after a Search

I have a large email collection arranged in a complex hierarchy of folders, both on the server and on my computer. I would find it very useful to tell where each message is stored when I look at the result of a search on all available email folders. Sometimes I am just looking to see if some messages are lost in the wrong folder...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Meeting preview should show date.

In Mail view, when a message is previewed that is a meeting invitation, the preview should show the day and date and not just the contents of the day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easier calendar selection with multiple calendar

When creating a new calendar event or adjusting an existing one and you have multiple O365 accounts connected to Outlook there should a clear selection bar when you can select the calendar (like the from field selector when you send an e-mail) so it is obvious which calendar you are selecting.

Right now it is roll the dice!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I suggest you offer available meeting slots to include in an email.

As on Outlook iOS App please let me quickly select available meeting slots when scheduling a meeting with an external person.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add COLOR labels/Tags to emails in view

Add COLOR Labels/Tags to emails in all views, with ability to add Rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a sorting option that will first sort by the status group names, then sort by date within the groups.

With all of the complexities of the ways you can sort mail, this basic functionality is missing. I want the default view to be my newest unread messages at the top of the inbox. Thanks to Diane Poremsky MVP, I understand that it is possible to use the View > Filter By > Unread command to show only unread messages, then flip the arrow to show newest on top. But then you can't see the read messages, and if you take the filter off or do a search, it changes the order of the unread so that the oldest are…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Regular reoccurring out of office

Add a function where out of office can be turned on for reoccurring days. ie when part time workers are regularly out of the office on the same days each week.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create new meeting from existing meeting

Create a new meeting based on the attendees and notes of a current meeting. This could be used to setup a follow-up or continued discussion for that initial meeting. Include in the details of the new meeting the original meeting date/time as a reference.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being able to create a new Contact that displays a custom New Contact default window with all of the entry fields usually needed already dis

Being able to create a new Contact that displays a custom New Contact default window with all of the entry fields most needed already displayed.
    The majority of my New Contacts are for individuals where the Home Address and Email Address fields are needed (NOT work) and at least 5 of the Personal fields are always needed for extra details such as name, breed, *** and age. It is most tedious have to individually add new fields every time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide feature (that Windows has) to turn off Auto-Complete List

Users receive notifications from SharePoint that are from no-reply@sharepoint.... Since Mac users don't have a Preference as Windows does to 'Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names....', that address is automatically added to their cache (e.g. Joe_Smith <no-reply@sharepoint....> When the user then starts to send an email to Joe Smith, both the legitimate address as well as the noreply one are suggested and if they're not careful/don't remove the "bogus" one from their cache, it tries to send to that address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the user to "pin" an email to the top of their inbox, like on Outlook.com

For my corporate email, I use outlook.office.com, Outlook for Mac, and Outlook for Windows, and Outlook for Android.

I love the web client's ability to "pin" important emails to the top of my inbox. Since this feature is not supported on any other client, I end up using both the web and desktop clients throughout the day. It is very frustrating!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More prominent out of office reminder

On Outlook for windows, when out of office messages are enabled a bar appears across the top of the inbox reminding that they are enabled. On a Mac this doesn't happen. I rarely shut down my computer or quit Outlook, so I often end up forgetting I've left OoO messages on until a colleague reminds me! Appreciate there's a notification when starting Outlook, but this doesn't help me!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unified Inbox - Outlook

OUTLOOK should have a UNIFIED INBOX (and sent box) for users with multiple accounts (IMAP or POP). This is the default behavior on most mobile email clients and desktop clients so clearly there's not a technical limitation to implement this (see Apple Mail MacOS or iOS for an example). There would simply be ONE INBOX that displays all the mail received, yet the individual account folders would remain so users could dig into each account separately if needed. For any business user this is an essential email feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base